How would/ will you vote?

Fide

The vote  

287 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll be voting Yes.

It's early days, but the previously staunch No voters at my work seem to be coming away with a few comments indicating they are now undecided if not actually supporting independence. I'm trying not to actively debate anything with them this time. But if they're already seeing the light then that's good.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is NOTHING stopping the next generation of young people cracking on and creating the next Apple or whatever.
They don't need permission and they certainly don't need the approval or trust of older people.
The truth is that we don't really have people of the calibre required to produce these types of global companies of ANY age.
Our cultural attitude, mindset, or whatever you want to call it is the issue. We are not positive enough. We don't have enough belief. We have a "chip on shoulder" culture, a love for putting people in their place and taking real pleasure in the failures of others. You don't even need to travel far to see it. You can see plenty of evidence for it on this forum. Until this changes we will struggle.
BTW plenty of major corporations have been started by people of all ages. Colonel Sanders was in his 60's for a start.
ALL age groups need to get the collective finger out and make an independent Scotland work.
I am open to persuasion but personally I believe that if we had this type of person in our country we would be seeing evidence of it.

Thank you, Mr Brightside.

There is NOTHING stopping the next generation of young people cracking on and creating the next Apple or whatever.
They don't need permission and they certainly don't need the approval or trust of older people.
The truth is that we don't really have people of the calibre required to produce these types of global companies of ANY age.
Our cultural attitude, mindset, or whatever you want to call it is the issue. We are not positive enough. We don't have enough belief. We have a "chip on shoulder" culture, a love for putting people in their place and taking real pleasure in the failures of others. You don't even need to travel far to see it. You can see plenty of evidence for it on this forum. Until this changes we will struggle.
BTW plenty of major corporations have been started by people of all ages. Colonel Sanders was in his 60's for a start.
ALL age groups need to get the collective finger out and make an independent Scotland work.
I am open to persuasion but personally I believe that if we had this type of person in our country we would be seeing evidence of it.

Get your ignorant cringing pish directly to f**k.

Last time v this time

Me - Yes / Yes
Mum - Yes / undecided
Sister - Yes / Yes
Dad - Yes / Yes
Granny - No / RIP
Grandad - No / Rip
Granny 2 - No / No
Grandad 2 - Yes / Yes

My mum voted leave and she's said to me a few times she's getting pissed off at Sturgeon. Still think she'll go yes again though but possibility of a No.

People's reasoning now is all over the place. No idea how this is going to turn out.

58 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Snapshot of my own family.

Me - Spoilt ballot last time/ Yes this time
Wife - No/Yes
Son - Did note vote/ Yes
Daughter 1 - Yes/Yes
Daughter 2 - Yes/Yes
Daughter 3 - Did not vote/Yes
Gran - No/RIP
Grandad - No/RIP
Mother-in-law - No/RIP
Mum - No/No
Stepdad - No/No
Dad - No/ undecided
Stepmum No/undecided
Brother - Yes/Yes
Sister-in-law Yes/Yes
Sister - Yes/Yes

Last time was:

Spoilt - 1
Yes - 5
No - 7
Did not vote - 2
Undecided - 0

Provisional votes for Indyref2:

Spoilt - 0
Yes - 9
No - 2
Will not vote - 3 deceased
Undecided - 2

The only votes for No were from the only two who voted for Brexit.

Fair enough, It'll be one yes (Myself) and the rest of my family will be a No i guarantee. I think my dad would've voted yes if he didn't hate the SNP so much. 

Just looked at the NO voters in the poll. The usual combination of arseholes and folk I don't recognise.  Oh and ICTChris!

Do any P&Brs know a poster that they assumed was a good guy and turned out to be a NO voter?

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Just looked at the NO voters in the poll. The usual combination of arseholes and folk I don't recognise.  Oh and ICTChris!

Do any P&Brs know a poster that they assumed was a good guy and turned out to be a NO voter?

:lol:

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^Stronger Together likes this.

I'm sure the people in the games industry,biomedicine and a lot more will take issue with this.

ICTChris has always danced about the vote on here. A total shitebag who I'm surprised even took an option in this poll as he was so determined to seem on the fence.

But then, we always knew shitebags are more likely to vote No.

ICTChris has always danced about the vote on here. A total shitebag who I'm surprised even took an option in this poll as he was so determined to seem on the fence.

And you used to criticise my posts on the politics forum!! :)

3 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Whereas people who decide their votes before the facts are known should be be chucked in a canal inside a sackful of bricks and screaming cats.

55 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Fair enough, It'll be one yes (Myself) and the rest of my family will be a No i guarantee. I think my dad would've voted yes if he didn't hate the SNP so much. 

Explain to him that a Yes vote is not a vote for the SNP please. 

Just now, welshbairn said:

Whereas people who decide their votes before the facts are known should be be chucked in a canal inside a sackful of bricks and screaming cats.

What facts about an independent Scotland are there?

Just now, Rugster said:

Explain to him that a Yes vote is not a vote for the SNP please. 

Every day for 2 years i said that, every day. 

I've already started it, but hey, a Tory is good at muddling the facts. 

11 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I don't think he's ever hidden his intentions or views on this. Not like you to make a rip roaring c**t of yourself, though. 

Archived