How would/ will you vote?

Fide

The vote  

287 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Fide said:

I know P&B is heavily slanted towards Yes cos we're mainly good guys*, but with Indyref2 being planned, let's take the current temperature of the forum.

How many fine upstanding*, caring*, progressive* people would vote Yes and how many old folk*, Sevco fans* and arseholes* do we have?

*jokes, obvs

No won last time because of ****, angry english people who thought they were being victimised (or had their superiority challenged), NonBritish EU nationals who were shitting themselves about having to uproot, some "i'm alright jack" pensioners and of course your standard uncle jock style roasters.... you know the ones, likes wearing a kilt / tartan , talks with polite yet strong scottish accent and loves a wee dram and the pipes... but figuratively sucks that english cock as hard and as often as he can.

Some of the old ones will be dead,

Some of the EU folk will have left

Some off the EU folk will have switched sides

& There seems to be less **** in the general population now

Those English mentioned will still think this is all about them & cock suckers will always be cock suckers in regards to the tartan suck.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

There's a guy from Blairgowrie in my work, plays pipes, does the dancing in his kilt all the time, proudest Scot ever according to himself.... can't entertain the idea of independence. Cannot get my head around it.

Good guy like, not seen him this week but I'm looking forward to starting the banter up with him tomorrow. Maybe just maybe I'll get somewhere.

I simply feel that the people of Scotland making decisions for Scotland is what is best.  And that devolution will never cover it for me. 

I can't imagine that the no side will manage to come up with an argument which combats this.

What was it last time, 'i have more in common with someone from Manchester than someone from Madrid' or some similar foreign =bad (and irrelevant to the point) type answer? 

30 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

This is P&B at its finest...casual sectarianism blended with ignorance with an admixture of poor grammar.

U ok ***?

4 hours ago, holsten said:

So if there is another referendum and we get a Yes vote, will we get another referendum two years later? Or is it a vote every two years until we get a yes then never again?
I think that's the reality of the democracy SNP style.

Nope.  Once we get a Yes vote, the referendums stop.  Until then, they keep going.

HTH.

There's a guy from Blairgowrie in my work, plays pipes, does the dancing in his kilt all the time, proudest Scot ever according to himself.... can't entertain the idea of independence. Cannot get my head around it.

Good guy like, not seen him this week but I'm looking forward to starting the banter up with him tomorrow. Maybe just maybe I'll get somewhere.

Blairgowrie is filled with oddballs to be fair.

9 hours ago, Elixir said:

For what it's worth, I think a vote in the next couple of years is too early and the result will probably be no again, albeit a bit closer. Who knows how damaging a repeat result could be?

Obviously it seems attractive to have it so soon after Brexit etc, but for me it should be left for another 10-15 years to allow for most of the baby boomers to pop their clogs and another younger generation of voters to enter the electorate. The result would be a landslide.

Reluctantly I agree with ye.

signed,
An auld c**t.

20 hours ago, steelmen said:

I sort of agree with you, the Scottish parliament is a bit for show. Westminster gives it some money and tells it use it as it sees fit but all the important stuff is kept in London where we have no power to influence it.

It is time the Scottish parliament governed everything about the country and the only way that can happen is independence. Then the SNP or whoever is in government can be held to task about the job it is doing as they have no one to blame but themselves.

That's my point.
The buck should stop at Edinburgh.

19 hours ago, NotThePars said:

If you're opposing a Yes vote based on your opinion of the SNP then you're also tacitly endorsing this current Tory government as a better option. The Tory government that's rapidly dismantling the NHS, engineering a bigger education crisis than we can ever hope to achieve and scarcely managing to negotiate a Brexit deal that won't keep you working till you're deid. Worth a thought tbh.

Guid point.
Voting SNP is a means tae an end.
Independence - then vote for whoever.
Easy peasy.

10 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

You could try electing a pro-union party instead of a pro-independence one with a manifesto commitment to hold a referendum in order to defeat SNP style democracy. With democracy.

:thumsup2

9 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Nicola Sturgeon is 5ft4. The average height for a woman in Scotland seems to be around 5ft3. HTH

That's how I'm called Wee Willie :lol: Course I've always looked up tae Nicola :wub:

9 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

If we vote Yes then we'd be free to have any kind of referendum we like at any time we like, as long as we elected a parliament who were willing to vote for it.

That's what democracy is you absolute roaster.

Another guid point :thumsup2

Archived