How would/ will you vote?

Fide

The vote  

287 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Why does your literality not extend to the same extent to anyone else in the world who you post about on this website?

I've a hefty wager I've posted about big Abrahilllovic after his important goals for us this seasons, including Sunday.

Your thesis seems to be that I regard ScotNats as 'wee'.  I think I addressed this and am content in my view.  They are, almost to a 'person'.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

I've a hefty wager I've posted about big Abrahilllovic after his important goals for us this seasons, including Sunday.

Your thesis seems to be that I regard ScotNats as 'wee'.  I think I addressed this and am content in my view.  They are, almost to a 'person'.

As I've posted before, it's your apparent desire to belittle the First Minister. A search shows you've been calling her it since 2013 is fair enough and suggests it's her rather than her post-2014 position you're trying to denigrate. Any other assertion about Scottish nationalists is laughable, insecure nonsense of course, although combined with the constant referrals to Sturgeon in such a way I'm sure you can understand why people would question you. Much in the same way you understand that people vote for parties in elections, but the understanding no doubt exists.

So if there is another referendum and we get a Yes vote, will we get another referendum two years later? Or is it a vote every two years until we get a yes then never again?
I think that's the reality of the democracy SNP style.

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

As I've posted before, it's your apparent desire to belittle the First Minister. A search shows you've been calling her it since 2013 is fair enough and suggests it's her rather than her post-2014 position you're trying to denigrate.

I remain content that a post-Brexit independent Scotland embracing the EU freedoms of labour, capital, services and goods is attainable/desirable and that Nicola is a despicable, wee tartan gonk as are her 'wee' shortbread-munching pals.  

Hope this clarifies things.

7 minutes ago, holsten said:

So if there is another referendum and we get a Yes vote, will we get another referendum two years later? Or is it a vote every two years until we get a yes then never again?

You could try electing a pro-union party instead of a pro-independence one with a manifesto commitment to hold a referendum in order to defeat SNP style democracy. With democracy.

For what it's worth, I think a vote in the next couple of years is too early and the result will probably be no again, albeit a bit closer. Who knows how damaging a repeat result could be?

Obviously it seems attractive to have it so soon after Brexit etc, but for me it should be left for another 10-15 years to allow for most of the baby boomers to pop their clogs and another younger generation of voters to enter the electorate. The result would be a landslide.

9 minutes ago, holsten said:

1) Assuming that Indyref 2 is held on the earliest date that Nicola has suggested, it will be 4 years after Indyref 1, not 2 years.

2) After independence, Unionists can stand on an manifesto campaigning for a referendum on resurrecting the union. If they get a majority, they can legislate to hold whatever referenda they want to.

Quite simple, really. I'm surprised you asked.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Would love you to justify this but I ken you can't.

What I do know is how Scotland prospered by dint of the union.  Not that I'm especially wedded to it.

Just think how prosperous it could have been if it hasn't been shafted in numerous ways by dint of not being in the union eh.

Also, the lead up to the union being formed didn't exactly make for glad tidings either.

23 minutes ago, holsten said:

If we vote Yes then we'd be free to have any kind of referendum we like at any time we like, as long as we elected a parliament who were willing to vote for it.

That's what democracy is you absolute roaster.

Archived