How would/ will you vote?

Fide

The vote  

287 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No doubt we have the occasional  success story but my point is that we have nowhere near enough of these unicorns to make life after independence anything other than very tough.

What is wrong with you? Do you think the rest of the UK is more innovative, more able to adapt, harder working, better educated, or - supply another reason?

You always harp on about your experience, my experience is this.

Scots workers are highly sought after & are leaders in the rest of the world. Our innovation & expertise in the fields of engineering, bio-medicine, renewables, oil exploration & production to name but a few.

So what is it?

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

In Scotland we are too risk averse and way too unambitious on almost everything.

If we are to succeed then we MUST address that.

Isn't that a self-fulfilling prophecy though? Voting Yes is exactly the sort of act that fits the bill of what you're saying we don't do. We are what we are because of past circumstances, and we can change who we are by fixing our future circumstances. We can address that by voting Yes and empowering a nation!

I am fortunate in my work in that it involves a fair bit of travel.  Who do I keep meeting in senior leadership positions in enormous, world leading companies? Scottish c***s. Tons and tons and tons of Scottish c***s. From MD's to Heads of Function, fuckers from Crieff, Kirkaldy, Thurso (fucking Thurso!!!) running the show in Abu-Dhabi, New York, Mumbai  or Manilla.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

FWIW I think this is a problem with the fact that teaching methods in schools and universities.

Schools teach to the test and iniversities could not give two fucks about the quality of graduate produced as long as the kids are kept in the uni system as long as possible in order for fees to keep rolling in. Both schools and unis have incentive schemes imposed on them which sadly produce this kind of effect.

I have no idea how to solve this but young people are being short changed.

Shut it Oaksoft, you are absolutely full of shit.

The more I think about it, there shouldn't be a vote given to Scottish people about independence.....The vote should be given to the English. I think 18 months of sturgeon and salmond baiting them will be enough for them to vote to kick us out!!!

I'm in London just now and there are a lot of people saying 'just piss off then' they get really angry when i said i wish we could!!!

1 minute ago, steelmen said:

The more I think about it, there shouldn't be a vote given to Scottish people about independence.....The vote should be given to the English. I think 18 months of sturgeon and salmond baiting them will be enough for them to vote to kick us out!!!

I'm in London just now and there are a lot of people saying 'just piss off then' they get really angry when i said i wish we could!!!

I thought there was a campaign for London to go on its own after the Brexit vote.

On 14/03/2017 at 08:35, AyrExile said:

Would expect it to be a no again but shall make my mind up once the plans are revealed. If the Yes side can make the numbers stack up this time so no drop in living standards or tax rises to cover a  deficit then would be happy to vote Yes. 

2008 slashed my living standards so rUK can go f**k itself.

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

OK firstly if these Scots are "running the show" in these "pure dead massive companies like maaaaan" you'll be talking about people who graduated 20 or 30 years ago when  our education system was pouring out decent talent so I'm not sure how this helps your argument about TODAY'S education system underperforming.
Or perhaps it does. Feel free to counter.

When you do that you might care to explain how having these Scots working all over the world is going to help improve Scotland's tax take post independence.

One that springs to mind is the founder of a tech firm in London, assisted/funded by the googlelabs accelerator, Scots and Scots Uni educated and the c**t was 26.

I'm sorry you hate your country but don't think your pish washes with any grown ups, OK?

8 hours ago, ayrmad said:

2008 slashed my living standards so rUK can go f**k itself.

Would that not count as a global crisis? If you want to point the blame locally then surely Labour mismanagement and overspending. Not sure the Scottish people can complain that time about not getting the party they voted for. Wonder how good your living standards would be currently if Yes had won in 2014? Not sure the oil sovereign fund would be stretching very far right now.

23 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:

I may be imagining this but wasn't oaksoft extremely pro-independence when he started posting on this forum?

Yes.  He's now, however, discovered it's much more fun when the goats trip-trap over his bridge.

1 hour ago, Jamaldo said:

I may be imagining this but wasn't oaksoft extremely pro-independence when he started posting on this forum?

I think that's when he only had four O levels; things change when you get a PhD.  Even an imaginary one.

Archived