Cheltenham

doulikefish

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not keen on the Sky Bet site, used the free bet money on what was supposed to be an ew trixie, now it seems it was all horses tw, which means my 18/1 Dadsintrouble pick has to win the 4.50 to get any money back. A major reason for the bet was the extra places.

I made loads last year doing matched betting on Cheltenham.  I never had placed any horse bets until the lead up of it last year.  I must admit I was pretty ignorant about horse racing and aside from picking a horse in the Grand National at the works sweepstake I never bothered my arse with it.

But afterwards I felt uncomfortable due to the fact that a lot of Horses died in last years in the festival.  I assumed Horse deaths were a quite rare thing.  I'm not having a go at anyone.  I realize I'm a hypocrite, I never donated my profits to horse charities etc.   But does it not bother you that Horses die in this thing so often?  The current number is 3.  I've no doubt that the trainers and owners care for their animals.  But getting them to jump massive hurdles is just asking for trouble.

3 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

I made loads last year doing matched betting on Cheltenham.  I never had placed any horse bets until the lead up of it last year.  I must admit I was pretty ignorant about horse racing and aside from picking a horse in the Grand National at the works sweepstake I never bothered my arse with it.

But afterwards I felt uncomfortable due to the fact that a lot of Horses died in last years in the festival.  I assumed Horse deaths were a quite rare thing.  I'm not having a go at anyone.  I realize I'm a hypocrite, I never donated my profits to horse charities etc.   But does it not bother you that Horses die in this thing so often?  The current number is 3.  I've no doubt that the trainers and owners care for their animals.  But getting them to jump massive hurdles is just asking for trouble.

They probably get treated better and live longer than any other captive animal.

Archived