Summer Football

Hello.  I am a student doing a research project on the merits of switching to summer football for the senior men's game.  I have managed to interview various players and coaches, but need the opinions of the fans.  I would appreciate if people could fill out this short survey.  It should only take a few minutes as it is very short.  Thank you.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/3L9PQFQ

Done.

Your results will be interesting. As always with this topic it is easy to ask players, coaches and fans "would you like to play in the summer" - what that actually looks like in practice, and how that would actually work, is a very different matter. While I appreciate the survey is asking pretty general questions, it doesn't define what "summer football" is, and it also assumes that it would "avoid playing over the winter months". In practice a summer season would run from mid-January to mid-December. If you ask people "would you like to pay less tax" they all respond positively - when you explain what the consequences of that are, it's different. Also playing through a WC/Euros means going without players, not just clashing for fans and TV's attention, which people sometimes forget - particularly now 24-team Euros and 48-team WC.

8 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Though given how desperately dull and cagey these international tournaments are becoming, an alternative could be a blessed relief!

The last one was rotten.

The one before that though was absolutely tremendous.

37 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

They all blend into one. But yes Brazil was good. Don't have fond memories of South Africa or Euro 2012 though.

Agreed.

I thought the trend had been ever poorer for a while.

The last World Cup was really good though.

What courses involve so much research on football in Scotland? I assume it's a course at some shitehouse like Paisley or University of Edinburgh.

Also if someone handed me project with a survey taken from people on here I'd fire the whole lot straight in the bin.

I got all the way to the end before i realised there was no space to rip the pish.
Disappointing.

Don't listen to the haters. Well done for getting an education in something that interests you. You are probably now better qualified to run scottish football than Doncaster.

Archived