The Relegation Battle

9 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Bear in mind we lost our best defender to injury a couple weeks back, and have now lost arguably our best player in Lewis Morgan. Two massive blows.

We have momentum and we are the league's form team, but that momentum is fragile. I still believe we are going to come to rue some of those criminal home defeats.

Is Morgan definitely out?

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Behave your safe as houses now. Let the bottom 4 fight it out.

If we win next week then I'll agree. If we lose and you beat Queens then we are back in deep shit. We're a decent side but we just don't win enough games. Still think we will be fine but certainly not over the line yet.

I have never thought we'd go down but we're still not out of danger. As has been mentioned, we need to beat Rovers. Victory and that should be that but a defeat would be a total disaster.

There's no chance you'll lose that's for sure. We can barely score a goal away from home let alone win a match.

Worth noting at this stage that we find ourselves bottom, and 4 of our remaining 6 games are away games at the top 4....

I would happily swap positions with anyone else in the league.

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

Worth noting at this stage that we find ourselves bottom, and 4 of our remaining 6 games are away games at the top 4....

You can comfortably beat any of them home or away, I'll be surprised if you don't get 40 points.

6 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I doubt they played with the same spirit today tbf

We played like we were full of spirits rather than spirit today.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Maybe you would but league positions are changeable up until 36 games are played. However we are stuck with our cretinous squad until the end of the season and beyond. On current form st'mirren will be safe and Raith and Ayr will be playing to see who finishes 9th

I'm sure every Rovers fan right now would swap places with St Mirren  if it also meant swapping squads because ours is destined for relegation and it's no more than they deserve. 

As Lex said, our main problem is our run-in is horrendous. Away to Morton, Falkirk, Dundee United and Hibs is a nightmare - could easily see us taking nothing from those game.

Being at home to Dumbarton and Raith is good but Dumbarton are a bogey team for us and, given his record against us, Skacel will probably score in the last minute for Raith with his arse.

As Lex said, our main problem is our run-in is horrendous. Away to Morton, Falkirk, Dundee United and Hibs is a nightmare - could easily see us taking nothing from those game.
Being at home to Dumbarton and Raith is good but Dumbarton are a bogey team for us and, given his record against us, Skacel will probably score in the last minute for Raith with his arse.

Not a chance you guys will win at least 3 or 4 of these games. Your now safe unless you have a spectacular collapse which I don't see happening. Bottom 2 fight is between us and Raith. Suspect we'll finish bottom with Raith staying up by winning the playoffs

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Not a chance you guys will win at least 3 or 4 of these games. Your now safe unless you have a spectacular collapse which I don't see happening. Bottom 2 fight is between us and Raith. Suspect we'll finish bottom with Raith staying up by winning the playoffs

"safe unless you have a spectacular collapse" - we're still bottom for FFS :lol:

The reverse psychology from fans of all clubs on this thread, including myself, is embarrassing and hilarious in equal measure.

"safe unless you have a spectacular collapse" - we're still bottom for FFS :lol:
The reverse psychology from fans of all clubs on this thread, including myself, is embarrassing and hilarious in equal measure.

Yes you're bottom but you're playing like you're in the top 4 with results to match. I fully expect St Mirren to win 3 or 4 games in the run in.

Archived