The Relegation Battle

Get yourself lifted son, it's all to play for. For every team in the bottom 5.

The fans want the team to do well, but the team haven't the heart, skill or determination to get out of this situation.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol:
The side sitting bottom of the table - a place they've occupied since September - are safe. What a ridiculous post.

They will be comfortably safe if they keep playing the way they have for the past few months. This is a different team to the one languishing at the bottom without a win.

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

They will be comfortably safe if they keep playing the way they have for the past few months. This is a different team to the one languishing at the bottom without a win.

Of course. There's no guarantee they will though. St Mirren have a lot of tough game left and they could easily lose a few of them without playing terribly. They are far from safe but considering they looked dead and buried a few months ago, it's a big improvement.

"safe unless you have a spectacular collapse" - we're still bottom for FFS [emoji38]
The reverse psychology from fans of all clubs on this thread, including myself, is embarrassing and hilarious in equal measure.

What do you expect? We're all clutching at straws!

2 hours ago, Stu said:

"safe unless you have a spectacular collapse" - we're still bottom for FFS :lol:

The reverse psychology from fans of all clubs on this thread, including myself, is embarrassing and hilarious in equal measure.

I'm certainly not using reverse psychology, there's just no way we are going to take the same or more points from the remaining games as yourselves. 

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 14:47, irvine_buddie said:

Had a go at predicting how it'll pan out. Most likely be miles off with teams scrapping for their lifes results are hard to predict but here goes...

St Mirren

Ayr (H) - 1

Dumbarton (H) - 3

Morton (A) - 1

Falkirk (A) - 0

Dundee Utd (A) - 0

Raith (H) - 3

Hibs (A) – 1

Total – 9

Trying not to go overboard with optimism, would like to think we could win all 3 home games but it’s just not St Mirren, and we are incapable of winning 3 league games in a row.

Ayr

St Mirren (A) - 1

QoS (H) - 1

Dundee Utd (H) - 0

Morton (A) - 0

Hibs (H) - 0

Raith (A) - 1

Total – 3

Think their mini run of form will falter, they’ll be hard to beat but just lacking in quality I think.

Dumbarton

Morton (H) - 0

St Mirren (A) - 0

Dunfermline (H) - 3

QoS (A) - 0

Dundee Utd (A) - 0

Falkirk (H) - 1

Total – 4

Only beaten Raith (twice) since the new year, too many draws and run off bad form at the wrong time will kill them I think.

Raith Rovers

Falkirk (A) - 0

Dunfermline (A) - 0

Morton (H) - 1

Hibs (A) - 0

St Mirren (A) - 0

Ayr (A) – 1

Total - 2

Hard run-in of fixtures, could all come down to the last game away to Ayr but their away form is woeful.

Dunfermline

Hibs (H) – 0

Raith (H) - 3

Dundee Utd (A) 0

Dumbarton (A) – 0

Falkirk (H) - 1

Morton (H) - 1

QoS (A) – 1

Total - 6

Should do enough to stay up, probably only need 1 win.

Queen of the South

Dundee Utd (H) - 0

Ayr (A) - 1

Hibs (A) - 0

Dumbarton (H) - 3

Falkirk (A) - 0

Dunfermline (H) – 1

Total – 5

Same as Dunfermline, 1 win needed most likely.

Final Table

Queen of the South - 41

Dunfermline - 41

St Mirren - 36

Dumbarton - 35

Raith Rovers - 35

Ayr United - 34

Raith to lose out on goal difference, a last minute own goal by John McGinn at Easter Road securing saints safety.

Well as I thought.. not even close with the first round of predictions! Managed to not jinx St Mirren by predicting a victory though :thumsup2. Only got Falkirk beating Raith correct, great win for Dumbarton to leapfrog Raith. QoS are safe now and Dunfermline will be if they win against Raith next weekend.

On 04/02/2017 at 11:37, baillieinleeds said:

The fans want the team to do well, but the team haven't the heart, skill or determination to get out of this situation.

Fair enough.

Was just trying to inject some positivity.

Anything can happen in the last few games.

Fair enough.
Was just trying to inject some positivity.
Anything can happen in the last few games.

I know you are, we want the best for them. It might not seem like it given the mood and black cloud hanging over Starks at the moment.

Just now, baillieinleeds said:

I know you are, we want the best for them. It might not seem like it given the mood and black cloud hanging over Starks at the moment.

The Fife derby looks vital, make or break.

I know, I'm stating the obvious now

:shutup

4 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

Well as I thought.. not even close with the first round of predictions! Managed to not jinx St Mirren by predicting a victory though :thumsup2. Only got Falkirk beating Raith correct, great win for Dumbarton to leapfrog Raith. QoS are safe now and Dunfermline will be if they win against Raith next weekend.

Ayr are at Starks on the last day. Not that it will probably matter by that stage anyway. 

I think Dunfermline will beat Raith this weekend and that will secure their safety. Pars are a decent outfit and won't be involved in the final frantic finale. 6th spot for them.

Dumbarton just keep picking up points and as the top scorers in the league away from home I can't really see that changing. A proper team spirit there. Reckon they will finish 7th.

Raith are for me the side in the most danger. They have the worst away record in the league and 3 of their next 4 are on the road. In those four they face Dunfermline, Morton, Hibs and then St.Mirren. It's perfectly possible they won't get a single point in that run which would leave them on 33 points going into the final day with Ayr.

Ayr were a shambles on Saturday but that came on the back of three games in a week which seems to be something they struggle with. They won't have to do that again and they could definitely look to get something from the forthcoming two home games against QoS and a collapsing Dundee Utd. By the time Hibs go to Somerset the league should be won so that could yet throw up an opportunity. I wouldn't be shocked to see Ayr on 35 points come the last day of the season when they travel to Raith.

St.Mirren are in good form but still bottom of the table and the loss of Lewis Morgan will be a blow. The game in hand we have over the three above us is away to Morton and they will be desperate to beat us again and their home form is fantastic. I think we've more chance of getting points at Tannadice than Falkirk but Raith on the second last game is a must win. All things being equal I'd expect Saints to be on 37 points going into the last game of the season away at Hibs.

So I'm going for a last weekend of the season which starts with St.Mirren on 37, Ayr on 35 and Raith on 33.

St.Mirren will thus be safe from automatic relegation, but an Ayr win at Kirkcaldy and a Saints defeat at Hibs will push the buddies into the play offs. A Raith win would put them into the play offs and relegate Ayr.

Either way, that last day of the season in Kirkcaldy is shaping up to be huge.

I think Dunfermline will beat Raith this weekend and that will secure their safety. Pars are a decent outfit and won't be involved in the final frantic finale. 6th spot for them.
Dumbarton just keep picking up points and as the top scorers in the league away from home I can't really see that changing. A proper team spirit there. Reckon they will finish 7th.
Raith are for me the side in the most danger. They have the worst away record in the league and 3 of their next 4 are on the road. In those four they face Dunfermline, Morton, Hibs and then St.Mirren. It's perfectly possible they won't get a single point in that run which would leave them on 33 points going into the final day with Ayr.
Ayr were a shambles on Saturday but that came on the back of three games in a week which seems to be something they struggle with. They won't have to do that again and they could definitely look to get something from the forthcoming two home games against QoS and a collapsing Dundee Utd. By the time Hibs go to Somerset the league should be won so that could yet throw up an opportunity. I wouldn't be shocked to see Ayr on 35 points come the last day of the season when they travel to Raith.
St.Mirren are in good form but still bottom of the table and the loss of Lewis Morgan will be a blow. The game in hand we have over the three above us is away to Morton and they will be desperate to beat us again and their home form is fantastic. I think we've more chance of getting points at Tannadice than Falkirk but Raith on the second last game is a must win. All things being equal I'd expect Saints to be on 37 points going into the last game of the season away at Hibs.
So I'm going for a last weekend of the season which starts with St.Mirren on 37, Ayr on 35 and Raith on 33.
St.Mirren will thus be safe from automatic relegation, but an Ayr win at Kirkcaldy and a Saints defeat at Hibs will push the buddies into the play offs. A Raith win would put them into the play offs and relegate Ayr.

Well that's cheered me right up. I agree with everything you said about the Rovers. Unfortunately. Last day shoot out beckons, and we don't have the bottle for it.

All aboard the relegation express to the seaside league! Tickets please!

Please be right. As an ayr fan I have absolutely no optimism at the moment. You have cheered me right up.

12 hours ago, Div said:

Raith's game against Morton is at Kirkcaldy. Edited to add, didn't read that correctly I thought you said all those 4 games were away from home. 

Raith's game against Morton is at Kirkcaldy. Edited to add, didn't read that correctly I thought you said all those 4 games were away from home. 

That's why I said 3 of their next 4 are on the road.

Archived