St Mirren v Ayr United Championship 1/4/17

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

I'd like to see it again.

Maybe I was taken in by the way the Ayr players had been going in with so much force.

From where I was, Stelios made an arse of it then when down under very minimal contact. I thought he made a bit of an arse of himself TBH.

McGinn was furious with him afterwards too and had a right go at him.

1 minute ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

From where I was, Stelios made an arse of it then when down under very minimal contact. I thought he made a bit of an arse of himself TBH.

McGinn was furious with him afterwards too and had a right go at him.

I thought he was having a go at him for the stupidity of the move he tried to make rather than him 'diving'.

He should not have turned back the way he did, and the Ayr player DID get the ball, but he followed through with unnecessary force and I thought it was a foul.

Embarrassing performance defending was beyond belief that said Saints were up for it and took full advantage of our failings. St Mirren had 4 shots on target in the first half and had 4 goals. That said we were poor and deserved nothing. Well done Saints from what I've seen since the turn of the year your the second best team in the league.

Anyway, more important things... any news on Morgan?

I went to the Scotland U21s game on Tuesday and he rightly got MoM.

He was superb again today until his injury.

Will be a big blow if he's out for a while.

Fingers crossed it isn't as bad as they first thought.

It was 100% a dive.

No it wasn't. Watched the game on St Mirren TV. Ayr player took the ball then cleaned out Stelios. McGinn and others were having a go at him for what they seen as showboating and it cost us the 2nd goal. Others players had a go at Stelios earlier in the game for it too. Definitely 100% wasn't a dive though.

22 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Anyway, more important things... any news on Morgan?

I went to the Scotland U21s game on Tuesday and he rightly got MoM.

He was superb again today until his injury.

Will be a big blow if he's out for a while.

Fingers crossed it isn't as bad as they first thought.

I really hope not. That being said, he is very likely to leave in the summer regardless of division. Hopefully if we stay up he'll consider hanging around another season with a good full preseason of rehabilitation under his belt. 

I don't understand all these comments about Stellios taking a dive ? Cairney went steaming into the challenge with him and his momentum carried him straight into his face. Whilst Cairney won the ball, it was still a sore one.

He did stay down when perhaps he could maybe have got back on his feet a bit quicker, but ffs cut him a bit of slack the guy has been nothing less than outstanding and today was no exception, he was superb. There was never any danger that we were going to give Ayr a sniff in the game yet some want to give Stellios a hard time.

McCall... more bullshit than Donald Trump. "We're capable of beating any team on our day" ... Have you no shame?

Not sure what the point here is, we quite clearly are....

As is every other team in this league, just depends how often their day is.

McCall better get a reaction from the players for next week. 3 points next weekend will wipe out today's debacle. If we had drawn and then the same next week, still only 2 points so, if we win next week, he and the players might, just, be forgiven.

Well done St Mirren.

Can't remember the last time we had a team that can do what you did today.

Must be such a relief for you guys to be within touching distance now, bet you can almost smell it.

All we can smell is our squad shitting themselves today.

Not that it is any excuse but, I wish our players were full time, playing for their livelihoods.

Had enough of this part time pish. No ambition to stay in this division.

44 minutes ago, essex_saint said:

No it wasn't. Watched the game on St Mirren TV. Ayr player took the ball then cleaned out Stelios. McGinn and others were having a go at him for what they seen as showboating and it cost us the 2nd goal. Others players had a go at Stelios earlier in the game for it too. Definitely 100% wasn't a dive though.

Absolutely this ^^^^^

Watching the game on St Mirren TV it was obvious the lad (Cairney?) was frustrated and made sure he took Stelios out after he won the ball. Like you said Stelios was showboating but he also nutmegged their full back and was generally ripping the lad a new one, so I guess you take the good with the bad.

I think belief is important at this stage in the season and Ayr look short of it. Big win today but another huge game next week against a stuffy Dumbarton side. 

Looked Mission Impossible a few weeks ago but The Great Escape could be on :o

Archived