Queens V Dundee Utd

A talking point of the game. In the first half one of our players was penalised for trapping the ball while on the deck (can't remember who. Marshall?). In the second half when there was a scramble in the Utd box the Utd CB practically sat on the ball and yet a penalty wasn't awarded. Surely a foul is a foul regardless of where it's committed? I don't think I've ever seen our players surround an official like that before and I've never seen Dobbie as furious. If there's one thing worse than poor officiating it's inconsistently poor officiating!

The ref was piss poor.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the first the ball to Jacobs put him under a lot of pressure and he was quickly closed down. I'm sure it was him who played the ball back into no mans land so no offside (will need to see it again)
How close were we in the goal moth scramble in the second half. Did defender play ball when on ground like Higgins in first half when a free kick was awarded against him

The attempted clearance by Jacobs was charged down .

39 minutes ago, queenslad said:

For the first the ball to Jacobs put him under a lot of pressure and he was quickly closed down. I'm sure it was him who played the ball back into no mans land so no offside (will need to see it again)

How close were we in the goal moth scramble in the second half. Did defender play ball when on ground like Higgins in first half when a free kick was awarded against him

26 minutes ago, weeredbook said:

The attempted clearance by Jacobs was charged down .

This. The ball definitely came off a Utd player and went forward to Mikkelson. Unless one of the defenders on the far side was playing him on he was offside.

39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

A talking point of the game. In the first half one of our players was penalised for trapping the ball while on the deck (can't remember who. Marshall?). In the second half when there was a scramble in the Utd box the Utd CB practically sat on the ball and yet a penalty wasn't awarded. Surely a foul is a foul regardless of where it's committed? I don't think I've ever seen our players surround an official like that before and I've never seen Dobbie as furious. If there's one thing worse than poor officiating it's inconsistently poor officiating!

IF it was a foul (& I havent a clue if it was or not from where I was) then it would have been an indirect free kick, not a penalty. Albeit one about 6 yards out in a central position. It was Higgins correctly penalised for that earlier.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

You'd like to think Mikkelson was offside for the second, but I suspect he wasnt. As I said earlier, he looked clearly offside for the first

At the time I thought he was offside for the second but absolutely nobody claimed for it so I presume it wasnt. If he wasnt offside someone must have lost him as he had yards of space.

I never even considered the first might have been offside until now. I didnt have a great angle on it though.

IF it was a foul (& I havent a clue if it was or not from where I was) then it would have been an indirect free kick, not a penalty. Albeit one about 6 yards out in a central position. It was Higgins correctly penalised for that earlier.

Ta. From my angle it looked like he was waiting for the ball to hatch. I think the players' reaction said it all tbh. As I said earlier, I've never seen them swarm a ref so they were obviously adamant it was a foul :lol:

Watched the goals this morning. The final goal is a bit fortunate in the way to comes off Dixon but for the other three we have Durnan at fault for the first, Flood for the second (he gets brushed off the ball far too easily) and Edjenguele for the third. For me Edjenguele is suffering from Fojut disease (I'll leave that unexplained so that only ITK United fans get the reference).

Mikkelsen took both his chances well, the first in particular. Looks like we have now become a team who can have a decent amount of 'nice' passing without actually doing anything with it. We don't really have a difference maker at the moment in terms of carrying the ball. As much as Fraser gets stick at least he can actually attempt to beat a man with the ball at his feet. We don't have anyone else who can do that.

Boy must be tired .

Yeah, all the scoring off the pitch is taking its toll on the lad! [emoji23][emoji23]
Thought Lyndon had a decent game when he came on and was certainly more effective yesterday than he has been in a long time.
If that's him looking disinterest then long may it continue [emoji170]

2 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Apart from Jim's mum, does anyone genuinely think he should be playing ahead of Robinson?

Robinson has disappointed me on the whole during this spell with us, his antics are highly embarrassing and he just really isn't that good. Is Jim any better ? Maybe not but he certainly doesn't do his best to act the goat and I think his loyalty deserves some game time between now and May.

A new number one is first on the list for me next season along with 2 new commanding centre backs. Not easy to find at this level but our defence and goalkeeper have let us down at times this season. 

Apart from Jim's mum, does anyone genuinely think he should be playing ahead of Robinson?

For me it's a case of I don't see us being relegated and equally don't see us getting in the playoffs. So to that end why not give some players like Jim game time. If they no good then fine dump them in the summer and rebuild. If they show promise etc then the manager can still start forming his team for the next campaign.

12 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Robinson has disappointed me on the whole during this spell with us, his antics are highly embarrassing and he just really isn't that good. Is Jim any better ? Maybe not but he certainly doesn't do his best to act the goat and I think his loyalty deserves some game time between now and May.

A new number one is first on the list for me next season along with 2 new commanding centre backs. Not easy to find at this level but our defence and goalkeeper have let us down at times this season. 

Lee doesnt help himself with some of his antics (he has some sort of running spat with Simon Murray since Murray stood on him at Tannadice on the opening day) but I just dont see this suggestion that his actual goalkeeping has let us down much. That wall at Falkirk that let Hippolyte score was a bad error but I dont blame him for much else. I would need to see the second goal yesterday again to see if he should have done better with the original shot but I certainly dont blame him for the first. As well as he played generally that one goes down to Ky Jacobs.

There arent many Championship level keepers I would swap for Lee.

Just now, NM_1919 said:

Out of contract in summer, I'm sure I seen. Surely would welcome a move back to full time football.

Also said he isnt desperate to go back to full time and would welcome re-signing for Dumbarton.

He is a good keeper. If Lee wasnt here he is one I would hope we would look at but given Lee is here I just dont see it as a position needing major attention. I have no issue with our goalkeeper.

Guest Flash
7 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Atkinson is worse than Robinson but that doesn't really prove much.

I sincerely hope we sign a new first choice goalkeeper for next season and bin them both.

Agreed.

Trouble is, some genius gave Robinson a 2 year contract, so he will be here unless he is paid off. Can't see any other full-time club wanting him given he was binned by Rangers, St.Johnstone, Morton, Raith and some Swedish club without playing all that many games for any of them. His only previous full season at this level was the one in which we were relegated.

Imo he is really poor, especially with shots from outside the box. But it isn't just that. Even last week, he dived in feet first for the Raith goal.

However, just have to get used to the fact that he will almost certainly be here next season.

Archived