POLL - Should Junior Clubs be part of the Pyramid Structure?

kefc

POLL - Is it Time Junior Clubs Were Part Of The Pyramid?  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 27/03/2017 at 22:51, BS7 said:

Whitehall and Preston don't share those rivalries.

Oh yes they do!!

Canny speak for Preston but  Bonnyrigg took 2 of our best players a couple seasons back and they've done exceptionally well for them. 

I'm led to believe they're at it again for next season  ;) 

There certainly would be rivalry there if singing from the same hymnsheet. 

Edit : Bonnyrigg might no see us as rivals but sure as fcuk we'd want to be top dogs in Midlothian,in my opinion  it's madness having 2 separate associations in the modern game especially on yer doorstep when yer travelling over 2 hour round trips to places for games  and it's WhiteHILL by the way :P

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, the biggest Bonnyrigg games are in the Scottish junior cup. Take that away and it's just not the same. Add in the local derbies v Penicuik, nitten and the big games v Bo'ness lithgae and Kelty, then the lowland league offers an awful lot less.

Whitehall and Preston don't share those rivalries.

In a pyramid you'd more likely than not be in the same league as at least 3 or 4 of those Junior clubs at any one time. I agree there should be a national "non-league" cup based on the Junior model.

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

So bo'ness and Kelty have thrown a hand grenade into the debate...

Reality sinking in more like it. With EK going up at the helm of those whose plans were rejected by a certain Junior side, some are finally realising they either get with the programme or get left behind - & good luck to them with it.

Yes. And it would be easily done by adding our structure below the currently EoS/SoS leagues.

That way the junior cup can still as normal and there can will be a slow drip instead of a cliff edge.

That doesn't change anything for nearly everyone except those who'd get promoted to the EoS and in a few years that would just mix up as a Super League anyway.

You're not worth arguing with just a bitter wee man.
I've never professed to be an expert but many of the problems with junior football are so obvious you wouldn't have to be.
We do have our own park which we share with Yoker and we have secured investment to redevelop it but you already knew that.

Bitter big man , am 6'1, get it right please , a never said the juniors were perfect , but u were quiete happy to go into junior football for your own clubs pathway back into football again , were u not ? And no u don't have your own park , holm park is yoker athletics ground , it will be both your parks when it gets redeveloped its not your ground at the moment ! And i said wait till u get an infastucture in place before u argue the point about a pyrimad ? Ok .

5 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Yes. And it would be easily done by adding our structure below the currently EoS/SoS leagues.

That way the junior cup can still as normal and there can will be a slow drip instead of a cliff edge.

That doesn't change anything for nearly everyone except those who'd get promoted to the EoS and in a few years that would just mix up as a Super League anyway.

... below EoS/SoS ????? .... Are you insane??

Looks like Kelty and Bo'ness have realised that for them to make any sort of progress as football clubs they need to join the pyramid.

Good luck to them and hope they go through with it.

4 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Looks like Kelty and Bo'ness have realised that for them to make any sort of progress as football clubs they need to join the pyramid.

Good luck to them and hope they go through with it.

Just proves that local papers when reporting will try and spice it up any which way they can, don't hold your breath ma man.

BTW, my opinion on this has been mooted many times, my answer to the original question is yes, but flexibility must be in place to allow those who want to reach for the stars to do just that if that's what floats their boat, but if others would prefer to remain where they are, fine.

Licences should be granted on meeting the requirements, none should be withdrawn if a club decline promotion. The Junior cup should remain as the prime non league national trophy, all non league sides allowed entry. Regional non leagues below SFL. 

Simples! 

I had a longer reply posted but there's just no point arguing with a moron like you.
I imagine you probably type all that with your fists hitting the keys furiously.

Lol , a only told u some home truths ?
That u were happy to join the juniors to get back into football ? Yes
And u don't have your own park at the moment ? Yes
No need for childish name calling and ive no need to bash the keys , i'm very calm , unlike you obviously .[emoji14]

9 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

I'm perfectly calm.
Home truths? No you resorted to the usual 'oh you're a bankie you can't comment patter'. The fact is look back at the several posts where all I've done is make constructive criticism of the way things are done, something which is obvious to anyone with a bit of common sense surely? All I want is for Junior football to thrive, I may not want my own club to be in junior long term but there are a number of clubs I like an awful lot and would like their future to be secure, the vale, ants, yoker (except when we play them) etc etc. Of course i'm happy that we were voted into junior football but just because we are amongst the most recent team into it doesn't mean we aren't allowed to suggest better ways for it to be run. Cos ultimately thats what we all want surely? I mean if you think it can't get any better then fair enough, I personally think things like hiring a business development consultant, proper market research (and rebranding) and social media strategy are sensible long term plans? Whats so outrageous about that?

We do have a park, Holm park, we are absolutely delighted the good folks at Yoker have allowed us to share it and I'm determined that we'll work together to make it the best place to play/watch footy in this level over time.

No one with any sense would not agree that Junior Football needs to improve in many aspects. However, it did give your club a chance to re- establish itself, there are I'm sure many Bankie's fans would agree there is loads that is very good about our grade. I think the trick would be to keep the good and embrace new progressive policies. The grade where your club had many positive years, I'm sure you have many great memories, was the seniors. Bu the harsh reality was that it was there that your club met it's demise. That is the very thing that the statement from Talbot was getting at, the forcing if a club down a route that is clearly not right and could cause irreparable damage and could suffer a similar fate to the Bankies. 

Good luck with the ground, Bankies have brought a lot to our grade and I welcome your club and fans, however your first post in this thread did come over a tad disrespectful of a grade that did, after all, furnish your club with a platform. 

Good , better post ,of course the juniors aren't perfect , i think we should drop the word junior for a starter , makes it sound like boys football , and a better fixture list in advance would be a help to everyone , for sponsors ,bars an programmes etc; There's nothing wrong with suggesting fresh idea's ? My only beef is an speaking about personal experiences when playing the bankies from a lot of there fans is that alot of them seem to think its a god given right for them to return to the seniors , they have to earn it if a pyramid system was put in place , and at the moment its pie in the sky for u with no stadium at present , although i know thats finally being addressed .

if as kilbowie thinks the juniors [agree name needs changed] are so bad  a team of clydebank,s stature should be unbeatable. i think the fact that they have discovered they will not stroll through juniors as they believed when they joined  is sticking in their throat

These are all things ive openly called for several times on here and been derided for it. Im glad we have those goals in common.
I know of absolutely no Bankies fan who thinks its our god given right to be a senior club, we probably mostly all want to return to the senior game but not all. We aren't quick to forget how the SFL shafted us but simply many of us just want to see our club back competing at the highest level we can, which remains the same for returning the super prem. Even as a senior club we got some of our greatest ever players from junior teams and even before leaving senior football many of our fans watched junior games in the weeks off etc, I used to watch the vale, maryhill and the rabs and have a fondness for it. God I know we don't even have the biggest support in junior football, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with ambition, there's also nothing wrong with wanting to see junior footbal thrive but not necessarily want your club to be in it long term.

I have experienced a bit of arrogance from certain bankies fans about junior /senior football and i don't mean this a bring down , but i think alot of fans thought they would simply steamroller through the juniors an end up senior right away , call it blind optimsm or niaevity ? I dont think they realised that there are some decent teams at this level and that it would take so long to get a park ?

No we knew the stadium thing would be a very long slog, anyone party to our internal meetings would know this.
In the same respect we've encountered people who want to give us a hard time for having been a senior club, but ultimately thats not reflective of junior football. But know we all knew coming into junior football wasn't going to be a cakewalk, like I said we all watched junior teams over the years and knew it wouldn't be easy.
We all think our club is the best, we all secretly hold great ambitions for our teams and I don't see whats wrong with wanting your club to be great. I've posted several times on here and other forums about how I feel we've slipped the past couple of years, but our board has worked incredibly hard to rebuild.

Fair enough , points taken onboard

... below EoS/SoS ????? .... Are you insane??

We are joining another league, so yes, below, with promotion to those leagues. In 10 years the Lowland league would be a really good league and the big guns will have been playing off against the highland league for 7 years.

The junior cup could be as it is plus any other non league teams - would also boost the cup.

It's the future in my opinion and only a matter of time.

21 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

We are joining another league, so yes, below, with promotion to those leagues. In 10 years the Lowland league would be a really good league and the big guns will have been playing off against the highland league for 7 years.

The junior cup could be as it is plus any other non league teams - would also boost the cup.

It's the future in my opinion and only a matter of time.

Yup, definitely insane ....

... although I happen to agree with the idea of expanding the "Junior" Cup into a national non-League cup. The beauty of the idea is that there are so many byes in R1 that all the clubs in the EoS, SoS, NCL, LL and HL, plus leading Amateurs COULD be accommodated simply by drawing more ties.

Yup, definitely insane ....

... although I happen to agree with the idea of expanding the "Junior" Cup into a national non-League cup. The beauty of the idea is that there are so many byes in R1 that all the clubs in the EoS, SoS, NCL, LL and HL, plus leading Amateurs COULD be accommodated simply by drawing more ties.

Thinking about an all in Scottish junior cup, I suspect a big issue could be that highland, eos, sos simply don't have 8 free dates in their calendars -

Not a deal breaker in itself but it brings us back to the point - as always - that there's significant movement required to create a pyramid that is actually viable and meaningful and workable

Archived