Scotland V England

mizfit

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are very few situations where wearing a kilt is acceptable, a football game is absolutely not one of them. 

I can generally take or leave international football tbh but the scenes after the second goal were incredible. 

3 minutes ago, KillieCon said:

I'd say it was worth it just for the scenes after the goal went in.

I understand that it was brilliant to be involved in a moment like that, but I can't enjoy the memory of it now, given what happened so soon.

Mind you, I'm a miserable sod.

There are very few situations where wearing a kilt is acceptable, a football game is absolutely not one of them. 

I can generally take or leave international football tbh but the scenes after the second goal were incredible. 

I can't help but cringe at the boys with the kilts and Glengarrys on.

I understand that it was brilliant to be involved in a moment like that, but I can't enjoy the memory of it now, given what happened so soon.
Mind you, I'm a miserable sod.

Come on mate.

Those are the moments we live for. That's what you'll be telling the grand weans about.

Anyone who thinks a one nil defeat would've felt better are deluded.

It's a shite state of affairs - but that adrenalin rush keeps us coming back for more.

Come on mate.

Those are the moments we live for. That's what you'll be telling the grand weans about.

Anyone who thinks a one nil defeat would've felt better are deluded.

It's a shite state of affairs - but that adrenalin rush keeps us coming back for more.

The equaliser and the second goal were worth the ticket money in my opinion. Shite to only come away with a draw and to lose two totally preventable goals but it is what it is.

30 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It was right to play him as Marshall has not been playing first team football however anyone that defends his performance yesterday is off their head. He was fecking awful.

Distribution was pish. I was in G2 7 rows behind where he conceded both goals. Made a c**t  of clearance for first goal then arsed up an easy save. 2nd goal he should have claimed cross then shat it from diving at Kanes feet.

He let his team mates, especially Griffiths, and all the fans down yesterday. Not brave or strong enough.

He had a second to decide, it wasn't a floaty cross it was a pacy one and he said later he thought Kane was going to head it. The ball dipped late so he had no time to dive full length at Kane's feet. Perhaps he could have spread himself a bit better. If you pause that cross about halfway, you can't tell for sure where it's going. He can't claim it when it's twelve feet in the air then he has a split second to cover maybe four yards then jump and catch or punch. He's not made of elastic! I don't see many keepers doing any better, except maybe the spreading part. Most games I attend I sit more or less in line with the six yard box and it makes you appreciate the limits of goalkeeping. Some folk still believe anything in the six yard box is the keepers responsibility which is laughable.

I would blame him for the first though, though he saw it late coming through Armstrong's legs. Should have been more alert and had both arms up ready for the catch or block.

It was right to play him as Marshall has not been playing first team football however anyone that defends his performance yesterday is off their head. He was fecking awful.
Distribution was pish. I was in G2 7 rows behind where he conceded both goals. Made a c**t  of clearance for first goal then arsed up an easy save. 2nd goal he should have claimed cross then shat it from diving at Kanes feet.
He let his team mates, especially Griffiths, and all the fans down yesterday. Not brave or strong enough.

Don't think I have seen anyone defending his performance yesterday. However some of the comments about not ever playing in a Scotland shirt again are a bit out of order given past performances.

However I do think Marshall has not done much wrong for Scotland and it would be fair for him to be in goal in Lithuania.

Still gutted. I haven't celebrated a goal like that since Dougie Imrie scored against Celtic, and I wasn't even at Hampden. It's the most Scottish thing imaginable. Going from sheer delirium to agony within minutes. I also thought Martin Tyler and even Clive covered it brilliantly, despite knowing the majority of their audience would be raging English folk. 

We played alright. Other than a few hairy moments the defence coped as well as could've been expected against a top quality player like Kane. Brown getting that early yellow was stupid and lessened his influence on the game, some of his passing was horrific as well. Anya was horrendous, and hasn't performed for Scotland for some time now. Griffiths worked hard, though was totally isolated most of the game and isn't blessed with enough pace to cause England's centre halves problems. His goals were brilliant though, utterly brilliant. You can speak all you like about Hart's positioning, but to curl those in within minutes of each other is exceptional.  Delighted for Griffiths as well, though annoyed it didn't win it for us. 

England's second came from a mix of not picking the right pass on the breakaway, slack defending and poor goalkeeping from Gordon (again). It was ridiculous Kane was able to get in unnoticed that late on, but that's what he's capable of, finding that space. 

It's a shame it wasn't more, but it's still a point I wasn't sure we'd get, and we still have a slight chance of qualification. Looking forward to losing to Malta.

Still gutted. I haven't celebrated a goal like that since Dougie Imrie scored against Celtic, and I wasn't even at Hampden. It's the most Scottish thing imaginable. Going from sheer delirium to agony within minutes. I also thought Martin Tyler and even Clive covered it brilliantly, despite knowing the majority of their audience would be raging English folk. 

Tyler was going wild for the second free kick but genuinely sounded a bit gutted at the England equaliser I thought.

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

Tyler was going wild for the second free kick but genuinely sounded a bit gutted at the England equaliser I thought.

Aye. Him and Neville recognised it'd sort of runied the narrative that had been created. Griffiths winning it would've been a much better moment.

35 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Don't think I have seen anyone defending his performance yesterday. However some of the comments about not ever playing in a Scotland shirt again are a bit out of order given past performances.

However I do think Marshall has not done much wrong for Scotland and it would be fair for him to be in goal in Lithuania.

Yes he should still make the squad and will probablt play however I do worry every time the ball goes near him.

He's not good enough for top level football.

Just now, akuram said:

Armstrong should have punted the ball up to the corner flag but playing for Celtic doesn't understand seeing a game out. He is totally at fault for the loss of the goal.

Away you go.

Archived