Rangers Vs Partick Thistle

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kerly said:

Rage 

Can,t wait to see the scum stand up and applaud and grin stupidly when we sing about sevco trying to hide their rage

Disney bother us

Eh?

Having been to both games so far this season, there really *shouldn't* be too much to fear from this Rangers* side. iirc we looked very good for the first thirty minutes at Ibrox albeit only creating about three half-chances in that time (Edwards header probably the best of the lot) but were punished by a good run from Niko "how much are they paying me every week?!?!" Crockjar when a bit of space opened up down our left side. Danny Devine, prior to his remarkable improvement, had a brainfart to gift a goal away and despite us hitting the post second half the arse fell out of us. At firhill they were staggeringly shit first half, with Foderingham seeing about 90% of the ball as they fannied about at the back for most of the 45 minutes and neither side created anything of note iirc . Second half we were very good but unfortunately were still in our wee rebellious "lets give away shitey late goals" phase and a couple of good finishes from dodoo, helped by an unlucky slip from Osman and our third choice, third rate keeper helped see us chuck the three points then one point away late on.

Would be concerned if Dodoo starts as we was lively against us when he came on at firhill and looked in similar form against the dons, but itd be frustrating if we don't get at least one win in our remaining games against them.

Actually expect quite a tight game on Saturday. For probably the first time in my 40 years as a fully signed up Jags supporter, I feel that there's not a huge gap man for man between the two sides. Usually the Ibrox side have at least one or two very good players and four or five above average. From what I've seen in person and on TV this current side has maybe a couple of fairly decent players and a lot of distinctly average ones.
Thistle have two very good players in Liam Lyndsay and Adam Barton and a load of decent ones. If the team don't crap themselves as Jags teams are want to do st Ibrox, there's no reason we can't get a result.

20 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Hopefully our Southern Irish representatives Keown, Devine and Barton aren't subjected to sectarian abuse :whistle

Considering they booed a player simply for being called Declan McDaid last time we were at Ibrox, I don't hold out much hope here.

1 hour ago, stillresigned said:

Actually expect quite a tight game on Saturday. For probably the first time in my 40 years as a fully signed up Jags supporter, I feel that there's not a huge gap man for man between the two sides. 

There is a huge gap.

You've made the top 6. 

Well done.

Calm doon.

I've already got the 3 points on the board. Patrick at Ibrox? Absolutely no chance.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Considering they booed a player simply for being called Declan McDaid last time we were at Ibrox, I don't hold out much hope here.

I can only imagine the bile we'll be subjected to on Saturday. They were singing a song about hating Roman Catholics at Kilmarnock last week and there were several renditions of 'The Billy Boys' at Pittodrie which is of course a banned, sectarian song which celebrates an anti-Catholic razor gang. :(

Archived