Clyde v Elgin

DGW finishing was outstanding thought him and gormley looked a real partnership , Flynn was excellent and JP 's passing and control was class Smith had a great game as did McNeil the goalkeeper for a young guy looks a prospect and great to see him applaud fans at the end the centre half from Dundee is a big raw guy that's two big mistakes but he does attack the ball well
That today was value for money both teams going for it and credit Elgin they come and try and play football and always go for the win
Credit the Elgin guys who came down for the game made an atmosphere well done guys [emoji106]

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clyde FC will never pre judge. Try to be PC or take a newspaper column to sell X amount o copies. Might have being guilty. Might not. Time to leave it to the people concerned/Affected. Cause DG is a footballer hes in the light when your neighbour or work mate could be guily of twice more.. Hope the lad gets backs to a higher level with the support of our club. Rest of you f**k off.

Just now, Bully Wee Charlie said:

When was the last time Clyde came back and won after being 2 goals down? Well done the Bully Wee and keep up the good work. 

Think the last win was Montrose away right at the start of one of the Duffy seasons? The game we had Masterton/Gilfillan playing.

We came back from 2-0 down to lead 3-2 against Annan last season before drawing. Also had a game against Berwick in 13/14 where we got a draw having been 2-0 and 3-1 down when McQueen scored in stoppage time.

6 minutes ago, David W said:

Think the last win was Montrose away right at the start of one of the Duffy seasons? The game we had Masterton/Gilfillan playing.

We came back from 2-0 down to lead 3-2 against Annan last season before drawing. Also had a game against Berwick in 13/14 where we got a draw having been 2-0 and 3-1 down when McQueen scored in stoppage time.

Was with mates, one a Clyde fan, at Augsburg v Leverkusen last year when Clyde drew 3-3 with Annan. We were celebrating cause we thought it had finished 3-2 to Clyde only to discover a bit later it ended 3-3. Strangely the Augsburg v Leverkusen game also ended 3-3. Augsburg were 3-0 up with 15 minutes left and most of the Leverkusen fans had left. 

Will always remember the 4-3 win at Stenny a few years ago after being 3-0 down at HT. 

Also had a game against Berwick in 13/14 where we got a draw having been 2-0 and 3-1 down when McQueen scored in stoppage time.

I rarely have celebrated a goal as much as McQueen's in this match.
I'm still not sure as to why this was the case.

Bizarre match when you break it down. We should never been in behind at the break let alone 2 goals to the worse but the defending for both was..erm..questionable. Shame for the boy the Dundee as he looks a real prospect in my opinion. The second goal summed up our season. Any position within the wing and a ball into the box will create a panic not seen since the titanic was headed straight for ice. We went on to hit the post, bar and have numerous other chances somehow not end up in us scoring. Goodwillie could have had a hattrick in the first half alone.

Thankfully there were enough signs that for as bad as we were at the back, Elgin seemed determined to be worse. The first of our goals was poetically Clyde 2016/17 season in every way.

The second I thought the chance was missed but then passed it through Waters legs with ease. The third was a cracking finish too. He could easily have added to his tally also. Possibly could have passed to either Flynn or McNiff when he put over.

For the pen, the ball hit a hand but I never seen clearly who's. Far from deliberate anyway. A decent enough pen but equaled by the save. Gourley is an extremely good, confident young keeper. Assured in all aspects of his game. Very down to earth guy too from the brief meet I had with him after the game.

JP McGovern was a warrior today and we are a better team with him in it. We are probably the only team in Scotland that drops a 20plus goals his season striker and become better for it.

11 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I rarely have celebrated a goal as much as McQueen's in this match.
I'm still not sure as to why this was the case.

Remember it well. Easton's stoppage time penalty winner at Albion in the league cup this season was also one that was joyously celebrated. 

3 hours ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

I noticed one of our idiotic fans on Twitter using the nickname "shagger" for our resident rapist. Has this caught on? I would like to think that at least a few of our fans didn't celebrate his goals but that may be too much to ask

Aye agree bein 2-0 down then Goodwillie scoring 3 goals to win a massive game for us and no one to celebrate :lol:

Clyde FC will never pre judge. Try to be PC or take a newspaper column to sell X amount o copies. Might have being guilty. Might not. Time to leave it to the people concerned/Affected. Cause DG is a footballer hes in the light when your neighbour or work mate could be guily of twice more.. Hope the lad gets backs to a higher level with the support of our club. Rest of you f**k off.

5 minutes ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Dundee at Firhill (1990/91?), Keith Wright double in the first ten minutes cacelled out before HT, possibly. Falkirk in 2004 also followed a similar path, minus Wright. 

Remember East Fife at Shawfield in 1981/2. Masterton with a smashing headed winner. I'm now showing my age ! 

Dundee at Firhill (1990/91?), Keith Wright double in the first ten minutes cacelled out before HT, possibly. Falkirk in 2004 also followed a similar path, minus Wright. 

Remember that one me and my old man were a bit late leaving the star and garter [emoji6] got up to turnstile and the Clyde were 2 down [emoji23]

Clearly you're all having a hard time saying what you saw this afternoon: David Goodwillie 3 - 2 Elgin City.

Happily, you can make things extremely hard for yourself and still win a game when you've a player like that in your team. We really should've looked past last week's result and changed the team for this one.

The new defensive arrangement has some virtue in that it allows McNeil to be a proper sweeper. We're not as soft at the centre as we would be with Smith and another, for instance. But for every unit of solidness we've gained in centre, we've lost two between the flanks and midfield. Johnston, Ferguson, McNiff... Forget it. McLaughlin and Flynn may as well have been watching from the stand. Why Lochhead sits on the bench when we're dying for legs in there, I don't know. I just don't know.

McGovern was a one-man midfield band. Thank god he's back. Though frankly it ought to have been much sooner. In crutches he's a better option than anyone else for that spot. Gormley was excellent too. I'm surprised to read even mild criticism of his performance. I don't think he's had a better game in which he hasn't scored. He and Goodwillie played with an understanding apropos of a much more familiar partnership. That said, it remains an utter - utter - absurdity that Goodwillie and MacDonald cannot be paired up. Lastly, a word on Waddell. Short of writing his mistakes off as bad luck, I'd say the only explanation is that, having never known properly competitive senior football until now, he's used to more time on the ball. If he acculturates himself to the pace of play - and he will - he'll be a superb centre-half. Better than League Two if he wants to be. Very powerful; brilliant in the air; brave to a fault. Not the worst user of the ball either, when he's playing it in the right direction...!

Joyous game for us in the end. Although it took Goodwillie's goals to awaken it, the spirit we showed to see out the win was brilliant. Plaudits for the goalie too, by the way. Commanding performance. Seems like he's a very safe pair of hands.

Certainly didn't see that coming at Half Time, although we were creating chances but outrageous defending again making what looked like impossible to even snatch a point.

Young lad makes the now obligitary mistake to gift the opening goal, but fair play he did not let his head go down and actually ended up pretty decent. JP must have been some player in his day... Three or four defence splitting passes from him were absolute genius along with a generally great attitude, huge difference with him in the team. I've mentioned before that his injury probably cost us the playoff last year. 

Young keeper really looks a real prospect, if we stay up what are chances of year long loan? Goodwillie, well...lesson in finishing, the second was like a game of fives with your mates, just keep the ball till keeper waits till you cross then roll it in, class.

Agree, Berwick game is cup final now and fair play to Cowdenbeath and Edinburgh City too, can't say we are all not giving it a real go.

Certainly didn't see that coming at Half Time, although we were creating chances but outrageous defending again making what looked like impossible to even snatch a point.
Young lad makes the now obligitary mistake to gift the opening goal, but fair play he did not let his head go down and actually ended up pretty decent. JP must have been some player in his day... Three or four defence splitting passes from him were absolute genius along with a generally great attitude, huge difference with him in the team. I've mentioned before that his injury probably cost us the playoff last year. 
Young keeper really looks a real prospect, if we stay up what are chances of year long loan? Goodwillie, well...lesson in finishing, the second was like a game of fives with your mates, just keep the ball till keeper waits till you cross then roll it in, class.
Agree, Berwick game is cup final now and fair play to Cowdenbeath and Edinburgh City too, can't say we are all not giving it a real go.

I think we'd be really happy with Gourlay extending.

4 hours ago, Come on Clyde said:

One week board are a disgrace for signing Goodwillie fans refuse to go to games ..... next week hat trick hero and it's a master stroke oh well fans, fickle and all that. Hopefully John Mason stays away.

She wasn't the daughter of anyone who supports Clyde FC. As long as he scores goals, who cares? 

Archived