Clyde v Elgin

1 hour ago, Only coo in the village said:

She wasn't the daughter of anyone who supports Clyde FC. As long as he scores goals, who cares? 

I don't really pay much attention to the club but is the Cowdenbeath chairman still that disgraced bigot that made his fortune trying to keep serial killers and sectarian and racist murderers out of jail?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Penalty was the correct decision it seems. Didn't see Gormley handle it from where I was but clearly handles the ball above his head as he jumps for the ball. Great save. Looks better than I thought at the time as it is nearer the post than I first thought. 

Watched highlights(Twice)

McGovern's passing in first half,Encouragement and im sure it may have been him who spoke to Gourlay before pen taken was very much needed..

Goodwille, Well utter class and didnt realise at time he set himself up for the 3rd with a header then a dart across box to finish...

If Young CH. Mcneill and Mcniff(Both goals had part to play) get the fuckin heed doon and concentrate for 90mins we might just pick off forfar on sat, We owe them after last few games...

Last two games more like it and keep it up Peaso could be in with a shout as gaffer & JP assistant...

Anyway Get yourselves along on sat every man. Women n child & Sing your hearts out for the Clyde,Foreva n Eva

McGovern's passing was excellent and he played Johnston through, down the right, numerous times. We didn't capitalise on any of the crosses into the box though.

Three excellent strikes from Goodwillie. No idea how he managed to find the net for the second considering how narrow the gap was. Ironically, he probably missed the easiest of his chances when he cut inside the Elgin defender and blazed over.

Gormley played well again. The Dundee keeper is very composed.

The negatives remain the same we are own worst enemy and the amount of times we play ourselves into danger is beyond ridiculous. The first Elgin goal was a joke. The second one you could see coming a mile off when Johnston stood off the Elgin player. Poor show from the defence to let it run all the way through to the back post. McNeil fucked up a header which nearly let Elgin through. I think it was McNeil again, in the second half, who basically setup Elgin inside the box after trying to clear the ball. The highlights also miss Fergie's sliced kick which again set off panic at the back.

4 hours ago, LiviClyde said:

It might have been but who cares? I certainly don't.

ETA Just had another look, onside for me.

The highlights on the Elgin site are always excellent quality. It's a much wider angle than the Clyde site. If he's off it's by a tiny amount; I think he looks on. Certainly not as obvious as Gormley's goal last week.

In many ways, there will be more annoyance at McNiff's role in the second goal than Waddell's at the first. Absolutely dozing.

2 minutes ago, David W said:

The highlights on the Elgin site are always excellent quality. It's a much wider angle than the Clyde site. If he's off it's by a tiny amount; I think he looks on. Certainly not as obvious as Gormley's goal last week.

In many ways, there will be more annoyance at McNiff's role in the second goal than Waddell's at the first. Absolutely dozing.

And McNiff knew it as well given his reaction ! 

Archived