Fife is great

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Pretty sure I've said it on here before but I once spent roughly 3 month a year as a trainee out measuring roofs for pricing for Fife council for the Contractor I was working for. Seen the lot. All the villages and toons. Some absolute pits and some nice wee places.

One thing that nobody can dispute though is just how shite the roads are.

Yup, that's my impression of it as well. 

Some absolute depressing hell-holes and some lovely wee places. NZ is a bit like that - and it's a bit pot luck going from place to place and have nae idea what to expect.

Although maybe the likes of Cardenden would looking stunning if it was sunny?

Nae idea what I was expecting, and again the weather was shite, but was really dissapointed with Kirkcaldy - looked like an even more depressing, bigger, extra Charity /pound shop version of Arbroath ; whilst Dunfermline was actually alright and lead to believe it was a dump.

Don't have expectations is probably the thing I should learn for the future.

9 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

The only jakeballs in Rosyth went to Camdean Primary, like you. The alright folk went to Kings Road, like me.

Kings Road :lol:

A jakey school for jakes. Burnt down because the actual building itself was ashamed of the standard of pupils.

I used to regularly batter all the Kings Road scaffs during the big brawls. Single handedly. Cos you were all wee pussies. And tinks.

Your raging jealousy of the superior educational centre across the road is clear for all to see. I feel that the long promised bursting could be coming over the horizon...

47 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Is Camdean still that horrible blue green colour? I'd hate to be associated with anything that shade of scaff.

I've no idea. I haven't been in it since 1995

34 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Rosyth kids arguing about who's jakier, the lolz. Wouldn't consider either of the above schools mentioned as education facilities...holding pens for future young offenders.

^^Didn't go to school

1 hour ago, NorthernJambo said:

Certainly not in fuckin Rosyth anyway.
At risk of exposing my identity, I stayed in Rosyth for a bit and it was honestly fine, but I was in high school by then and was obviously one of the cool c***s.

What high school?

1 hour ago, NorthernJambo said:

Certainly not in fuckin Rosyth anyway.
At risk of exposing my identity, I stayed in Rosyth for a bit and it was honestly fine, but I was in high school by then and was obviously one of the cool c***s.

Is Fife where you consider to be North of Scotland?

Yup, that's my impression of it as well. 

Some absolute depressing hell-holes and some lovely wee places. NZ is a bit like that - and it's a bit pot luck going from place to place and have nae idea what to expect.

Although maybe the likes of Cardenden would looking stunning if it was sunny?

Nae idea what I was expecting, and again the weather was shite, but was really dissapointed with Kirkcaldy - looked like an even more depressing, bigger, extra Charity /pound shop version of Arbroath ; whilst Dunfermline was actually alright and lead to believe it was a dump.

Don't have expectations is probably the thing I should learn for the future.

I will argue till the day I die that Arbroath is actually an extremely tidy place.

I just wish that people getting off the train here for the football didn't end up getting off at the West Port and wondering along the Millgate, which is extremely tinky. As is the 'High Street' to be honest, that really only serves a purpose to old people and jakeballs who can't afford going to Dundee.

Can see the comparison with Kirkcaldy though. The seaside, the links and amusements etc. Again only been for the football, wondered along a street close to the front to the shopping centre and back, seemed quite rough.

For some reason I seem to think Dunfermline is a very tidy place too, but I've only walked along Halbeath Road and up the high street.

Glenrothes is basically Cumbernauld.

ETA: been too, from the top of my head

Cardenden

Thornton

Lochgelly

Ballingry

Methil

Leven

Pittenweem

Anstruther

Crail

Kennoway

Falkland

Markinch

Leslie

Kinglassie

Kinghorn

Burntisland

Dysart

Wemyss

Balgonie

Windygates

Glenrothes

Lochore

There's a lot more but these places stick out because of their names.

A lot of very very small places that are very nice but also have a wee scheme if you like. Pretty bizarre.

Archived