June 8th General Election

Mudder

47 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

I downloaded the Labour Party Manifesto

For the many, not the few 2017
http://www.labour.org.uk/page/-/Images/manifesto-2017/Labour Manifesto 2017.pdf

Extending Democracy
…Our fundamental belief is that the Second Chamber should be democratically
elected. In the interim period, we will seek to end the hereditary principle and reduce
the size of the current House of Lords as part of a wider package of constitutional
reform to address the growing democratic deficit across Britain.

Scotland
Labour opposes a second Scottish independence referendum. It is unwanted and
unnecessary, and we will campaign tirelessly to ensure Scotland remains part of the
UK. Independence would lead to turbo-charged austerity for Scottish families.

Defence
Labour supports the renewal of the Trident nuclear deterrent. As a nuclear-armed
power, our country has a responsibility to fulfil our obligations under the Nuclear
Non- Proliferation Treaty. Labour will lead multilateral efforts with international
partners and the UN to create a nuclear-free world.

So the labour party believes that the second chamber should be elected but in the interim they will seek to end the hereditary principle and reduce the size of the HoL.
Not abolish it but trim it a wee bit.
Does anybody honestly think that a Labour Party would get rid of their retirement home.

Labour Party opposes a second Scottish independence referendum and also supports the renewal of the Trident nuclear deterrent.
The same as the Tories.
The rest of the manifesto looks like it is only concerned with English issues.
NHS and Education as well as Justice appears to be England only with no mention of Scotland.

I'll repeat what I've said umpteen times - no matter who is in power at Westminster, it will always be what England decides.
Hence independence is the only answer.
No matter what Corbyn and the Labour Party may want in a federal UK, English MPs will always make the ultimate decisions regarding Foreign Policy and our standing in the world.
Not for me.

I agree

I like Corbyn and some of his policies and the smears by right wing Tory press & party just show what a despicable bunch they are and why they deserve to be treated with contempt.

However at this election i will be voting SNP as i do think they have done a lot of good for Scotland and the fact is that before SNP came to prominence in last 10 years & possibility of independence we here in Scotland were treated as a total irrelevance to Westminster and our voices not listened to as well as being dumping ground for various policies such as poll tax.

Nowadays we are treated with much more respect and the days of westminster casually ignoring us are over thanks to SNP's progress, if we see a large drop in their support & surge for Tories it will e back to bad old day's of 80's & 90's i fear.

Make no mistake about it if it was possible a large number of Tory party would reverse devolution as most of them opposed it in first place.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

Reasoned argument. You think this troll can be reasoned with?

No, intentional trolls should be banned imo, the moderators would rather allow an entire sub section (politics) to be ruined rather than deal with them. This isn't facebook or twitter, people shouldn't have to navigate sad act trolls any time they want to discuss something.

1 hour ago, AUFC90 said:

Which government is responsible for mismanagement of tax and spend for the last 40 years ? scotland is the 3rd best performing economic region in the UK. That must mean the entire UK is basket case ? 

The SNP have slowly been found out. They have no economic case at all. They want out the U.K. but are desperate to be in E.U. Scotland would struggle to be accepted into the EU if it applied and if they somehow where they'd be required to reduce their 10% deficit, the highest of any advanced economy to the E.U rule of 3%. What would that mean for public spending? The Scottish Government is responsible not the UK Government. Scotland's deficit is in fact mitigated by the UK Government. 

3 minutes ago, Southside Hibee said:

Imagine the seethe from unionists if Jeremy Corbyn's Labour formed a coalition with the SNP, Plaid Cymru & Sinn Féin.

Gerry Adams as deputy PM purely for a wind-up. :lol::lol:

We all have our mad little fantasies.

Imagine the seethe from unionists if Jeremy Corbyn's Labour formed a coalition with the SNP, Plaid Cymru & Sinn Féin.
Gerry Adams as deputy PM purely for a wind-up. [emoji38][emoji38]

Sinn Fein don't take their seats in Westminster, so wouldn't have any votes to lend any particular coalition, so there is no chance of that happening.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

The biggest problem with the lords issue is what to replace it with.

On quite a few occasions recently the house of lords has been the main opposition to some pretty awful policies. There's also an issue of scrutiny that isn't as easy to handle by just having a second straight elected chamber.

Don't get me wrong, it's a horrible aspect of wm politics (one of many) - but I don't think it's quite as easy as willie is suggesting.

I never said it would be easy but is it outwith the ingenuity of folk to replace it with something better.
What do other countries do?

Also I'm looking to the future (hopefully) and the HoL will be irrelevant in an independent Scotland.
We will have a democratically elected second chamber of our own.

Edit: just imagine the seethe from these Scottish labour c**ts and that Scottish tory wummin when they are evicted from the HoL cos they're no longer relevant.

Haha The SNP are done for. Anyone with half a brain has had enough of that hound Sturgeon's bollocks. Election result day don't won't be as amusing as the referendum result day but should still be a good laugh. 

Taking a note of this comment so I can post the Goodfellas laughing meme when the result comes in.

I downloaded the Scottish Labour Party manifesto

TOGETHER WE’RE STRONGER
http://www.scottishlabour.org.uk/page/-/Manifesto%202017.pdf
A message from Kez
…That is why Labour opposes independence and a second divisive independence
referendum. Independence is not the answer to dealing with Scotland’s flagging
economy or our pressured public services.

A message from Jeremy
…Rather than tackle poverty, the SNP obsesses over another reckless referendum that
threatens people’s futures.
Labour is opposed to independence because it would inflict turbo-charged austerity
on the Scottish people. We will stand firm in our opposition to a second referendum
because we know that together we’re stronger and unity is still our strength.

The SNP has one focus – independence. Labour will campaign tirelessly to ensure
that the desire of the majority of Scots to remain part of the UK is respected.

Defence
Defence is a reserved issue and UK Labour continues to support the renewal of the Trident nuclear deterrent.

Same as the Tories.

2 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

No, intentional trolls should be banned imo, the moderators would rather allow an entire sub section (politics) to be ruined rather than deal with them. This isn't facebook or twitter, people shouldn't have to navigate sad act trolls any time they want to discuss something.

TBH Donny should have been IP banned years ago. 

8 hours ago, Steven Craig said:

Tories all the way in the upcoming election. The SNP are going to suffer in a few weeks. Haha. 

8 hours ago, Steven Craig said:

If brains were taxable you'd get a rebate as well. 

7 hours ago, Steven Craig said:

Why would you go for a fag in the bogs at Somerset?

7 hours ago, Steven Craig said:

Stop being a wee p**f and have one on the terracing enjoying the game like 

4 hours ago, Steven Craig said:

Haha The SNP are done for. Anyone with half a brain has had enough of that hound Sturgeon's bollocks. Election result day don't won't be as amusing as the referendum result day but should still be a good laugh. 

4 hours ago, Steven Craig said:

What was particularly amusing about the referendum was the certainty they had that it was in the bag. Just because the internet was and still is crawling with nationalist fools doesn't mean the whole of Scotland is. Once a minority always a minority in this case. 

3 hours ago, Steven Craig said:

That Andrew Neil destroying Sturgeon interview last year was class. Scotland's deficit the highest in Europe. Completely annihilated. Accurately described as a car crash interview.  

1 hour ago, Steven Craig said:

We all have our mad little fantasies.

banter.jpg.b6f15e1b075a6ca899fd2a2305c838d8.jpg

Willie Rennie saying "devisive" - I fucking hate that word getting chucked about - brothers and sisters fell out he tells us ...

only if they were fucking imbeciles Willie ya fucking moron  !!

Folk got engaged but we weren't divided - I voted differently to my parents .... who fucking cares!!!!

The worst/poorest interviewee we've seen this GE - Nuttall will probably come across as more competent than this fecker when Andrew Neil tears him a new one later.

Willie Rennie saying "devisive" - I fucking hate that word getting chucked about - brothers and sisters fell out he tells us ...
Folk got engaged but we weren't divided - I voted differently to my parents .... who fucking cares!!!!
The worst/poorest interviewee we've seen this GE - Nuttall will probably come across as more competent than this fecker when Andrew Neil tears him a new one later.

Been watching nuttall for 4 mins. Only boaked twice so far!

When talking about bombing foreign countries remember that Alex Salmond claimed at one point before the referendum Scotland would've taken action in Syria while Sturgeon only last week defended the action taken in Libya while Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott opposed both.

FWIW I didn't like Sturgeon's comment about not seeing Corbyn as a credible Prime Minister. I don't think he's any less capable than Theresa May or David Cameron and he's had a good campaign. Atm I'm likely to abstain on my vote as I feel the SNP's campaign has been poor but I have zero intention of endorsing Scottish Labour who deserve nothing.

16 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

A P&Ber getting a name check during Willie's interview. :lol:

18 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

A P&Ber getting a name check during Willie's interview. :lol:

I haven't seen it so I'm going to assume he's managed to drop Bobby Skidmarks into a response. The absolute madman.

Archived