June 8th General Election

Mudder

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Liberal Democrats - 64.3%: Environment, Europe/Brexit, Health/NHS, Immigration, Education, Equalities/Rights, Housing, Jobs/Work, Tax/Benefits. 
Labour - 14.3%: Crime, Foreign Policy/Defence. 
Conservatives - 7.1%:  Retirement. 
Scottish Green Party - 7.1%: Democracy. 
Scottish National Party - 7.1%: Economy. 

Still voting SNP, but a bit surprised by my results. There wasn't much at all between two or three of the parties in some of the categories, mind. If I were voting in England and their leader wasn't Tim Farron, I would probably be edging towards the Lib Dems at the moment (which I wouldn't have initially expected).

SNP and Greens much stronger in the 'Who Gets My Vote' version. SNP on +51, Scottish Greens on +50, Scottish Liberal Democrats on +46, Scottish Labour on +34, Scottish Tories on -17 and UKIP on -23. I'm never entirely sure where the line is between 'Agree' or 'Strongly Agree' and 'Disagree' or 'Strongly Disagree', though. 

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Anytime I do these things I always get the Greens but can never bring myself to vote for them.

At the moment, I know what you mean, but I do hope to be able to vote Green in a proper PR election to the Scottish Parliament after indy.

Until then, however, 100% SNP

13 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

The Guardian visited Aberdeen, Peterhead and Moray - and made a really grim video out of it. Good to hear McSpreader interviewed at 2:12, though. 

Entirely understandable that people would look for an alternative given that backdrop. That roughly mirrors how I felt (and still feel) about labour in Glasgow. I'd much rather it wasn't the Tories benefiting from that clear sense of abandonment, but I'm not sure you can blame them for looking at the alternatives. 

19 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm really fearful for Angus Robertson. Evidently so are the SNP as they're whoring him out on TV.

The seats most affected by the CFP have been sacrificed by the SNP to keep their hard-line remain stance. Looks like there will be a fair number of SNP-tory switchers, mostly those who voted leave.

9 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

That Vote for Policies thing from the previous page now has a Scotland option, although I'm in the middle of doing it now and it seems sort of... broad. I liked this one that a St. Johnstone poster shared the other day, I forget who.

I gave this a go and got;

81% Green

68% SNP

46% Lib

40% SLab

-42% UKIP

-49% Tories

This is pretty consistent with how I voted in the council elections, though in the upcoming election I will once again be voting for Tommy Shepherd in Edinburgh East (partly due to the lack of a Green candidate in my area (McColl isn't running in this one), but also because I think Shepherd has barely put a foot wrong in the last couple of years).

11 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

if you put a smiley face in the box of the party you want to vote for instead of a cross, will the vote be counted? asking for a friend.

Apparently if it is kept in the box and does not identify you - then yes.

There is a story of somebody drawing something considerably ruder in the box for the UKIP candidate and it counted as a vote for the UKIP candidate.

This is me on who gets my vote.

wgmv.jpg.994ade93237012c8ae0e86aa0c928ea3.jpg

But I find lots of the questions ambiguous.
Most of them I neither agree nor disagree.
Being an Independent/SNP voter I don't care whether the UK stays in the EU or leaves.
I don't know enough about fracking to give a yes/no answer so I neither agree nor disagree.
I stopped smoking 5 years ago so I neither agree nor disagree on cannabis

And this one:
The UK should maintain its support to developing countries through foreign aid.
Remember when India asked the UK NOT to send aid to them.
But we still did.

8 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

BBC showing their true colours.

The BBC can't broadcast programmes if they turn into de facto political broadcasts.  It's really not a big issue.  That said, my experience of BBC producers is that they lack any kind of social skills whatsoever.

Was greeted with a Conservative advert on Snapchat last night with Theresa May telling me to vote Tory. I've sent "Team Snapchat" a selfie of me giving them the finger and telling them to never show me a Tory advert ever again.

Archived