June 8th General Election

Mudder

1 minute ago, badgerthewitness said:

In which category did you find the election betting? It's been listed under Specials all week but isn't there now.

Live In-Play > United Kingdom

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found out a lad I went to school with is standing for Labour against Jeremy Hunt in Sussex :lol:

Not a snowball's chance in hell of winning right enough. Seems there was a bit of a stushy as the local Labour wanted to stand behind some pro NHS candidate in a progressive alliance but Labour were having none of it.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39854942?intlink_from_url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies/E14000953&link_location=live-reporting-story

1 hour ago, jupe1407 said:

I'm sure there are a couple of NE England constituencies that pride themselves on getting their results out before anyone elses'. In fact I think one of them was an early indicator that Labour were up shit creek in 2015 iirc. 

Darlington is the first one of the historical swing seats that will come in. Tories are heavily odds on but if that one is even close then it could be a fun night.

Just now, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Darlington is the first one of the historical swing seats that will come in. Tories are heavily odds on but if that one is even close then it could be a fun night.

Excellent, I might stay up for that one. Fingers crossed. 

Sunderland should declare pre-11am, but then you've probably got about a two hour wait until about 1am before you start getting more seats. 2/3ish seems to be when they flood in.

Also, The Times have us covered.

IMG_1496946263.790700.jpg

I've 8 cans of San Miguel, a bottle of wine, and 40 Marlboro Gold. Day off tomorrow.

Expect to see the quality of my posts spiral downward quickly, Kincardine style. Not that they were any good to start with.

I've a bottle of wine, several cans of beer and a selection of spirits to dive in to it it all goes horribly wrong. I'm also already a couple pints down whilst I wait.

No work until Sunday, hopefully I'll recover by then...

Fridge full of beer for me and my wife. Indian ready meals (normally go with takeaway on election night but had one on Monday), large crisps, mini doughnuts, bread for toast and tissues for fallen comrades/Liz Kendal's declaration.

Fridge full of beer for me and my wife. Indian ready meals (normally go with takeaway on election night but had one on Monday), large crisps, mini doughnuts, bread for toast and tissues for fallen comrades/Liz Kendal's declaration.

Are you the #4.5%?

18 minutes ago, Sooky said:

Sunderland should declare pre-11am, but then you've probably got about a two hour wait until about 1am before you start getting more seats. 2/3ish seems to be when they flood in.

Also, The Times have us covered.

IMG_1496946263.790700.jpg

I thought the Conservative drink of choice was the tears of a pauper or swan's blood?

UKIP of course like a Skrewdriver (see what I did there)

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

By 10 o clock the result will all be known. I'll wait for that, then hit the sack.

Aye, we've all been enjoying that hung parliament for the past two years, right enough  ;)

5 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Aye, we've all been enjoying that hung parliament for the past two years, right enough  ;)

We're still, and will remain, in the EU too, don't forget. Farage conceded after all.

ETA: I'd forgotten about Farage that night. He was advocating a second divisive referendum, was he not?

We're still, and will remain, in the EU too, don't forget. Farage conceded after all.
ETA: I'd forgotten about Farage that night. He was advocating a second divisive referendum, was he not?

Did they get that wrong too? f**k. I've made a right arse of that.

Archived