June 8th General Election

Mudder

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says it's too early to make a judgement call because the exit polls could be inaccurate -  then goes on to say the SNP have done terrible on the basis of the exit poll results.

Now he's having an absolute meltdown.

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

That's why I don't expect the 22 losses they were predicting.

Me too. I think the exit poll predictions are going to be as catastrophically wrong in Scotland as the recent normal polls in England. Although as a caveat the Unionists have been pretty active advocating tactical voting.

Just now, mizfit said:

Last time was a freak result, that much is clear tbh.

Sturgeon needs to look at tonight as the bare minimum in the future, and needs to prepare for the next election already.

Absolutely.

I am not a huge fan of Derek McKay either. The SNP really need to the gloves off in the future debates and so on.

Are the Labour party doing actually better than the exit polling? This is mental, just like Trump/Brexit.

Also, the YouGov (much mocked) prediction thing looks to be very close to the results/swing so far.

3 minutes ago, Miguel Simao said:

That projected map of Scotland looks disgusting. I'd be delighted with 40 seats atm.

Not that these can be trusted but a bunch of the constituencies on the right hand side of that graphic have contradictory noises coming out of them.

5 minutes ago, Miguel Simao said:

That projected map of Scotland looks disgusting. I'd be delighted with 40 seats atm.

Visually it looks worse than it actually is due to population density etc.

Me too. I think the exit poll predictions are going to be as catastrophically wrong in Scotland as the recent normal polls in England. Although as a caveat the Unionists have been pretty active advocating tactical voting.

Well so have SNP voters - stopped a lot of people voting Labour because of Corbyn - just needed to point out SLab were duplicitous wankers was enough

Just now, mizfit said:

Last time was a freak result, that much is clear tbh.

Sturgeon needs to look at tonight as the bare minimum in the future, and needs to prepare for the next election already.

Think her mistake was not pushing indyref2 harder given everybody knows that is what she wants to do, so why not be up front about it? The posture that it's not about independence meant the SNP was coasting hoping the momentum from last time would give them 50+, which is usually not a good way to approach a campaign.

Archived