June 8th General Election

Mudder

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Henry McLeish spoke very well about Mhairi Black there and have to agree a very strong candidate who may be one of the most well known SNP faces at Westminster come Saturday.

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

Because the party that they voted for are a shower of craven Britnats to the core and this was the likely narrative for any Labour revival.

Congratulations to the morons who caused that fuckup then.

People voted for Jeremy Corbyn and his manifesto. He has put out a plan for the poorest and most vulnerable in society. You can't fault people for voting for that platform after years of Tory austerity and callousness.

If you believe the SNP, they support the Corbyn position on the most pressing issues I don't see how it is a f**k up.

1 minute ago, Shannon said:

Seems a large number of SNP to Tory votes probably due to leavers and yes voters going to Tories?

Can't see many Yessers going Tory.

More likely a three way movement, hardline Unionists from Labour to Tory, left wing SNP voters tempted by Corbyn's Labour...

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

Hope that the result will cut some of the chaff from the 56 SNP MPs - Black surviving is a good start. No political party on Scotland has a huge supply of political talent and even the SNP are at their natural limit.

This is a good point - Nobody could have really expected the massive SNP surge and 95% of seats in 2015 so naturally people got elected who were revealed as not very good MSPs. For me Black's re-election is great, for me the most important is Alison Thewliss who is excellent, but it will be interesting to see who holds on and who doesn't. 

Archived