June 8th General Election

Mudder

I note Mrs May is hiding down in Cornwall today.

She was already due an easy ride down there but the town shes went to, Helston, is an absolute Tory stronghold with a massive Royal Navy air Base just a couple of miles away.

I lived and worked there for 12 years and voted Conservate twice at the corresponding General Elections.

It's reported that she's still had reporters locked in a room and they've been prevented from filming or asking questions.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She was already due an easy ride down there but the town shes went to, Helston, is an absolute Tory stronghold with a massive Royal Navy air Base just a couple of miles away.
I lived and worked there for 12 years and voted Conservate twice at the corresponding General Elections.
It's reported that she's still had reporters locked in a room and they've been prevented from filming or asking questions.

The guy Crosby thats running the tories campaign has used that tactic before in Canada
After seeing her on (friendly) Marr show i can understand the thinking behind it

We were locked in room and banned from filming @theresa_may - tight media control from the @Conservativeshttp://www.cornwalllive.com/prime-minister-theresa-may-visits-cornwall-ahead-of-general-election/story-30306323-detail/story.html 

Even if she wasn't the head of a party "built on what I can only describe as a solid bed of c***s" how can anyone vote for folk who lock journalists in a room?

If you vote tory you're either an idiot (and I suppose I forgive you) or you are also a c**t. End of.

Have Labour really gained ten points in the polls since last week? I've seen it mentioned a few times on Twitter but can't really see anything to confirm it.

1 minute ago, t1t3h said:

Have Labour really gained ten points in the polls since last week? I've seen it mentioned a few times on Twitter but can't really see anything to confirm it.

Treat any poll showing Labour/ Lib Dem gains in Scotland as suspect.

I'm not getting excited/ nervous about ANY polls this time out.  They're a bit of fun.  Nothing more.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Diane Abbott gets a lot of undeserved stick for reasons we can all guess and Nick Ferrari is a bit of a cock but this interview is shiveringly bad from Labour. This is what happens when people who have never actually done politics take over a political party.  Not dissimilar to the likes of Liam Fox and David Davis taking a lead role in Brexit as well.  

The only thing worse than Dianne Abbot's interview is the attention it's already received by the BBC. 

Treat any poll showing Labour/ Lib Dem gains in Scotland as suspect.
I'm not getting excited/ nervous about ANY polls this time out.  They're a bit of fun.  Nothing more.

Sorry, should've made myself clearer, I meant the UK wide polliing. I don't expect them to gain anything at all in Scotland. I just found it quite interesting if it's true.

They should be gaining just from the simple fact that Corbyn is being visibly seen in public looking quite comfortable while they sneak May round the country hoping she doesn't scare anyone.

In 2015, Cameron repeated the same campaign slogans over and over again whilst avoiding regular interactions with the voting public. May is repeating this strategy because she knows it is not going to have a big impact on the Tory vote. It is annoying to people absorbed enough in politics to take a day-to-day interest in the campaigns, but that is not even remotely close to being most of the electorate. 

Labour should shift their attacks away from May 'hiding' and start focusing more on policy and the state of the country. My gut feeling, which is what I thought might happen when the election was first announced, is that they are falling into the same trap as Miliband in 2015. 

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

In 2015, Cameron repeated the same campaign slogans over and over again whilst avoiding regular interactions with the voting public. May is repeating this strategy because she knows it is not going to have a big impact on the Tory vote. It is annoying to people absorbed enough in politics to take a day-to-day interest in the campaigns, but that is not even remotely close to being most of the electorate. 

Labour should shift their attacks away from May 'hiding' and start focusing more on policy and the state of the country. My gut feeling, which is what I thought might happen when the election was first announced, is that they are falling into the same trap as Miliband in 2015. 

Aye, while May is being utterly cowardly and somehow contriving to still be shambolic while hiding - whereas Cameron just hid and that was that - Labour are once again falling into the trap of debating the debate rather than just having the debate. Yes, by all means point out that May is running away from being debated on policy, but don't focus so much on it that your criticism of her campaign conduct is more prominent than criticism of Conservative policy.

Just now, oaksoft said:

I think she is rightly being given credit for refusing to bow down and engage in these cringeworthy live debates.

IMO the majority of people in the country see straight those this trendy stolenfromAmerica fad.

I'm not sure that means she's having a good campaign to be honest. To have a good campaign, you surely need to do, you know... something. Anything?

I'm not that arsed about the debates to be honest. I'll be giving the Scottish ones a wide berth.

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It beggars belief that the Tories have allowed this clause to remain.

They should simply remove it and treat all families the same.

Either have a two child limit for everyone or have no limit.

Why on earth would you start making exceptions? It makes it look like you havent thought it through or consulted anyone.

Instead they have allowed lefties to control the debate and make it about rape when it is actually about financially supporting families up to a certain financial limit.

f**k off.  There's a good lad.

4 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Tory stronghold? St Ives voted lib dem 1997 to 2015 and the lib dems will be trying their hardest to mobilise the remain vote to get it back.

Archived