June 8th General Election

Mudder

"People go to foodbanks for a lot of complex reasons"

Just a fancy way of saying her government has neglected the most vulnerable in society and is making them a scapegoat now.

Hungry and broke doesn't seem that complex to me.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

At least Ruth has got sensible shoes for delivering leaflets. Was this the street in Banchory where no one answered the door? When did ruth start wearing glasses?

Ignoring the open goal for a non-PC joke where shoes are concerned, how does someone other than a cynical career-driven opportunist go from seeing Brexit as a disaster to easily support a PM that is determined to have a hard Brexit and set the clock back 50 years:

It's absolutely glorious to see the Tories using these election campaigns to attach their toxic party brand to the cause of the Union and that of the Union to the Tory party. Will this strategy marginally increase Tory performance in Scotland by attracting the staunch and fermers to the party again? Absolutely. Will it also absolutely sink the prospects of unionism among the bulk of the Scottish electorate in the aftermath of June's election and five more years of Tory rule? Just as certain. 

We're now entering the endgame and May and Davidson have pitched their party alone as the legitimate defenders of the Union. Like particularly gormless puppets on a string.

29pdkia.jpg

2 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Tess has horrendous posture. It annoys me more than it should. Not fit to be PM for that reason alone.

On the contrary, that hunched posture will be perfect for when she has to bend over for the Brexit negotiations.

It's absolutely glorious to see the Tories using these election campaigns to attach their toxic party brand to the cause of the Union and that of the Union to the Tory party. Will this strategy marginally increase Tory performance in Scotland by attracting the staunch and fermers to the party again? Absolutely. Will it also absolutely sink the prospects of unionism among the bulk of the Scottish electorate in the aftermath of June's election and five more years of Tory rule? Just as certain. 
We're now entering the endgame and May and Davidson have pitched their party alone as the legitimate defenders of the Union. Like particularly gormless puppets on a string.
29pdkia.jpg

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then they lose. We are at stage 3...
Tick tock

6 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Ignoring the open goal for a non-PC joke where shoes are concerned, how does someone other than a cynical career-driven opportunist go from seeing Brexit as a disaster to easily support a PM that is determined to have a hard Brexit and set the clock back 50 years:

I don't thankfully remember the film advert etc but I do remember the campaign which was all about reducing our Balance of payments by only buying British. That failed then and has continued ever since as we moved to a Service economy rather than making things. Mind you I campaigned in 1970 for Labour and was shocked to see England vote Conservative and blamed Harold Wilson for complacency. It was the beginning of the decline of my activism. Theresa certainly has a strange posture which might explain why her hillwalking trip led her to decide that now was not the time to avoid a divisive election adding to uncertainties.

8 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Tess has horrendous posture. It annoys me more than it should. Not fit to be PM for that reason alone.

I wondered what she had been reminding me of?

Then tonight it hit me, The Dementors from Harry Potter. Suck the life right out of you!

10 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

It doesn't look very strong and stable to me.

Diane Abbott gets a lot of undeserved stick for reasons we can all guess and Nick Ferrari is a bit of a cock but this interview is shiveringly bad from Labour. This is what happens when people who have never actually done politics take over a political party.  Not dissimilar to the likes of Liam Fox and David Davis taking a lead role in Brexit as well.  

16 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Diane Abbott gets a lot of undeserved stick for reasons we can all guess and Nick Ferrari is a bit of a cock but this interview is shiveringly bad from Labour. This is what happens when people who have never actually done politics take over a political party.  Not dissimilar to the likes of Liam Fox and David Davis taking a lead role in Brexit as well.  

It's just pure laziness, she hadn't done her homework. She's like Boris, thinking she can just blag her way through her job and get away with it.

Archived