June 8th General Election

Mudder

Tactical voting was an absolute shambles last time around. All the coloured wheels on social media couldn't get the yoons voting anything like tactically.

I wonder how many unionists would put that over voting for their ideological party. I would rather an SNP MP than a Tory and I haven't forgiven the Lib Dems for the coalition.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Elixir said:

warnock.png

He'll absolutely skull-f**k the competition.

Given the swing to the Tories for the corresponding seat (almost) at last year's election, you'd be naive to think it won't be a lot tighter this time round.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeenshire_West_(Scottish_Parliament_constituency)

The Daily Mail is a parody of itself isn't it? It's some liberal comedian scratching his head asking 'how can I make it more obvious that it's a joke? I know, I'll make the PM look as evil as possible and put something about crushing the opposition, then they will get it!'

On another forum, a Tory voter has posted a list of Scottish "marginals" that the Tories can target.
Dundee East Stewart Hosie SNP
Na h-Eileanan an Iar Angus MacNeil SNP
Banff and Buchan Eilidh Whiteford SNP
Perth and North Perthshire Pete Wishart SNP
[JackieChanWTF.jpg]

The only Scottish marginal they are likely to win is Berwickshire - the SNP will take Edinburgh South. Lib Dems will probably hold Orkney & Shetland but it will be tight.

Prediction:

SNP 56
Tories 2
Lib Dems 1
Labour 0

Me when I read Corbyn/Labour supporters on Twitter or Facebook giving it large about every vote for the SNP or the Greens being a 'vote for the Tories'. 

zJj5E.gif

Completely ignorant of the reality in Scotland. Slab have fought Corbyn every step of the way and are too toxic in Scotland. I totally empathise with their position as Corbyn is a good lad with good politics and is the boy but f**k Scottish Labour.

May has nothing to gain from taking part in TV debates, IMO. She is usually somewhere between mediocre and poor at PMQs and in the HoC, so there is no need to risk underwhelming performances in live TV debates when you are so far ahead in the opinion polls only weeks before a GE. Also little to gain from giving opposition parties and leaders more airtime and a bigger platform than is strictly necessary.

We will likely have some Scottish debates between Sturgeon, Dugdale, Davidson and Rennie, I'd imagine. Sturgeon usually performs reasonably well in live debates, but she also would have little to lose from giving them a pass. 

I liked the suggestion that they should have debates but leave an empty seat for the chicken.

Archived