June 8th General Election

Mudder

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Baxter Parp said:

Please write in sentences that make some kind of sense or be blocked for trolling.

Sorry. We have been talking about a Tory landslide as if their victory is inevitable. Why not try to stop that. It's better to try and fail.

24 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

I fucking hate the Tories, FYI.

Why have the SNP not helped Scots on benefits by using their devolved powers to balance out the Tory cuts?

If I set your house on fire, but leave you a fire extinguisher to put it out, can we agree that it's up to you how much damage is caused?

2 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

If I set your house on fire, but leave you a fire extinguisher to put it out, can we agree that it's up to you how much damage is caused?

That would depend on the type of extinguisher you leave me. 

A house fire would be mainly carbon fuel so leaving a CO2 extinguisher may help but it disperses quickly and only covers on side of the fire triangle.

24 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

I will vote SNP when I can see that their party care about people and not just getting their names in the history books.

Somehow I reckon Nicola and Sir Alex will cope without your gormless seal of approval. 

6 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

That would depend on the type of extinguisher you leave me. 

A house fire would be mainly carbon fuel so leaving a CO2 extinguisher may help but it disperses quickly and only covers on side of the fire triangle.

:blink:

It's little wonder May doesn't want a debate ,she's cringeworthy in interviews you can literally see her choking on her lies.

this snap election is appalling, she has a mandate through the referendum! She then was against the house having a say on the details of Brexit ,now she wants the house to vote to give her an election for a bigger mandate?!

ive got a feeling she will end up with a smaller majority after June 8th.

wont debate.

has MPs standing whilst under fraud investigation 

has done more 180s than Phil Taylor

put the Union at risk for no reason.

Looking at the 2015 results, I think there are the potential of 10 seats which could change hands in Scotland:

Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk (Tories 328 votes behind SNP)

Dumfries and Galloway (Tories 6,514 votes behind SNP - but 13,982 Labour votes up for grabs)

Dumfriesshire, Clydesdale and Tweeddale (SNP 798 votes behind Tories)

East Dunbartonshire (Lib Dems 2,167 votes behind SNP - but 11,481 Labour/Tory votes available)

East Lothian (Labour 6,803 votes behind SNP - with 11,511 Tory votes available)

East Renfrewshire (Labour 3,718 votes behind SNP - with 12,465 Tory votes available)

Edinburgh South (SNP 2,637 votes behind Labour)

Edinburgh West (Lib Dems 3,210 votes behind SNP - with 13,157 Tory/Labour votes available)

North East Fife (Lib Dems 4,344 votes behind SNP - with 10,849 Tory/Labour votes available)

Orkney and Shetland (SNP 817 votes behind Lib Dems)

Realistically I reckon East Lothian, East Renfrewshire and North East Fife will be held. Good chance for the SNP to gain the 3 seats they lost last time round, but also a good chance they'll lose Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk, East Dunbartonshire and Edinburgh West.

Reckon I'll be putting a few quid on some of the above changing hands when the candidates are announced!

Surely stonedsailor is just a massive troll? No one could be this thick, unless on purpose, surely?

Nobody can spend as much time as he has in the BRALT and not be affected somehow.
Locking horns with Bennetts and Tedi's regularly can't be healthy.

Natalie McGarry and Michelle Thomson voted against the early election.
Definitely not motivated by self-interest. No siree.

Natalie McGarry has a wean to think of now. Where else can she swindle a five figure sum from?!

59 minutes ago, DBA said:

Looking at the 2015 results, I think there are the potential of 10 seats which could change hands in Scotland:

Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk (Tories 328 votes behind SNP)

Dumfries and Galloway (Tories 6,514 votes behind SNP - but 13,982 Labour votes up for grabs)

Dumfriesshire, Clydesdale and Tweeddale (SNP 798 votes behind Tories)

East Dunbartonshire (Lib Dems 2,167 votes behind SNP - but 11,481 Labour/Tory votes available)

East Lothian (Labour 6,803 votes behind SNP - with 11,511 Tory votes available)

East Renfrewshire (Labour 3,718 votes behind SNP - with 12,465 Tory votes available)

Edinburgh South (SNP 2,637 votes behind Labour)

Edinburgh West (Lib Dems 3,210 votes behind SNP - with 13,157 Tory/Labour votes available)

North East Fife (Lib Dems 4,344 votes behind SNP - with 10,849 Tory/Labour votes available)

Orkney and Shetland (SNP 817 votes behind Lib Dems)

Realistically I reckon East Lothian, East Renfrewshire and North East Fife will be held. Good chance for the SNP to gain the 3 seats they lost last time round, but also a good chance they'll lose Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk, East Dunbartonshire and Edinburgh West.

Reckon I'll be putting a few quid on some of the above changing hands when the candidates are announced!

I feel 50 would be a really good result for the SNP, the MSM will spin it otherwise but 56 from 59 is a ridiculously high bar to try and get over.

Archived