Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

On 13/07/2019 at 18:54, craigiemack said:

Get this team so far to f**k. Every person that backs this team is an absolute embarrassment to lower league football. The sooner they get punted out of existence the better

What an absolute clown you are

On 13/07/2019 at 18:31, FairWeatherFan said:

Just tried googling Caledonian Braves to see if the name change was official. One of the first results that pops up is

https://ourfootballclub.com/members-area/forums/topic/caledonian-braves-fc-est-2019/

image.png.3a530a1ea1b9761601d41f236d3ba44f.png

Is this trying wipe away the history of the Edusport Academy years?

Also brings up the companies house docs for Caledonian Braves Ltd. Which for the time being only has the one Director and one Shareholder on the incorporation docs.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC635380/filing-history

Chris Ewing (ex Lok, no less)  has ran the show from day one I believe.

People can take pot-shots at them and some of it's understandable - "no fans", "silly name", whatever - but the fact is: they joined at the bottom and won promotion upward (so how could they have been kept out of the pyramid), and they have now built themselves a ground and signed Scots which are other sticks people beat them with.

Also at a practical level the crowds aren't actually the worst in the pyramid - and if they grow slightly with the rebrand and relocation they won't actually be far behind the other lowest in LL. Plus even if you consider the new name silly - is it sillier or less silly than "Edusport Academy"?

When it comes to Scottish Cup R1 it'll actually garner them some media attention, IMO.

It will be interesting how we’ll view this in 10 years time.

They’ll either be an established team(tho that might take longer to be accepted nobody questions kelty as an late 70s side, airdrie are tolerated as early 2000s(tho still questioned in parts and have ‘links’ to a dead club) it’ll take a good while for Caledonia braves to be accepted. Not aware of any 90s formed clubs perhaps those that are can give some impression on how accepted they are as historic clubs.

Bobbling along changing business plan very couple of years as we’ve seen.

Or they’ll be dead, we’ll be talking about how they rose from the SoS to LL(or even league 2). Before disappearing into the dust.

What path they go I’ve absolutely no idea

It always amuses me when people bang on about crowd size or history, these aren't the be all and end all....the club started out from nowhere and have worked tirelessly to get to where they are. They now have their own ground and play as part of the footballing pyramid in this country. Fair play to them for their efforts thus far.

Just because a club is newer, hasn't been steeped in years of 'history' or doesn't own a ground doesn't mean they shouldn't be commended for their efforts. They are not alone in the LL, its good to see new clubs emerge and be able to do in 10 years what others haven't in 100.

5 hours ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

LIVISTON ACTUALLY GO BACK TO THE FORTIES WITH THEIR PARENT CLUBS FERRANTI / MEADOWBANK THISTLE. A CLUB WHO MANAGED NEVER MANAGED TO GO BUST UNTIL THEY MOVED TO LIVINGSTON😝

Close,they never went bust as in liquidation but yeah administration twice.

I don't think anyone has to praise or condemn Edusport / Caledonian Braves. They're in the pyramid, fair enough. I'm a big supporter of the pyramid. I think every club should be able to enter and rise up as far as they can, big or small, new or old. The pyramid has been one of the best things to happen in Scottish football for years.

However, just because they're new or because they work tirelessly or some people see what they're doing as innovative, shouldn't really mean they're above criticism or a bit of stick. To a lot of people, the name is horrendously cringey and they represent a kind of 'franchise' model of football clubs which people have a legitimately dim view of.

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Still find it ironic that a French team are called Braves emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Your ignorance is astounding!

We are not a French team!!!

Only ONE French player has featured in the pre-season friendlies, the rest of the team being Scottish.

When the new academy players are bedded in them, if good enough, a few will be promoted to the 1st team

9 minutes ago, wullieboy78 said:

Only ONE French player has featured in the pre-season friendlies, the rest of the team being Scottish.

When the new academy players are bedded in them, if good enough, a few will be promoted to the 1st team

Sounds like something a French team would say.

Also I've just realised they could've called themselves Sacre Blues FC, what a waste

Your ignorance is astounding! We are not a French team!!! Only ONE French player has featured in the pre-season friendlies, the rest of the team being Scottish.

You came from French origins. Obviously Edufrance Braves have made their money off the French after charging them ridiculous fees to board over here and now they can target players who can handle the league.

What's astounding is that its taken this long for people to pipe up about the whole France thing. I think if you search every post I've ever made I've always called them Edufrance.

I'm upset that they are ditching their ties with France.

I was looking forward to the teams running out to Dido's 'White Flag' and the potential of some European delicacies in the pie, sorry, baguette hut.

There was a dozen or more French players that played in the first team last season and there is a section on the website in French.

20 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
4 hours ago, wullieboy78 said:

There was a dozen or more French players that played in the first team last season and there is a section on the website in French.

Sacré bleu!