Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

17 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Doubt we'd have heard of some of these clubs but for one man in the Juniors going all out to save his SJFA honorarium.

Would teams like Broomhill (LL version) or Caley Braves/Cumbernauld Colts want to play in the Wosfl?

Broomhill I wonder about.

Cumbernauld Colts I see hanging around. They'd been running an amateur team before the Lowland League. Never really pushed the boat out for the SPFL. Their model seems more in line with all the other former youth/ams that joined the WoSFL. They've just got Broadwood, which is a different kind of cage :)

Braves went through the SoS and persisted with the multiple rejections by the Lowland. They've never seemed to have the grand ambitions of Broomhill or EK. I see them hanging around as the Edusport side of things means it makes financial sense.

8 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I saw that they're touting themselves to folk to pay £100 to be an owner. Just wondered if it was a stunt or if they had a plan to grow. But looks like a cage and low double digits would imply they aren't particularly serious. Apologies if that's incorrect 

The owner/wefunder seems to be doing really well so far, hopefully be able to make improvements and kick on a wee bit. 

2 hours ago, VodkaTap said:

Do you really hate a team that much that you want them to die ???

There's many a team that i don't reckon is up to much but no way would I ever want a team out of existence !!!

Ok - they have moved around a few stadium's - but they certainly won't have got to play wherever for nowt.

Am sure the money allows those clubs to benefit from the extra income !

The people behind this 'club', basically lied through their teeth to one of Glasgow's most respected youth clubs, with the sole objective of using the name to get into the fledgling Lowland League. Promises of being a pathway and ambassadors for Broomhill Sports Club never materialised.

They at no time in their existence ever played a football match anywhere near Broomhill and never intended to. They engendered a lot of bad feeling and attention for the proper BSC.

If I recall correctly BSC had to take legal advice/action to prize themselves away from this 'club'.

This is also the 'club' who championed B teams entering the pyramid. 

Can't think of any positives this club have brought to football.

They pimp themselves around Scottish Football without consequence whilst good, proper community clubs struggle day in day out to survive and be an active part of their community.

They are a virus in our game who have added nothing.

They still have the nerve to call themselves Broomhill F.C.

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Doubt we'd have heard of some of these clubs but for one man in the Juniors going all out to save his SJFA honorarium.

Would teams like Broomhill (LL version) or Caley Braves/Cumbernauld Colts want to play in the Wosfl?

Remember both Rossvale(Locos) and Gartcairn were in the Juniors when LL was in its infancy. 

Not sure how Edusport came into existence and why.

Cumbie Colts were interested in an adult team back in the noughties, no idea at which level they seen themselves at ammies, juniors or whatever.

A number of the new boys, I know you are probably more knowledgeable about some if them, in Div 4 and 3 were either amateurs or youth teams, some of whom were interested in advancing their setups.

Kilsyth Athletic as well as youths and Bailey's Boys, have a decent ammie side. Think West Park still have ammie team.

The WOS to be fair has been an excellent conduit for youth and ammie clubs to expand. Some of these clubs are either starting or looking into entering the women's game.

Positives, positives, positives.

17 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Remember both Rossvale(Locos) and Gartcairn were in the Juniors when LL was in its infancy. 

Not sure how Edusport came into existence and why.

Cumbie Colts were interested in an adult team back in the noughties, no idea at which level they seen themselves at ammies, juniors or whatever.

A number of the new boys, I know you are probably more knowledgeable about some if them, in Div 4 and 3 were either amateurs or youth teams, some of whom were interested in advancing their setups.

Kilsyth Athletic as well as youths and Bailey's Boys, have a decent ammie side. Think West Park still have ammie team.

The WOS to be fair has been an excellent conduit for youth and ammie clubs to expand. Some of these clubs are either starting or looking into entering the women's game.

Positives, positives, positives.

The pyramid idea dates from over 20 years ago.

The Juniors did gear up for it with the Super Leagues which amalgamated in the West Region's case, the best of the Central and Ayrshire Junior Leagues. The East did the same.

I don't think any Central League club had to go much more than 40 miles for a league game.

How far say from Vale of Leven to Lanark?

That was the extreme.

The Super Leagues went a bit further.

Cumbernauld to Girvan at a push.

One man put the boot in for years and the SFA eventually  went out alone with the LL, probably being pushed by UEFA to open up football.

Recent Women's football dates to around the same time.

You want in Europe then open your clubs to all the community.

5 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Could just be Gretna left then out the original 12 if EK go up.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Gala and Stirling University.

Not bad 3 out of 12 considering there probably wouldn't be any but for our man in the Juniors holding it up for years.

On 28/04/2024 at 13:44, BB_Bino said:

Been twice this season and a rough guess would be 20….maybe 30 max, and most of them seemed to have relationships with the players

That was my guess. Pretty poor for tier 5

On 28/04/2024 at 13:44, BB_Bino said:

Been twice this season and a rough guess would be 20….maybe 30 max, and most of them seemed to have relationships with the players

There was 70 or so when we played them last week, some of their "owners" were there and 20 or so Cowden fans.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

There was 70 or so when we played them last week, some of their "owners" were there and 20 or so Cowden fans.

The location can't help. Personally I see nothing wrong with Braves existence, as far as I know they have not shafted anyone or told porkies. They joined the SOS, 'won' the league fair and square, 😉 and moved up to tier 5, yeah they groundhopped a bit in the beginning but apart from that god awful name have planted roots, albeit in the middle of nowhere.