Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The 255 bus from Buchanan Street looks fine, it's the sprint across the M74 that worries me..🙏

🤣🤣🤣 My sprinting days were half a century ago, so that would be a no.

I know the X74 gets off at Junction 6 for Hamilton so maybe could detour up to the traffic lights at that entrance to the park then birl round to head to Hamilton. Sorted.

I've got it in my head that Airbles is nearest train station; but that's miles away is it no. Haven't been in that area since 2018 and memory ain't what it used to be.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Low double digits probably. If we're just talking about what the Braves bring.

A factor in the drop-off is the B teams lost their novelty. Celtic B went from 259 to 104 to 48. There was also a point coming out of COVID where they weren't charging tickets prices.

2023-24 = 107

image.thumb.png.8f0a43d5c7b81016695eb4dcfea47da2.png

2022-23 = 137

image.png.b03fc10e7d7ebfab82a7360b43368a63.png

2021-22 = 145

image.png.9ee39eb270100eea62cf7be1c8140686.png

I saw that they're touting themselves to folk to pay £100 to be an owner. Just wondered if it was a stunt or if they had a plan to grow. But looks like a cage and low double digits would imply they aren't particularly serious. Apologies if that's incorrect 

1 minute ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I saw that they're touting themselves to folk to pay £100 to be an owner. Just wondered if it was a stunt or if they had a plan to grow. But looks like a cage and low double digits would imply they aren't particularly serious. Apologies if that's incorrect 

Used to be £25.

1 minute ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

I know the X74 gets off at Junction 6 for Hamilton so maybe could detour up to the traffic lights at that entrance to the park then birl round to head to Hamilton. Sorted.

I've got it in my head that Airbles is nearest train station; but that's miles away is it no. Haven't been in that area since 2018 and memory ain't what it used to be.

There's a dodgy section of road with no pavement from Pitmedden village to Formartine's ground, last time the bus driver pulled off the main road and dropped us off in the club car park because she was worried about us.. :wub:

2 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Glasgow Women formerly Glasgow Girls (that's girls not ghirls) play there as well.

Although they received serous money via the UK government to put a plastic pitch and floodlights in at Budhill beside Shettleston Station.

So standby for Caley Braves doing a moonlight at some point.

To add to the groundhopping musical chairs watch for Broomhill and Motherwell Women jumping into Strathclyde Park as soon as the other two leave.

3 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

How many folk would Caley Braves attract to home games ? 

TIA 

Been twice this season and a rough guess would be 20….maybe 30 max, and most of them seemed to have relationships with the players

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I suspect they are serious, but the percent chance of it being successful is also probably also in the low double digits.

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Glasgow Women formerly Glasgow Girls (that's girls not ghirls) play there as well.

Although they received serous money via the UK government to put a plastic pitch and floodlights in at Budhill beside Shettleston Station.

So standby for Caley Braves doing a moonlight at some point.

To add to the groundhopping musical chairs watch for Broomhill and Motherwell Women jumping into Strathclyde Park as soon as the other two leave.

Could FC Broom-Hilda no just jump into the Clyde and do us all a favour.

Here's a scary thought: Broom-Hilda flit to D&G, so if they get relegated they join the SOS. 😫😡

It's about time someone in authority (I know funny right) took Broom-Hilda and any other club that flits home every couple of seasons like rent-dodgers of old, to task and suspended their license or something.

I am not anti ground sharing, but how many grounds have they been at in their 10 years; half a dozen by now.

Please god somebody just kick them out.

Budhill; is that no where Glasgow City girls(remembers to use correct spelling, tick) had their base for the youth teams a while back?

Edited by An Absolute Imposter

3 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

I am not anti ground sharing, but how many grounds have they been at in their 10 years; half a dozen by now.

1. accepted to the Lowland League using Saracen Park but never played there
  2. Lochburn Park, Maryhill
  3. Recreation Park, Alloa
  4. Brooadwood, Cumbernauld
  5. Whatever branding Dumbarton's ground has these days.

18 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Is that all; seems more. Know they were at Indodrill most of their existence. Last few years seem to be jumping around West willy-nilly.

It just seems nuts that a club can exist in this way, when we have Buckie, Beith and probably others trying to come to terms with the licensing criteria. And yes I know Buckie aren't an innocent victim in this saga.

34 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Tried to sniff around Petershill Park and were told to bolt.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The 255 bus from Buchanan Street looks fine, it's the sprint across the M74 that worries me..🙏

There's two bridges to get you across either side of the big roundabout, but seems like it takes half an hour walking from the bus stop in Bothwell or from the train in Bellshill.

3 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Could FC Broom-Hilda no just jump into the Clyde and do us all a favour.

Please god somebody just kick them out.

Do you really hate a team that much that you want them to die ???

There's many a team that i don't reckon is up to much but no way would I ever want a team out of existence !!!

Ok - they have moved around a few stadium's - but they certainly won't have got to play wherever for nowt.

Am sure the money allows those clubs to benefit from the extra income !

1 hour ago, VodkaTap said:

There's many a team that i don't reckon is up to much but no way would I ever want a team out of existence !!!

Ok - they have moved around a few stadium's - but they certainly won't have got to play wherever for nowt.

Thing is, there's two Broomhill's.

5 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

For I'm the type of boy
Who is always on the roam
Wherever I lay my hat
That's my home
I'm telling you, that's my home.......

1 hour ago, VodkaTap said:

I'm fairly sure not many people would shed any tears if they did.  It's literally a pointless existence.

9 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Thing is, there's two Broomhill's.

BSC Glasgow got the benefit of the doubt from plenty of people when they first formed. Similarly, Rossvale Juniors. Then ambitions outstripped the foundations. Which led to the BSC/Broomhill and Caley Locos/Rossvale splits. There are now a couple of clubs further up the pyramid than the originating club and its not clear how they're sustainable beyond a handful of people having a vanity project.

The backers of Broomhill would probably be better thought of if they folded the club and aided BSC Glasgow's efforts. Instead they've gone down the Open Goal and Dumbarton rental route.

To spin this round to Caley Braves. They've at least sorted themselves a home. Although I think the connection between Edusport and the Braves has been cut-off a little. So if Chris Ewing ever walks away it might be another house of cards.

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

BSC Glasgow got the benefit of the doubt from plenty of people when they first formed. Similarly, Rossvale Juniors. Then ambitions outstripped the foundations. Which led to the BSC/Broomhill and Caley Locos/Rossvale splits. There are now a couple of clubs further up the pyramid than the originating club and its not clear how they're sustainable beyond a handful of people having a vanity project.

The backers of Broomhill would probably be better thought of if they folded the club and aided BSC Glasgow's efforts. Instead they've gone down the Open Goal and Dumbarton rental route.

To spin this round to Caley Braves. They've at least sorted themselves a home. Although I think the connection between Edusport and the Braves has been cut-off a little. So if Chris Ewing ever walks away it might be another house of cards.

Doubt we'd have heard of some of these clubs but for one man in the Juniors going all out to save his SJFA honorarium.

Would teams like Broomhill (LL version) or Caley Braves/Cumbernauld Colts want to play in the Wosfl?