Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

Think this will happen in places too but hope to be proven wrong.

Moray better not fucking go. What a shame it would be seeing Angus Robertson lose.

A lot has been posted in past few days on social media about the danger of voting Labour in Scotland - one of my daughters was considering voting Labour but went for SNP today after I told her how Scottish Labour were colluding with the Tories in certain constituencies.

She also shared that with her friends so you'd hope that similar things were happening elsewhere.

9 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Survation poll results

SNP - 39%
Lab - 29%
Con - 26%

Under this model the SNP lose the following seats

IMG_1496910783.687659.jpg

Edinburgh North and Leith is my constituency.  Would be a bit of a shock if Labour won there going by the bookies odds below.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/edinburgh-north-and-leith/winning-party

No apparently.Just getting the old "not enjoying the journey" vibe from SNP folks annoyed by not being attention central.I thought that as well to be fair.

He's you,isn't he?

56 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

If the SNP lose a fair few seats will "the only show in town" be downgraded to the "largest show in town" or the "biggest of the shows in town" ? Asking for a friend..

It'll be the 8th election in a row where the SNP have won so, yeh, "the only show in town".

That depends on whether they are gaining the extra support mainly from the Tories or SNP.

It would more than likely be the SNP let's be honest. If you were a Tory last time then surely you wouldn't go near labour this time considering it's Corbyn and even further away than the last time.

Unless people just think May is a joke.

That depends on whether they are gaining the extra support mainly from the Tories or SNP.

Labour votes going up in Glasgow won't be enough SNP majorities to big. Labour vote uniformly going up across country decreases torys chances in marginals. Thus a close tory v labour % will benefit 'the only show in town' imo

I think the polls that have the SNP dropping 10+ seats are wrong. I always think that as the incumbents they have the edge and not many of the seats are particularly marginal. I'd be amazed if they lost places like Moray. We will see of course, I have a terrible record at predictions.

From a P&B perspective, heavy SNP losses would be pretty funny, lots of heads gone potential. Same if they hold all their seats.

A lot has been posted in past few days on social media about the danger of voting Labour in Scotland - one of my daughters was considering voting Labour but went for SNP today after I told her how Scottish Labour were colluding with the Tories in certain constituencies.

She also shared that with her friends so you'd hope that similar things were happening elsewhere.

My son had it out with a lassie at work today who voted SLAB because someone gave her a Corbyn t shirt. In a world of instant decisions on social media the knowledge of five decades of wasteful laziness by Scottish Labour will be beyond the likes of her.

Corbyn spent his whole life in politics and achieved nothing and after 2 years of lethargic indifference as leader of the Opposition, in the space of a fortnight, is being treated like a Messiah for getting shouty and lying at the same speed that a Tory can.

SNP is the only Scottish party to be trusted.

17 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

This... they will be more or less bang on, 5-10k people random, ie not signed up for polling, actually voted... not likely but actually. Margin of error about 2%

Exit polls can be wrong too.

In 1992, we got told to expect a hung Parliament.  Then we got the Basildon result and the night nosedived.