New clubs in the East of Scotland

9 hours ago, ShrimpLok said:

Agreed but it’s sorting out the East West South boundary lines that might predicate change in the north. 

Annan is further East than all the West Lothian clubs plus half the Fife clubs up to Kelty and Lochgelly.

Forth is further West than all the Stirlingshire clubs and Dunipace are further East than Shotts, Carluke, Lesmahagow etc

So the new West and South areas can’t be based on lines of Latitude and Longitude but will have to be mainly based on Local Authority areas, especially now Dunipace have self sorted to the East. Even using LAs there will remain anomalies like  Kello Rovers so some flexibility may be needed to draw new boundaries.

Once you have defined East, West and South regions by Local Authority with a tweak for Kello it becomes logical to do the same for the HL / LL boundary as well.

Am I not suggesting that you are wrong, but am saying that the boundary issue is not straightforward, and given all the interested parties, including clubs in the SPFL, Lowland, and Highland Leagues, it isn't going to happen soon. If you look at my other posts on this subject, you will see that I am suggesting a full review by the PWG/SFA, over the next year. 

2 minutes ago, Cyril said:

We can safely say that Dunbar and Craigroyston have been accepted in then.?

Late applicants wont be formally accepted until the second EGM on 7th June, which is immediately before the AGM.  I doubt they will be refused.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Late applicants wont be formally accepted until the second EGM on 7th June, which is immediately before the AGM.  I doubt they will be refused.

They don't seem to be included in the new East Junior South League so they must've withdrawn already.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Downfield, St Andrews and Kirriemuir are all in the east premier rather than the north division, so maybe they simply forgot to add them along with the clubs that are already there?

Yes, I've found St Andrews & Kirriemuir on an amended list (from BurnieMan on the Junior Forum, but it doesn't have Downfield on it. If added, the East Super League has 17 clubs, rather than 16, is this correct ? Or perhaps St Andrews are a late EoSL applicant, keeping it at 16 clubs ? 

Edited by Robert James

35 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Yes, I've found St Andrews & Kirriemuir on an amended list (from BurnieMan on the Junior Forum, but it doesn't have Downfield on it. If added, the East Super League has 17 clubs, rather than 16, is this correct ? Or perhaps St Andrews are a late EoSL applicant, keeping it at 16 clubs ? 

Apologies, Downfield have now been confirmed as being the 16th team in the North Division.

On 22/05/2018 at 19:30, cmontheloknow said:

So when the pyramid develops, Highland region will get a flood of Perthshire and Angus teams into it? That'll be popular among the more rural types who think Aberdeen is not Highland enough!

True! However The north and midlands district leagues work fine in rugby so theres no reason football couldnt adopt the same at this level.