New clubs in the East of Scotland

25 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Yes I was.

In delaying their meeting,  are Lochore waiting on the outcome of the other two (announced) club meetings,  at Lochgelly Albert and Newburgh ?

Or are they hoping for information from the LL about the level of interest from clubs in joining the proposed WoSL/pyramid ?

If it is the latter, they may well be unlucky as the LL is committed to NOT releasing the names of any interested clubs.  This is a matter for the clubs themselves, and rightly so.

They're wanting to open up the meeting to "people who have an interest in the football club"

1 hour ago, Baldie2k19 said:

Delayed until the 4th March. I'm Presuming you meant Lochore's meeting.

Somebody said that Lochgelly Albert were having a meeting yesterday.

The assumption was that Lochore Welfare and Newburgh might make a decision at the following meetings.

On 22/02/2020 at 16:21, FairWeatherFan said:

Lochore Welfare have their AGM on the 4th March.

Newburgh are having a committee meeting on the 25th.

I imagine the EoS will have to be a topic of discussion at both meetings.

7 hours ago, stulch said:
7 hours ago, stulch said:
Sounds like the sort of club that would benefit from the EoS then but it's of course their choice and there's possibility lots of other factors...

* possibly

You do realise there's an edit button so you don't need to keep double posting?

23 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Hasn't happened with Linlithgow community club juniors though if they applied to EOS?

Hmm true. Perhaps you could ask the SFA board if they gave them consent to use your name? :)

8 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:

It really doesn't.

Fauldouse, Armadale, Bathgate, Whitburn may be in the wrong league going forward but its not going to be a shit league and its a bit odd to say it would be.

Agreed.

South Super has been most enjoyable so far this season.

21 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

So far Rosyth, Kennoway, Kirkcaldy and Thornton have announced they are applying. There's another club who put in an application some time ago so we're upto 5 potential new clubs next season.

Four EoSL applicants from Fife, as above.

So who are the mystery fifth club referred to by BM ?  My 'wild' guess, is Livingston United, unless BM is referring to Luncarty ???

If it was a West Lothian club, I very much doubt Burnie_man would be sitting on that snippet of info, the tribute acts seem highly unlikely, Syngenta already got knocked back once, Lochgelly, Lochore and Newburgh still seem to be having meetings about it, doubt it's Tayport as they are Tayside orientated, so that narrows it down to Luncarty or Scone as prime suspects.

I was speaking to someone involved with one of the bigger remaining West Lothian clubs. 

He told me the committee were unanimously of the view that the ERJFA was dying and agreed that a move to the EOS would eventually be required. 

However they also fancied their chances of winning the League next year and potentially even a cup run without some of the big west teams so they were content to hang on for a year or two to try and pick up some silverware before moving over to EOS. 

9 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

I was speaking to someone involved with one of the bigger remaining West Lothian clubs. 

He told me the committee were unanimously of the view that the ERJFA was dying and agreed that a move to the EOS would eventually be required. 

However they also fancied their chances of winning the League next year and potentially even a cup run without some of the big west teams so they were content to hang on for a year or two to try and pick up some silverware before moving over to EOS. 

What a hollow victory that would be!

15 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

The Fauldhouse thread has a statement which says "we are currently still in three cup competitions and reached the last 16 in the junior cup" - sounds great until you realise with all the postponements they've only played two cup games, one in the F&L v Syngenta (6-1) and in the League Cup v Stoneyburn (3-2)!

After being well behind the top two of Lochee and Broughty last season, perhaps the WL clubs are clinging onto the chance of winning the league and somehow winning the play-off to get into the Scottish Cup? It was something JC mentioned as an aim after the initial exodus.

Just now, Ginaro said:

The Fauldhouse thread has a statement which says "we are currently still in three cup competitions and reached the last 16 in the junior cup" - sounds great until you realise with all the postponements they've only played two cup games, one in the F&L v Syngenta (6-1) and in the League Cup v Stoneyburn (3-2)!

After being well behind the top two of Lochee and Broughty last season, perhaps the WL clubs are clinging onto the chance of winning the league and somehow winning the play-off to get into the Scottish Cup? It was something JC mentioned as an aim after the initial exodus.

I don't want to see qualifiers removed from the Scottish Cup (rejigged certainly). However, I will find it funny if they get removed and there's no 2021-22 Scottish Cup prize for Juniors to play for next season.

41 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

Honestly... if they realise they'd have to move to the EOS, why wait? What's the point of winning a cup/league with the strong sides gone. The bigger West Lothian clubs could have a decent go at a tier 7 conference anyway. Unless they're happy to join at tier 8 and win that as well obviously...

14 minutes ago, Marten said:

Honestly... if they realise they'd have to move to the EOS, why wait? What's the point of winning a cup/league with the strong sides gone. The bigger West Lothian clubs could have a decent go at a tier 7 conference anyway. Unless they're happy to join at tier 8 and win that as well obviously...

Last winner might get to keep them.

4 minutes ago, Marten said:

They've accepted staying where they are for two years so far, its not that surprising if they want to remain. Right now they're on course to lose Thornton (6th), Kennoway (9th) and maybe Lochore (10th) from the South Super League. So it doesn't make much difference to them as Kennoway and Lochore would be changing leagues anyway on current standings. Change that over for the community teams they probably won't care too much. Helps with a winning season.

Think most of them require floodlights, and will no doubt need other things to meet licencing. That's a big expense. They get another year of local football, challenge for trophies they care about and that don't require explanation. The EoS will still be there in a year.

Club Announcement

Further to the meeting of the East Region Junior Football Association, held on Tuesday 18th February 2020, and following meetings with the Board of Management, and the Playing Staff of Lochgelly Albert, it has been decided that we will be resigning from the ERSJFA at the end of this current season, with the intention to apply to join the East of Scotland Football Association/League for the beginning of next season (2020/21).
Lochgelly Albert has been a member of the Scottish Junior Football Association since 1933, playing our first game against Kirkford Juniors, on 29th July that year, therefore this is not a decision which has been taken lightly.

We, like other Fife clubs, have been a strong advocate of local football, as this has been the lifeblood of the Junior game for many years, we have also remained committed to the ERSJFA during the difficult past two years, a period which has seen many of our local clubs move to the East of Scotland Football League.

With the recent announcements from other Fife clubs that they would be making an application to join the East of Scotland Football League, we felt that the timing was now right for Lochgelly Albert to make the same move.

Hopefully this will mean an opportunity to renew some of our more traditional rivalries, and also meet new clubs, within the SFA Pyramid System.
We want to record our thanks to all the SJFA and ERSJFA Officials, and other Junior clubs for their help and friendship over many years, and express our sincere wish that the Junior game will continue for years to come.

This is a new and exciting time for our Club, and we hope we can count on the continued support of the local community to make this venture a success.

It is also a good time for new committee members to come on board to assist with the general administration of the Club, so hopefully we can get some volunteers to come forward.

Anyone interested should contact the club via our web-site, or speak to an existing committee member.
“By Industry We Prosper”

Newburgh were having a committee meeting tonight. It wasn't specifically about the EoS, in fact most of the mentions seem to be just about encouraging new members to join the committee. No doubt the EoS would of been a topic of discussion though. As it started at 7pm. Lochgelly were meant to have had their meeting on this issue on Sunday and its taken two days to draft their statement. So maybe don't expect anything tonight from Newburgh.

Current standing for next year's First Division Conferences 24+5.

image.png.ad608070607d824fc596453300f1da88.png