New clubs in the East of Scotland

I don't think they ever expected either Maryhill or Ashfield to be licensed.
I could be wrong, but I think BSC had their license when they played at Maryhill as it was a requirement of the league at the time and they played Scottish games there? Meaning the ground must have met the criteria?

I don't think moving from there was anything to do with the license, from memory it was a spat with their hosts.

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

They could have rented at one of Ashfield or Maryhill or Pollock or St Ants or St Rochs or Vale of Clyde or Benburb or Glencairn or Glasgow Perthshire or Petershill or Shettleston or Renfrew or Cambuslang. Then they could have joined the Juniors and played local opposition. Or they could have joined the EoS or SoS, though of course this would mean more travel. There are the better part of 100 senior and junior grounds closer to Broomhill than Alloa.

They play in Alloa because they wanted to play in the LL from the outset, needed a suitable ground, and presumably that was the closest ground with a licence that they could afford. Judging by the red dots obviously lots of people are happy with that. I'm sorry for being a stuck record, but I prefer community to that version of ambition. IMO being the third best supported club in Alloa isn't an admirable aspiration.

Celtic fan in "crowd w**k" shock. C'mon Gordon, surely you are better than that - your seethe over the Wee Rose being stuck in the EOS for years whilst BSC power on is becoming embarrasing.

4 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

I could be wrong, but I think BSC had their license when they played at Maryhill as it was a requirement of the league at the time and they played Scottish games there? Meaning the ground must have met the criteria?

I don't think moving from there was anything to do with the license, from memory it was a spat with their hosts.

This.

Gordon is too bitter to see the truth.

17 minutes ago, drs said:

Celtic fan in "crowd w**k" shock. C'mon Gordon, surely you are better than that - your seethe over the Wee Rose being stuck in the EOS for years whilst BSC power on is becoming embarrasing.

I know you're ripping the pish here ever so slightly, but if I were a betting man I'd have money on BSC and the wee Rose in the same league next season, whether that be by promotion or application.

1 hour ago, gaz5 said:

He's been told that multiple times now. Apparently the two seasons they played out of Glasgow never happened and they went straight from youth football to Alloa.

11 hours ago, GordonS said:

They could have rented at one of Ashfield or Maryhill or Pollock or St Ants or St Rochs or Vale of Clyde or Benburb or Glencairn or Glasgow Perthshire or Petershill or Shettleston or Renfrew or Cambuslang. Then they could have joined the Juniors and played local opposition. Or they could have joined the EoS or SoS, though of course this would mean more travel. There are the better part of 100 senior and junior grounds closer to Broomhill than Alloa.

They play in Alloa because they wanted to play in the LL from the outset, needed a suitable ground, and presumably that was the closest ground with a licence that they could afford. Judging by the red dots obviously lots of people are happy with that. I'm sorry for being a stuck record, but I prefer community to that version of ambition. IMO being the third best supported club in Alloa isn't an admirable aspiration.

Gordon they were licensed when they played at Maryhill they left there due to the amount of postponements I believe 

4 hours ago, gaz5 said:

I've never heard of Lochburn Park being licensed and I can't find any reference to it. If it were then it would make me wonder why Maryhill don't do the other bits of paperwork that would get them into the Scottish Cup every year.

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I've never heard of Lochburn Park being licensed and I can't find any reference to it. If it were then it would make me wonder why Maryhill don't do the other bits of paperwork that would get them into the Scottish Cup every year.

Because junior clubs can't get a licence they would had to have joined eosfl or sosfl

Because a license isn't just based on the ground. As has been mentioned.

If I was a Linlithgow supporter, I too would be annoyed that my club sat on its ass doing nothing when they had the chance, only to find themselves a few years later behind the ambitious teams in the pecking order.

I remember one fan in particular was always keen for them to move.

4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I know you're ripping the pish here ever so slightly, but if I were a betting man I'd have money on BSC and the wee Rose in the same league next season, whether that be by promotion or application.

BSC are nowhere near relegation though and by looks of it lithgy are a wee bit off the pace to get near winning a play off.  BSC are not far away from the top of the LL and ye never know might just win the chance of a play off. I think there's better sides in other conferences so I might take ye up on that bet .....

Edited by newcastle broon

I think that's because you don't appear to know how licensing works. [emoji846]

Parks don't get licensed, clubs do. And it's about far more than just the park. The ground is only 25% of a license for clubs like BSC with a youth system.

BSC got their license for two years while playing at Maryhill, meaning Lochburn did indeed meet the licensing requirements under the ground section (there are 3 other sections). I believe (again from memory, I was in the LL at the time) BSC actually invested a bit in Lochburn to meet the criteria.

Why don't Maryhill get licensed? Maybe they don't meet the other criteria in the other 3 sections of the license criteria, which is arguably more difficult to do for many clubs than meeting the ground requirements.

Dunno what that's got to do with BSC though, that's Maryhills choice.

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

BSC are nowhere near relegation though and by looks of it lithgy are a wee bit off the pace to get near winning a play off.  BSC are not far away from the top of the LL and ye never know might just win the chance of a play off. I think there's better sides in other conferences so I might take ye up on that bet .....

For next season one promotion spot is available, and one spot by application. Linlithgow are well placed for both opportunities, that's my point.  I don't think BSC will be in League Two next season.

25 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

For next season one promotion spot is available, and one spot by application. Linlithgow are well placed for both opportunities, that's my point.  I don't think BSC will be in League Two next season.

Ah right well ww best be on best behaviour then :whistle

You seen BSC lately   ?

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

It's not really their choice, Junior clubs cannot apply for a Licence.

They could of at the time BSC groundshared though. If I'm remembering right.

I don't think the commitment to the pyramid rule kicked in till after. Otherwise why would Kelty and Auchinleck work on applications.

EDIT: 2014/15 Scottish Cup had Banks O'Dee and Linlithgow Rose in as members. Maybe the goalposts on licencing had changed by then and the likes of Maryhill had bought into the scare stories  on what was required and missed out.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

38 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They could of at the time BSC groundshared though. If I'm remembering right.

I don't think the commitment to the pyramid rule kicked in till after. Otherwise why would Kelty and Auchinleck work on applications.

EDIT: 2014/15 Scottish Cup had Banks O'Dee and Linlithgow Rose in as members. Maybe the goalposts on licencing had changed by then and the likes of Maryhill had bought into the scare stories  on what was required and missed out.

The goalposts changed ages ago. Linlithgow were licenced during 2012/13 and Regan tried to stop the Linlithgow application during the assessment process because the club wasn't part of the pyramid. The argument that no such condition existed at the time of application meant that the 2 which were in process were accepted but subsequent applications were dependent on the pyramid condition of entry.