New clubs in the East of Scotland

12 minutes ago, HTG said:

The goalposts changed ages ago. Linlithgow were licenced during 2012/13 and Regan tried to stop the Linlithgow application during the assessment process because the club wasn't part of the pyramid. The argument that no such condition existed at the time of application meant that the 2 which were in process were accepted but subsequent applications were dependent on the pyramid condition of entry. 

Cheers for that. I thought it only got added once the Lowland League was set up and the SFA realized junior clubs weren't signing up.

16 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Cheers for that. I thought it only got added once the Lowland League was set up and the SFA realized junior clubs weren't signing up.

I suspect the 2 elements were linked. 

Because junior clubs can't get a licence they would had to have joined eosfl or sosfl

Because a license isn't just based on the ground. As has been mentioned.

If I was a Linlithgow supporter, I too would be annoyed that my club sat on its ass doing nothing when they had the chance, only to find themselves a few years later behind the ambitious teams in the pecking order.

I remember one fan in particular was always keen for them to move.

Stadiums don't get licenses, clubs get licenses.

I think that's because you don't appear to know how licensing works. [emoji846]

Parks don't get licensed, clubs do. And it's about far more than just the park. The ground is only 25% of a license for clubs like BSC with a youth system.

BSC got their license for two years while playing at Maryhill, meaning Lochburn did indeed meet the licensing requirements under the ground section (there are 3 other sections). I believe (again from memory, I was in the LL at the time) BSC actually invested a bit in Lochburn to meet the criteria.

Why don't Maryhill get licensed? Maybe they don't meet the other criteria in the other 3 sections of the license criteria, which is arguably more difficult to do for many clubs than meeting the ground requirements.

Dunno what that's got to do with BSC though, that's Maryhills choice.

Dear tag team,

If BSC got licensed at Lochburn Park, then in standard shorthand that everyone understands, even those pretending not to, Lochburn Park got licensed. It was inspected, met the Entry Level requirements and was deemed as such. Use whatever lingo you like, it makes no difference.

If any of you have any information on when that happened, I'll shut up. Otherwise, there's no reason to be arguing with me.

The amount of tribalism here is mental.

Because a license isn't just based on the ground. As has been mentioned.

If I was a Linlithgow supporter, I too would be annoyed that my club sat on its ass doing nothing when they had the chance, only to find themselves a few years later behind the ambitious teams in the pecking order.

I remember one fan in particular was always keen for them to move.
I already answered that. I'm glad Rose didn't join the LL at the start, it would have been a stupid decision. It made sense only for those with little to lose. Only the great Junior exodus has made joining the seniors a sensible choice.

Your snark is tiresome. In the real world people don't talk to each other like that.

48 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Dear tag team,

If BSC got licensed at Lochburn Park, then in standard shorthand that everyone understands, even those pretending not to, Lochburn Park got licensed. It was inspected, met the Entry Level requirements and was deemed as such. Use whatever lingo you like, it makes no difference.

If any of you have any information on when that happened, I'll shut up. Otherwise, there's no reason to be arguing with me.

The amount of tribalism here is mental.

The SFA licensing requirements are about much more than just the stadium, which is why people corrected you. The criteria are all listed here - you can see that there are a total of 18 points relating to ground criteria, but also 11 points relating to the club's first team structure, 8 related to their youth team structure and 18 related to a variety of legal and admin issues for the club. In other words, only a third of a club's licensing criteria comes down to the stadium.

The SFA don't typically issue press releases or anything like that when teams get licenses, but BSC Glasgow received automatic qualification for the 1st Round Scottish Cup in 2015/16, which indicates that they had a license by June 2015. They were playing at Lochburn Park until May 2016. Therefore Lochburn Park was clearly considered suitable for meeting the ground criteria outlined by the SFA for obtaining a license.

The only announcement at the time I remember was from Ian king (@kingyatthesun) who was coach at the time confirming they had their licence at Lochburn.

Hillonearth who used to post o here for maryhill would confirm too but always seemed to indicate all was not right behind the scenes with BSC.

Does anyone still have the leaked results of the junior pyramid survey? Did Maryhill believe they me licencing criteria?

Ok so there is no such thing as a licensed ground, just a ground which meets the entry ground criteria for a licence. Let's not play silly buggers with semantics - if a club gets their licence playing at a ground, it means an unlicensed club which meets all of the non-ground requirements could replace them or groundshare and also get their licence.

8 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

Does anyone still have the leaked results of the junior pyramid survey? Did Maryhill believe they me licencing criteria?

No - only Carluke, Cumnock, Petershill and Port Glasgow from the west juniors indicated they met the entry licensing criteria.

Edited by Ginaro

14 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

Hillonearth who used to post o here for maryhill would confirm too but always seemed to indicate all was not right behind the scenes with BSC.

In looking back at posts trying to figure out why BSC never played at Ashfield. I never quite found anything why they never played there after announcing a 3 year agreement on being accepted into the Lowland League. Usual reason floated was the pitch size but you would of thought BSC and then the Lowland League would of been aware of that prior to acceptance.

When it came to the Maryhill groundshare ending there was a bit more substance. Two sides of every story and all that, but little things like BSC underestimating the number of games they might have to play at home due to cups,  a pitch maintenance debacle over the close season, a merger/closer ties between the clubs. The relationship certainly seemed to have soured after the first season.

Last time i look at the basics for a league ground on the SFA site it really was very basic. Things like being enclosed so no public parks, barrier trackside to separate spectators from the players, cover for 100, six shower heads in both dressing rooms etc. No mention of seats or floodlights.

If only someone would build a stadium in Scotstoun, they could play there.
BSC looked into Scotsoun but it was a no go (think the Warriors had reservations). Hughenden (ex home of the Warriors & currently used by Hillhead Jordanhill RFC) in nearby Hyndland is another sensible option. No clue if the club ever explored it though.

BSC looked into Scotsoun but it was a no go (think the Warriors had reservations). Hughenden (ex home of the Warriors & currently used by Hillhead Jordanhill RFC) in nearby Hyndland is another sensible option. No clue if the club ever explored it though.

Hughenden would be a great venue for football with a little investment, closer to Broomhill also.
Do they play rugby on all weather pitches too?

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Hughenden would be a great venue for football with a little investment, closer to Broomhill also.
Do they play rugby on all weather pitches too?

They do but most players don't like it. Glasgow's pitch has seen opposition players pick up burns on a couple of occasions in the last 6 months.

7 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

It's not really their choice, Junior clubs cannot apply for a Licence.

Is this a proper rule? I thought it was about having a commitment to the pyramid. For a club in the North or West there's no league for them to enter is there so if they could show commitment to entering when it's viable would that not be enough?

6 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Is this a proper rule? I thought it was about having a commitment to the pyramid. For a club in the North or West there's no league for them to enter is there so if they could show commitment to entering when it's viable would that not be enough?

Any West Region team would just be told to join the South of Scotland or East of Scotland. For the South of Scotland: East Kilbride were accepted and Edusport originally played in Hamilton, which covers the old Central District. Ayrshire District is covered by Bonnyton Thistle and Girvan with Auchinleck Talbot told to join if they wanted licenced.

11 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Nope

12 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Nope

This hasn't been tested by a North Region Junior club, has it? If they were able to show that they had applied for the Highland League but had been rejected, surely they could argue that constituted a committment to the pyramid.

This hasn't been tested by a North Region Junior club, has it? If they were able to show that they had applied for the Highland League but had been rejected, surely they could argue that constituted a committment to the pyramid.
I dont think any North Region club want to join the HL atm, the only one that meets the criteria is Banks O'Dee who are already licenced in similar circumstances to Linlithgow. HL membership also requires floodlights.

On 21/10/2018 at 21:03, GordonS said:

Linlithgow Rose were right not to move to the LL when it was set up, that really should go without saying. It was obviously an economically less viable set-up for them. Few clubs could draw more than double figures to games. .

Genuine question for Linlithgow Rose :

Since joining the EoSL, has there been any noticeable change, up or down, in

(1) your average attendance compared with 2017/18

(2) the level of sponsorship or grants or other revenue, which you have received

(3) your wage bill ?

Similar questions can be posed to all ex junior clubs, now in the EoSL.