New clubs in the East of Scotland

8 minutes ago, Fife Journeyman said:

Why should Linlithgow be worthy of a place because you have the highest ground spec.?. Every club at non league level who will have a licence by the summer all have entry level licence so all the same but let's promote Linlithgow on the grounds of best ground and decent fan base. I have a feeling this may happen but it shouldn't.
What about the whole structure of the club Ie. Youth teams , Disabled fan policies and all the other stuff that comes with a licence not just ground criteria.
Why haven't Linlithgow, Penicuik or Bonyrigg got teams in the under 20s development league?.Surely if they have aspirations of playing LL and all currently favourites for there conferences this needs to be addressed.

I believe the intention is that Linlithgow will have an U20's development team in place for 2019-20. (Although other than the initial announcement on FB there has been no further information)

As referenced our previous committee went for lights/ground improvements over investing on the pitch.  The latter will hopefully now see the full focus going forwards.

Personally - I would rather enter the LL on playing merit alone rather than by application.  

41 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

If it's a licensing application I'd be really surprised if Linlithgow don't get it as currently (I think) we are the most licensed non league team? Ie the highest ground specs.

Linlithgow are the highest placed currently licensed team. After that you have to drop to mid-table Coldstream, LTHV, Preston and Threave. (Of course in scenario where the EOSL champion is licensed and gets promoted, but it's not Linlithgow, such a vote could also include relegated LL side which is a different 'kettle of fish').

In terms of 'highest ground specs' only 3 non-league clubs have more than an Entry grade for their ground (Nairn, Cumbernauld, Spartans).

If you view it subjectively below LL only Linlithgow, Preston, Hawick and Threave have lights+stands... LTHV have lights+cover.

3 minutes ago, Fife Journeyman said:

Why haven't Linlithgow, Penicuik or Bonyrigg got teams in the under 20s development league?.Surely if they have aspirations of playing LL and all currently favourites for there conferences this needs to be addressed.

In case anyone misunderstands you - for avoidance of doubt there is no requirement to have an U20 team. Indeed only 9 of 15 teams in LL have them (none of the 4 Borders and D&G sides do and neither do East Stirlingshire or Civil Service Strollers). Among currently licensed sides in EOSL / SOSL only LTHV and Preston do. Incidentally I'm sure I saw publicity by Linlithgow earlier this season about starting U20s next season.

I'm saying if it's based on licensing I think we have the strongest hand.

We do have disabled facilities and policies and a full youth policy too with an U20s team I believe being added to the league next year.

My point is I think Linlithgow tick ALL the licensing boxes for entry next year. So that's why I think that they have the strongest case in that area.

The floodlights are to silver standard on top of that and surely that has to be taken into account.

48 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

If albion rovers come down and cover rangers went up then Whitehill be down and I'd think if stayso same Dalbeattie could go for reelection taking it to 16

If there's no licensed champion from Tier 6, you could have a Lowland League next year of the current 15 + Albion Rovers. If that's what you're getting at.

6 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Once the LL announce what they're doing with regards to filling the "Selkirk" vacancy, I'd be astonished if Linlithgow didn't apply, same with the other play-off contenders (if licenced), to cover themselves if they don't win the play-off.

There is also nothing to stop any other Licenced club applying, eg Blackburn, Girvan, Glasgow Uni........

Arsenal...I mean Blackburn!

download.jpeg-2.jpg

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Arsenal...I mean Blackburn!

download.jpeg-2.jpg

The highest placed licence contender will be the club who finished bottom of lowland league. From what I hear moves are afoot from them with a special general meeting so they don’t go down as a result of Selkirk. They’d still go down under normal rules if Albion rovers came down and cove went up.

Just now, falkirktv said:

The highest placed licence contender will be the club who finished bottom of lowland league. From what I hear moves are afoot from them with a special general meeting so they don’t go down as a result of Selkirk. They’d still go down under normal rules if Albion rovers came down and cove went up.

There's no answer to that.

2 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

That would not shine the LL in very good light, protectionism at it's worst.

3 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

You could argue that the Rose have taken the hit on the park already by spending our cash on the ground.

That will probably be taken into account over league position. Bonnyrigg have a very strong squad as a result of investing that Hibs windfall in the team. If we'd done the same instead of floodlights we'd be in a better position on the park.

Be interesting to get a Bonnyrigg fan’s perspective on this. It’s 2 years since they played Hibs and they’ve done a fair bit to the park. Lights were certainly talked about at the time. Haven’t seen them this season but saw them a few times last season and the squad didn’t look much different. Happy to be corrected/slaughtered though :lol:

Be interesting to get a Bonnyrigg fan’s perspective on this. It’s 2 years since they played Hibs and they’ve done a fair bit to the park. Lights were certainly talked about at the time. Haven’t seen them this season but saw them a few times last season and the squad didn’t look much different. Happy to be corrected/slaughtered though [emoji38]
Your correct, the money hasn't been spent on players, 10 of the current 18 man squad were in the squad that faced Hibs. The replacements were as much through necessity as anything else with a couple of players retiring or moving on to play amatuer. The close season saw us sign 2 players, Louis Swanson from LTHV who hasn't really featured and Stevie Thompson who has subsequently moved to Nitten. The players all agreed to a wage drop this season given the unknown quantity of the EoS. There were certainly offers on the table for a number of players over the close season but they all elected to stay at Bonnyrigg.

After the Hibs game the club looked at levelling the pitch but the cost was astronomical although this might be an issue in seasons to come. The club has spent money on the pitch and facilities and had other work done as part of sponsorship deals. I'd presume they've generally put their house in order with a licence in mind.

As far as I know the club are more than capable of funding the installation of floodlights, indeed the suggestion from some quarters is they've already been sourced.

Whilst having money in the bank is a good thing I'd argue Bonnyrigg's success is due to keeping the core of the team together over the past 3 seasons rather than trying to buy it.

I'd rather see Linlithgow Rose go up by virtue of finishing in the top two rather than by having the best bogs or something, as I'm sure every fan would. I think it's the best ground owned by a non-league club south of the HL, but it's got to be said that the main feature in that is probably the stand, which was built a long time ago now. I've often wondered, that stand must have cost a few bob, there's a lot of steelwork in there - how was it funded?

I'd rather see Linlithgow Rose go up by virtue of finishing in the top two rather than by having the best bogs or something, as I'm sure every fan would. I think it's the best ground owned by a non-league club south of the HL, but it's got to be said that the main feature in that is probably the stand, which was built a long time ago now. I've often wondered, that stand must have cost a few bob, there's a lot of steelwork in there - how was it funded?
Stand was mainly self funded. There was some Grant money as well via Sport Scotland. Total cost was in the 100k region

Opened by Henry McLeish the then 1st Minister.

On the same day - The late great Tam Dalyell actually stumbled on the steps next to the home dugout (where the hospitality is) - much to our embarrassment.

He promptly offered to fund a railing to avoid ' another old duffer falling'

3 hours ago, falkirktv said:

What is the relegation situation in the LL, if Albion Rovers are relegated, and East Kilbride go up to the SPFL in their place ?

How would this impact on the promotion situation from Tier 6 ?

53 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Stand was mainly self funded. There was some Grant money as well via Sport Scotland. Total cost was in the 100k region

Opened by Henry McLeish the then 1st Minister.

On the same day - The late great Tam Dalyell actually stumbled on the steps next to the home dugout (where the hospitality is) - much to our embarrassment.

He promptly offered to fund a railing to avoid ' another old duffer falling'

Ta for the info. I moved to Linlithgow in October 2000 and started going to Rose games not too long after, so I must have just missed it.

That's a serious amount of cash for a non-league club, but they got their money's worth, it's a big asset.

Ta for the info. I moved to Linlithgow in October 2000 and started going to Rose games not too long after, so I must have just missed it.
That's a serious amount of cash for a non-league club, but they got their money's worth, it's a big asset.
If you add lights, dressing room upgrades, toilets, terracing, surrounding wall, trees and disabled shelter you are probably looking at £200k plus invested.

29 minutes ago, Robert James said:

What is the relegation situation in the LL, if Albion Rovers are relegated, and East Kilbride go up to the SPFL in their place ?

How would this impact on the promotion situation from Tier 6 ?

If Albion Rovers are relegated to the Lowland League and East Kilbride go up to the SPFL.

Currently you've got:

1. Licensed Tier 6 (EoS/SoS) Champion is promoted,  LL15 is relegated and the Selkirk vacancy to fill by application.
  2. No Licensed Tier 6 Champion means no promotion, LL15 is relegated and there are 2 vacancies to fill by application (Selkirk's and LL15).

6 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I'm saying if it's based on licensing I think we have the strongest hand.

We do have disabled facilities and policies and a full youth policy too with an U20s team I believe being added to the league next year.

My point is I think Linlithgow tick ALL the licensing boxes for entry next year. So that's why I think that they have the strongest case in that area.

The floodlights are to silver standard on top of that and surely that has to be taken into account.

Agreed.

Even if you don't win the EoSL Conference play-offs, IMO you are the clear favourite for promotion to the LL through the application route. (to replace Selkirk).  It will be important to learn how many additional clubs will be awarded an SFA licence on 12th February, and (also) become eligible for promotion.