New clubs in the East of Scotland

Here are adjusted listings of clubs which have expressed an intention or are considering, apparently, applying to join the EoS for 2021/22 season. However, clubs can change their minds and it’s the EoS which will decide who gets in for next season. (I have noted the source of the information in brackets after the clubs names.)

Tayside’s Chairman was open about preferring to stick with the ERJFS North clubs if possible. I have  taken the word of Whitburn Vale and leomessi1984 at face value and included Armadale Thistle, Sauchie CFC and Cupar Hearts. From what I have seen in the media the Bo’ness United Junior CFC club looks determined to join the EoS so they’re included too. Forfar West End are included even though they are north of the infamous Tay Bridge line.

Other possible applicants are listed but possible is the word as no-one knows if any of these will actually apply or would even consider applying for 2021/22.

Clubs Applying/Considering Applying for 2021/22: (13)

Armadale Thistle (Whitburn Vale)

Bathgate Thistle (Club)

Bo'ness Junior CFC (Club - Considering)

Cupar Hearts (leomessi1984)

Forfar West End (Club)

Letham AFC (Club)

Livingston United (Club)

Pumpherston Juniors (Club)

Sauchie CFC (Whitburn Vale)

Syngenta (Club)

Tayport (Club - Considering)

West Calder United Club)

Whitburn Juniors (Club)

Clubs which could possibly apply from the current SJFA East Region South and North Divisions:

South:

Fauldhouse United,  Harthill Royal (Whitburn Vale - to WoS) and Stoneyburn Juniors.

North:

Arbroath Victoria, Blairgowrie, Brechin Victoria, Broughty Athletic, Carnoustie Panmure, Coupar Angus, Downfield Juniors, Dundee East Craigie, Dundee North End, Dundee Violet, Forfar United, Kirriemuir Thistle, Lochee Harp, Lochee United and Scone Thistle.

Note: (Edit)

Kennie Young the WoS Fixtures Secretary has pointed out, on the "Down The Divisions" Podcast that it is the WoS clubs which will have a vote and decide upon which, if any, new clubs will be accepted into the WoS for season 2021/22. For that reason and until they are accepted (I don't doubt that they will be welcomed into the WoS) I am leaving them on the above list.

With regard to Bo'ness United Junior CFC I have read the article which showed their intention to apply to the EoS but I have also seen another article which stated that they will have a further meeting to discuss the matter before actually sending in the application. (I expect that they will apply, albeit rebranded). The "considering" will come out it's just a question of when.

Edited by Dev
up-date in response to new posts on P&B.

50 minutes ago, Dev said:

Here are adjusted listings of clubs which have expressed an intention or are considering, apparently, applying to join the EoS for 2021/22 season. However, clubs can change their minds and it’s the EoS which will decide who gets in for next season. (I have noted the source of the information in brackets after the clubs names.)

Tayside’s Chairman was open about preferring to stick with the ERJFS North clubs if possible. I have  taken the word of Whitburn Vale and leomessi1984 at face value and included Armadale Thistle, Sauchie CFC and Cupar Hearts. From what I have seen in the media the Bo’ness United Junior CFC club looks determined to join the EoS so they’re included too. Forfar West End are included even though they are north of the infamous Tay Bridge line.

Other possible applicants are listed but possible is the word as no-one knows if any of these will actually apply or would even consider applying for 2021/22.

Clubs Applying/Considering Applying for 2021/22: (13)

Armadale Thistle (Whitburn Vale)

Bathgate Thistle (Club)

Bo'ness Junior CFC (Club - Considering)

Cupar Hearts (leomessi1984)

Forfar West End (Club)

Letham AFC (Club)

Livingston United (Club)

Pumpherston Juniors (Club)

Sauchie CFC (Whitburn Vale)

Syngenta (Club)

Tayport (Club - Considering)

West Calder United Club)

Whitburn Juniors (Club)

Clubs which could possibly apply from the current SJFA East Region South and North Divisions:

South:

Fauldhouse United,  Harthill Royal (Whitburn Vale - to WoS) and Stoneyburn Juniors.

North:

Arbroath Victoria, Blairgowrie, Brechin Victoria, Broughty Athletic, Carnoustie Panmure, Coupar Angus, Downfield Juniors, Dundee East Craigie, Dundee North End, Dundee Violet, Forfar United, Kirriemuir Thistle, Lochee Harp, Lochee United and Scone Thistle.

Bo’ness Junior CFC application has been lodged:

https://www.linlithgowgazette.co.uk/sport/football/international/boness-united-chairman-anger-as-rival-senior-club-application-is-lodged-3170082

“They informed us via email on – I think it was Sunday or Monday night – that they are going ahead with an application to join the East of Scotland League which hasn’t gone down very well,” Muirhead told the Journal and Gazette.

Edited by Pyramidic

48 minutes ago, Dev said:

South:

Dev
Harthill confirmed this on their Facebook last week 👍

3 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

https://www.linlithgowgazette.co.uk/sport/football/international/boness-united-chairman-anger-as-rival-senior-club-application-is-lodged-3170082

“They informed us via email on – I think it was Sunday or Monday night – that they are going ahead with an application to join the East of Scotland League which hasn’t gone down very well,” Muirhead told the Journal and Gazette.

Hi. I have done an up-date at the foot of my last post.

Thanks.

On 09/03/2021 at 13:24, Pyramidic said:

It is common sense for an Association or League to ensure that their constitution, rules, standing orders etc are watertight and are endorsed by their membership.

Legally sound, except that by moving from the Juniors, to the senior/pyramid, clubs transferring would need to accept the rules/decisions of the new league/association, or not move at all. 

Also, how many of these clubs could afford to launch a legal challenge ? I suspect, none.

12 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Don't really see why Sauchie CFC are applying - really they should settle with amateur. It will surely be another Bo'ness fiasco and Suachie is a lot smaller than Bo'ness. Just diluting the resources for the main team to tap into. 

The EoSL management committee, has demonstrated in recent years, that it is prepared to reject applications that don't meet its standards. It is prepared to do so again for 2021/22, where necessary, 

If I was a member of Bonus United Community FC, I would drop the title "United" from the club's name, as it may not find favour with the EoSL when they consider an application.. 

They are talking about "rebranding" that I assume means they are changing their name. No longer united.

The EoSL management committee, has demonstrated in recent years, that it is prepared to reject applications that don't meet its standards. It is prepared to do so again for 2021/22, where necessary, 
If I was a member of Bonus United Community FC, I would drop the title "United" from the club's name, as it may not find favour with the EoSL when they consider an application.. 

13 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Using CFC as part of their rebranded name! 😄

I’ve heard all their patter about being a team of “mostly Bo’ness lads” but given their funding, they’re fooling absolutely nobody if anyone thinks they’ll stick by the Bo’ness lads in their quest to progress in the pyramid if accepted.

Sincerely hope the dishonest means in which they’ve gone about their whole existence as a “Bo’ness” side is enough for the EOSFL to also distrust them and knock back their application.

I think they'd already moved away from having mostly Bo'ness players. Are they part of the Bo'ness United community set up?

Using CFC as part of their rebranded name! [emoji1]
I’ve heard all their patter about being a team of “mostly Bo’ness lads” but given their funding, they’re fooling absolutely nobody if anyone thinks they’ll stick by the Bo’ness lads in their quest to progress in the pyramid if accepted.
Sincerely hope the dishonest means in which they’ve gone about their whole existence as a “Bo’ness” side is enough for the EOSFL to also distrust them and knock back their application.

Can't see their application being rejected though.

Using CFC as part of their rebranded name! [emoji1]

17 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Using CFC as part of their rebranded name! 😄

Think the CFC thing is just people on here getting confused with the names used by the Lithgae Rose and Sauchie tribute acts?

The focus now should also probably be on whether they are still able to use Newtown Park as well as lobbying EoS members to block unwelcome second applicants from communities that already have a well-established semi-professional  club.

Musselburgh and Glenrothes applicants of that type have been asked to withdraw or knocked back in recent times by the EoS so hopefully that trend will continue.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think the CFC thing is just people on here getting confused with the names used by the Lithgae Rose and Sauchie tribute acts?

The focus now should also probably be on whether they are still able to use Newtown Park as well as lobbying EoS members to block unwelcome second applicants from communities that already have a well-established semi-professional  club.

Musselburgh and Glenrothes applicants of that type have been asked to withdraw or knocked back in recent times by the EoS so hopefully that trend will continue.

Bo’ness absolutely should be removing any rights of using name/badges etc.   

As for blocking votes,  that seems impossible to implement and gets very messy very quickly.

I am starting to form the opinion that as an organisation the WOSFL is more welcoming to new applicants than the EOSFL. On the other hand maybe I am being influenced by some of the negativity that is now appearing on P&B to hinder the efforts of small clubs desperate to gain a foothold on the lowest rung of the Pyramid ladder.

19 minutes ago, John S said:

I think they'd already moved away from having mostly Bo'ness players. Are they part of the Bo'ness United community set up?

No idea, you’d think so as per whoever posted on here saying they’d applied as Bo’ness Junior CFC.

18 minutes ago, John S said:

Can't see their application being rejected though.

No me neither. 👎

If potential new clubs can come up with facilities which meet the EoS requirements, with adequate security of use, then, if they have a football track record at an appropriate standard (whatever that would be?), then there's no obvious reason why the EoS would reject an application to join.

Maybe e.g. if Grangemouth Stadium is acceptable then Syngenta and a re-branded Bo'ness United Junior CFC could ground share. Making use of a facility which would enhance senior football locally. This would also get them out of a certain LL side's hair!

Edited by Dev

24 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

I am starting to form the opinion that as an organisation the WOSFL is more welcoming to new applicants than the EOSFL. On the other hand maybe I am being influenced by some of the negativity that is now appearing on P&B to hinder the efforts of small clubs desperate to gain a foothold on the lowest rung of the Pyramid ladder.

How on earth do you come to that ridiculous conclusion?

Bo'ness Juniors or whatever they are called will be accepted as long as they tick the boxes.  It's not upto the league to judge whether two teams in Bo'ness is a good idea or not.

7 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

How on earth do you come to that ridiculous conclusion?

Bo'ness Juniors or whatever they are called will be accepted as long as they tick the boxes.  It's not upto the league to judge whether two teams in Bo'ness is a good idea or not.

What measures are the EOSFL taking to assimilate progressive Amateur clubs or Youth set-ups whose facilities are currently not up to scratch but can be developed with a little time? In contrast the WOSFL appear to be on the crux of catering for such clubs - perhaps by establishing revised ground criteria for the lowest tier. We will see what unfolds in the next few weeks.

EOSFL could do the same which would provide a window of opportunity for ambitious Amateur clubs in the Borders, Fife etc.