Glenafton v Talbot Junior Cup Final 2017

Stillseekfedup

2 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:
23 minutes ago, Shanner said:
not a massive gulf between the two sides today but Glenafton had the quality to score THAT winner while Talbot passed up some unbelievable chances. It's probably quite a neat illustration of the two sides respecive seasons.

Well done to Glens on "unifying the belts" and doing us all the favour of killing any debate about the best team in Scotland stone dead. Undisputed and deserving champions of

Not much between the sides although Talbot had the most chances.
That has been the problem for us all season, not putting the ball in the net. If only Hyslop had headed the ball in the right direction.

that was the big moment. Absolutely needs to bury that one.

the lack of composure when McGarrity was sclaffing him kick outs too.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BLASTIEBOY said:

I was sitting in amongst the Glens fans and there was more than a few Rangers tops to be honest. Some sights in that crowd today lol. Good sized crowd too.

Bit of a riddy after that season

just home fae rugby park,wiz it raining or just ma tears,congrats,glens lad ,afton army bear,glens 93 and all other contributors to this thread,its been fun and thought southy made substitutions at right time giving glens more legs when talbot were losing theirs.what a goal to win it and dont grudge glens the cup win.going now to look at how hyslop missed that header for 2 up.only one small gripe,thought butch was man of match.

Gutted. We could and should have won it. Good hard game with three well taken goals (winner the pick of the bunch).

Well done to Glenafton. Were quietly going about their business for the first half of the season until everyone started to take notice of them. The double is a huge achievement. 

Oh, and was that a Talbot goal from open play I saw, RRG?

Can you tell me where they were, and what clubs strips, were you at the game, I was 

The tv cameras were pointed at the crowd for long parts of the game. It was there for all to see.

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Gutted. We could and should have won it. Good hard game with three well taken goals (winner the pick of the bunch).

Well done to Glenafton. Were quietly going about their business for the first half of the season until everyone started to take notice of them. The double is a huge achievement. 

Yes some goods goals today JB, that header to make it 2 nil was some clearance, after that thought the Glen's dominated the rest of game

13 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Not sure his conscience would allow him to watch it given that he's boycotting both the participating sides. Probably spent the afternoon picketing his telly.

Archived