Glenafton v Talbot Junior Cup Final 2017

Stillseekfedup

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stillseekfedup said:

Grow up clown, its called banter. I'm a long term poster on here and If Talbot won id be the first to congratulate them.
Was drinking with talbot boys before the game, got some pics and had a great day.
Mon then? Oh dear, Absolute clown !

19 months, sit back down ya gowk.

11 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

And so be it , I've had these pair on my back the last 6 months on here im hearing , time to give a wee bit back :) 

up to yourself, but it's not showing you in the best light, and I say that as someone who generally doesn't mind you.

Great goal to win it and for the last 25 minutes I thought Glenafton were well on top. Really professional in the closing stages and no hint of panic. After seeing the final disappear in a matter of minutes last time they were there, there was no repeat this time. Really pleased for Glens supporters on that score alone. 

There is an inclination to tell the Talbot lads they'll need to just suck it up after so much success in recent times but losing a final is always tough and even Talbot can never be sure when they'll get the chance to go back and do it again. Commiserations lads - another terrific effort. 

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

19 months, sit back down ya gowk.

19 months posting on a forum is a long time in my books. Now you could be a fecking hermet who don't get out much and have over 22k posts on a forum.

Well done Glens on the double, you don't win that unless you have a good side. Thought Talbot were the best side for long parts but once the second went in Glens saw it out well and were in no danger. Still can't believe Hyslop missed that chance at 1-0, Glens were definitely rocky at that period and would have done well to come back from 2-0. Hey ho, the didn't need to. 

52 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Thought the ref had a good game today , he's one of them guys who refs the game with common sense and he will step up to senior easily .

he dealt with a few wee dives from certain players very well. I never once thought he'd been conned by someone. 

A very decent Cup Final, and many congratulations to Glenafton on a terrific double. Weather was great, atmosphere was brilliant. What a winner aswell. Well played Talbot also, you've only got the 11 Scottish Cup wins to look back on ha, but I'm sure many more in the years to come. I was very surprised to learn that was only Glenafton's 2nd Scottish Cup win, thought they had a good few more than that.

Just now, It's a stramash said:

A very decent Cup Final, and many congratulations to Glenafton on a terrific double. Weather was great, atmosphere was brilliant. What a winner aswell. Well played Talbot also, you've only got the 11 Scottish Cup wins to look back on ha, but I'm sure many more in the years to come. I was very surprised to learn that was only Glenafton's 2nd Scottish Cup win, thought they had a good few more than that.

had a couple of final defeats under Roughie's tutelage in the early 90's. 

3 hours ago, kenny131 said:

Crowd looks about the same as last year maybe about an extra 800 or so Glen's fans than pollok brought so I'd say about the 6k mark

I was there last year and today. Crowd was much more today. After a struggle I've just found out the East (Talbot) holds 4900 and the only real spaces were towards the tapered bit. 4000 at least IMO. I was in the main (Glens) which holds 4400 and it was hard to get a seat anywhere especially two together. So I would say 8000 whatever TJ announces officially.

Good final but think it's time for a game of such importance to be played on grass. Omo

If you can find a ground with a grass pitch and enough capacity a fortnight after the end of the SPFL season, then crack on.

Archived