Tony's Thread.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Inspired entirely by the stonecutters song yin. Been laughing at that for days.

Both of them working beautifully with the original material, but making the reader do some work fitting the words to the tune.

"It was that or skin my chauffeurs" => "Just concoc. Ted ac-ri-mony"

This would only be possible with The Simpsons, where everyone knows the originals so well and those originals are so funny.

Magee joining in the mocking of 8Mile is like the Old Firm [sic] in miniature. He fires in on 8Mile, in the same way that the Celtic fans on the BRALT think they're joining in with the pack, but everyone else knows they would be very much next in line for a roasting if Rangers weren't so relentlessly funny. It's a very strange way of thinking.

22 minutes ago, sugna said:

Magee joining in the mocking of 8Mile is like the Old Firm [sic] in miniature. He fires in on 8Mile, in the same way that the Celtic fans on the BRALT think they're joining in with the pack, but everyone else knows they would be very much next in line for a roasting if Rangers weren't so relentlessly funny. It's a very strange way of thinking.

I was wondering when the Scottish social equilibrium would be restated, thanks for that.

4 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

I was wondering when the Scottish social equilibrium would be restated, thanks for that.

The point was that Magee and 8Mile are like the OF in a microcosm; the restatement of the OF behaviour was for reference and in fact was about specific Celtic fans' behaviour in a specific thread.

You could extrapolate from the specific to the less specific to the nearly general, but I didn't as I thought that would be missing the point.

Ok thanks, Throbber. That makes complete sense now :huh:.

None of this really makes sense to anyone it is an absolutely bizarre situation. Possibly the craziest thing to ever happen on this forum.

Archived