Scottish Championship Player of the Year Nominations

Tam O'Ware should be on that list.  Outstanding for Morton this season, although Forbes has also been involved in most positive things that have happened - our 5-0 win at Palmerston had Forbes's signature on every goal.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/28/2017 at 12:55, ilostmyself said:

You can't really blame Dobbie for that though, he's still been one of the best players in the league over the season. I'd go for Cummings and probably O'Ware can feel hard done by.

No Falkirk players on the list is spot on, a squad of interchangeable players with Sibbald being a bit ahead of the rest.

You cant blame anyone for that as its all bollocks :lol:

On 4/28/2017 at 17:30, virginton said:

Well no, it is relevant. Had you actually read the thread for comprehension before bursting into tears, you'd have noted the claim that I responding to was that Dobbie deserved it because he "has carried that team" - i. e. that the performance of Queen of the South is relevant to his merit. Which it is of course.

I pointed out the fact however that the only reason why Queen of the South side needed carried this season is because they spunked their budget in order to sign him. So the club expected to rely on Dobbie for their goals and, given their utterly mediocre campaign, it has been a gamble that has failed for all parties involved  So really not credible POTY material then. 

Thanks for playing anyway.

58c07fa5ad6dc_ainsleycake.jpg.48658fc00c72ea51bead79450b2642bb.jpg

That thing about saying something often enough that it become true doesnt really work, you know?

Tam O'Ware should be on that list.  Outstanding for Morton this season, although Forbes has also been involved in most positive things that have happened - our 5-0 win at Palmerston had Forbes's signature on every goal.

Yup. He was impressive against Queens. Stood out for me. For me Dobbies bad patch was just a little to long to get this.

9 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Fully deserved, and guaranteed to cause diddy tears. 

This. He's been head and shoulders above everyone this season.the players listed with him should be grateful to even be even mentioned alongside a player of his stature. Well played, John. Scotland international Scottish and league cup winning legend. 

McGinn and Bartley were brilliant in the first half yesterday.

Lennon actually done us a favour by taking Bartley off at half time.

Didn't deserve to be a Championship player for 2 years but it had to happen that way, Hibs have kicked him on and he'll get even better next season.

Yet another product of the St Mirren talent conveyor belt. We're producing more quality midfielders now than we know what to do with. 

Delighted for the boy that his move to Hibs has got him the recognition he deserves. I reckon this award has whacked another £2m on his price tag, mind. 

Archived