Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

On 27/05/2020 at 00:21, The_Kincardine said:

I bet she is chuffed as f**k by your video, Isabella:

I honestly don’t think she’s as good as Nicola Sturgeon.  She’s about 100 times better that that cùnt Johnson though.

On 28/05/2020 at 16:38, DrewDon said:

It's always brilliant on Twitter when someone in England gives Sturgeon even some mild praise and you get some Scotch Tory from somewhere like Larkhall with five union flags in their bio replying with something like: "NO, YOU DON'T LIVE HERE !!!! IT'S LIKE NORTH KOREA !!!!". 

Our state broadcaster also  rarely shows our football team in action. 

Remarkable that John Curtice's analysis of differing views north and south of the border on how respective governments are handling the crisis puts it down to our consistent bias in crediting what is done well to Holyrood and blaming poor performance on Westminster, and in viewing the two governments through a partisan lens. In other words, it reads to me, the Scottish public is unable to rationally judge.
He didn't mention other possibilities. That people might respect the fact that Nicola Sturgeon has stood up and delivered a clear and consistent message to the Scottish public just about every single day of the crisis. That she's been decisive yet sympathetic throughout. That she hasn't been seen to promote 'herd immunity' strategies or let her advisers contribute to scientific advisory boards. That she's never bragged about shaking hands with COVID patients and wasn't party to a decision that saw the UK shut out of an EU scheme to buy PPE units. That she's owned up to making mistakes. That in practical aspects, Scotland's approach has differed in small ways: quicker to announce bans on large gatherings and school closures, and flagging measures to end the lockdown well in advance, with the public  invited to share their views. 
Curtice has a lot more insight than me, but I'd be surprised if none of those factors has influenced views.

I wonder if Holyrood was as consistently favourable as it is now in the early days when Labour were in power in both parliaments.

27 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The SNP have readmitted Neale Hanvey as a member.

DwU74b0XcAARfGb.thumb.jpg.3d46ba4a515233a963cb802923f55327.jpg

Well, as he was suspended for 6 months from November 28th 2019, simple arithmetic would suggest that he would be unsuspended on 29th May 2020, wouldn't it?

This of course assumes that he has successfully completed an educational course at a Holocaust centre to demonstrate an understanding of anti-Semitism and has met with the Scottish Council of Jewish Communities to apologise for his previous actions.

The news above was reported on 3rd March, so it's hardly a shock!

link

Edited by lichtgilphead

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Trump's going to declare war on Scotland, time to build your Anderson shelter.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/501309-scotland-first-minister-hard-to-not-conclude-trump-is-a-racist

It's ok. He won't risk blowing up his relatives or his golf course.

Well not the golf course anyway.

Turns out the SNP have a cozy wee deal with the tories at Westminster to ensure an independence battle that never actually ends. The plan involves the tories forever saying "no" and the SNP forever seeking out further mandates.

You read it here first. :(

Expect Salmond to drop the bomb soon enough. He's just waiting for the right moment.

Edited by BawWatchin

Turns out the SNP have a cozy wee deal with the tories at Westminster to ensure an independence battle that never actually ends. The plan involves the tories forever saying "no" and the SNP forever seeking out further mandates.

You read it here first. [emoji20]
Expect Salmond to drop the bomb soon enough. He's just waiting for the right moment.

I dont believe you.

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I dont believe you.

You will soon enough. The SNP and the Tories are playing off each other because it benefits the MPs from both parties. The tories can increase their support by looking as if they're taking a strong stand on "unionism" and the SNP can increase their support with their endless mandate mantra. Careers, high wages and lucrative expenses all secured. :(

It's all going to come out.

You will soon enough. The SNP and the Tories are playing off each other because it benefits the MPs from both parties. The tories can increase their support by looking as if they're taking a strong stand on "unionism" and the SNP can increase their support with their endless mandate mantra. Careers, high wages and lucrative expenses all secured. [emoji20]

It's all going to come out.

Even if Salmond did come out with such an exposé id still not believe him.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Even if Salmond did come out with such an exposé id still not believe him.

It's called shock. But once the shock passes and you're able to think clearly, you will.

The whole thing has been one massive scam for the past several years. Heads are well and truly in the trough at Westminster i'm afraid. If the SNP truly wanted independence, they would have done far more by now. They are no longer the same party of the Salmond era. They are a party of the British Establishment.

It's called shock. But once the shock passes and you're able to think clearly, you will.
The whole thing has been one massive scam for the past several years. Heads are well and truly in the trough at Westminster i'm afraid. If the SNP truly wanted independence, they would have done far more by now. They are no longer the same party of the Salmond era. They are a party of the British Establishment.

Utter nonsense. I say this as someone who is not a huge fan of the current incarnation, but to suggest they don’t actually want indy on the say so of someone with a very public grievance against the party is madness.

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

You read it here first. :(

Presumably he'll be publishing his road map to Indy then as well? 

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Utter nonsense. I say this as someone who is not a huge fan of the current incarnation, but to suggest they don’t actually want indy on the say so of someone with a very public grievance against the party is madness.

The stalemate they're in with the tories is purely by design. They could seek out other routes towards the path of independence but refuse to do so. They don't want independence. They just want to be in a political battle for independence that drags on forever as it safe guards their careers at Westminster.

Call it nonsense all you like..... you'll still be making that claim 10 years down the line.