Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

14 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
20 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
I've been in a similar situation over 30 years ago, still know who said what. 

You're a beast?

Better than being a fanny. 

6 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

It's only a few years ago, she must have forgot about that 1st meeting almost immediately. 

Nope. I think you're either wilfully or unintentionally misunderstanding how memory works.

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
6 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
Better than being a fanny. 

If you say so....

You'll be better placed to compare both. 

Just now, Gordon EF said:

Nope. I think you're either wilfully or unintentionally misunderstanding how memory works.

I think she's wilfully misremembering, there's nobody on here going to shift that, the fact that you feel the need to compare her to Salmond shows where you and many others stand on it, I'm not interested in defending anything Salmond did before all this kicked off. 

As you can tell though, I'm not a Sturgeon or SNP fan, they're not taking us a step nearer independence anytime soon. 

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I think she's wilfully misremembering, there's nobody on here going to shift that, the fact that you feel the need to compare her to Salmond shows where you and many others stand on it, I'm not interested in defending anything Salmond did before all this kicked off. 

As you can tell though, I'm not a Sturgeon or SNP fan, they're not taking us a step nearer independence anytime soon. 

Yeah, like I said right at the beginning, some people will believe she's lying some won't. There's no way to argue each other round to changing minds.

The reason I compared it to Salmond is simply because he had a very similar lapse of memory in exactly the same hearing covering exactly the same events. So it's just not credible to say Sturgeon couldn't possibly have forgotten some of these details whilst Salmond could have. You can believe he did and she didn't but simply saying "It's not possible that she'd misremember this stuff" doesn't stand up to any scrutiny. 

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Your not  a Sturgeon or SNP fan, never ! well you had me fooled lol

All joking aside the one thing for certain is she will take us a damned site closer to independence, than if we end up with pro Unionist majority come May 7th. I think vast majority of Indy voters understand that.

1 minute ago, paolo2143 said:

Your not  a Sturgeon or SNP fan, never ! well you had me fooled lol

All joking aside the one thing for certain is she will take us a damned site closer to independence, than if we end up with pro Unionist majority come May 7th. I think vast majority of Indy voters understand that.

She's no interest in putting independence before power. 

If we Alex Salmond is planning to try and destroy the FM/Scottish Govt's credibility by drip feeding information to press/public over next couple of months, I don't think it is a wise strategy.

If he is seen as the cause of a Pro Unionist majority come May 7th then he will be as popular in Scotland as Mo Johnson was with Celtic fans after his "last" minute signing to Rangers back in 1989. He ended up being one of the most loathed persons in Glasgow lol.

Not only will the Unionists go back to showing naked contempt for him but he will be a pariah with majority of YES voters.

If i was him and i still wanted to do  a lot of damage to FM'S reputation  and embarrass  the SNP, but remain popular with Indy voters, I would serve my revenge just after election.

If say on weekend after election he was to release further revelations and say that he felt compelled to stay quiet until after election, as didn't want to damage chance of Independence, he could portray himself as martyr and that would ensure he remained popular with very movement he helped so much with.

Now that would be a cunning plan as "Baldrick" might say.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

I think you're applying double standards. Salmond wasn't being accused of being less than gentlemanly. He was being accused of serious sexual assault which would have by his own words potentially seen him been imprisoned and that he denies. I don't think it's credible to hold Sturgeon to the standard that she must remember every detail and order of all of these events but of course it's understandable that Salmond would just muddle up things in a similar scenario.

Even if you accept that she forgot about the initial meeting, she hasn't denied that this was where the meeting of the 2nd was arranged.  Therefore why was there no official record on the meeting of the 2nd taken?  It was quite clearly government business and therefore in accordance with the ministerial code, it should have been officially recorded.  Is this meeting on the monthly list of engagements, if not why not?

Ministers meet many people and organisations and consider a wide range of views as part of the formulation of Government policy. Private Offices should arrange for the basic facts of formal meetings between Ministers and outside interest groups to be recorded, setting out the reasons for the meeting, the names of those attending and the interests represented. A monthly list of engagements carried out by all Ministers is published three months in arrears.

A monthly list of engagements carried out by all Ministers is published three months in arrears. Detailed arrangements for recording contacts with outside interest groups, including lobbyists, are set out in paragraphs 4.22 to 4.24 above. See also paragraphs 9.27 to 9.31 for further guidance on contact with commercial companies.

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

You seem like you're doing a lot to buck the trend. 

Uh huh.  Forgive me for having no time for Twitter Sewer Rats like Janela and Wings.

4 minutes ago, strichener said:

Even if you accept that she forgot about the initial meeting, she hasn't denied that this was where the meeting of the 2nd was arranged.  Therefore why was there no official record on the meeting of the 2nd taken?  It was quite clearly government business and therefore in accordance with the ministerial code, it should have been officially recorded.  Is this meeting on the monthly list of engagements, if not why not?

I fully accept that this is really important to some people but I'm sorry, I just couldn't care less to be quite honest.