Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

15 minutes ago, paolo2143 said:

Just seen Douglas Ross refusing to say if he has confidence in the James Hamilton QC's inquiry.

In other words they will only have confidence in it if it supports their views, else they will ignore it completely.

I hope wee Nicola was watching as it suggests if she does not like the outcome, she can question its validity.

Ah, the Donald Trump approach.

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

In all seriousness, you did superbly well to type that through floods of tears, so fair fucks for that.

emoji23.png

Remember that period when Snafu pretended to be a Rangers fan in the aftermath of them keeling over? There's something like that going on here but weirder.

They seem to have forgotten the key fact that they're fucking Tories, and so trying to act as the voice of the Scottish people will get them smacked back down where they belong. They were better off with Goldie's passive-aggressive approach instead of raising their heads above the parapet and reminding everyone just who they are again. 

42 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Just seen a clip of Ross Greer on Debate Night and he's absolutely spot on. I imagine there's zero chance the Greens will be supporting the Tories on the VONC.

There is no chance they are supporting a VONC by the tories, he posts on a group I follow and he posted this after the programme when asked about it.

I laid out the Greens' position 5-10 mins in to the programme tonight and it definitely isn't supportive of Salmond's conspiracy theories or the opportunism of the Tories. It'll be up on twitter soon i imagine. Yes, the Greens did use our leverage to get necessary evidence published for the committee to do its job but we've also roundly condemned the Tories for bringing a VONC in Nicola before even hearing her evidence.
And for what its worth, the loony bloggers have hated me for years. I wear that as a badge of pride.

3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

ah yes, the important qualifier in any prediction to allow you to post "telt you" in 2037 when she elects to stand down........

Open bet is 31 May 2021. Try to keep up, eh?

2 hours ago, HTG said:

Remember that period when Snafu pretended to be a Rangers fan in the aftermath of them keeling over? There's something like that going on here but weirder.

There’s no other way to put this: what the f**k are you havering about now?

3 hours ago, paolo2143 said:

To say he sounds a bit bitter & biased is the under statement of the century. This could have been written by Rec Campbell from WINGS.

There is no doubt there is a hardcore small but very vocal SNP/Indy voters who want the FM removed at all costs. To them they couldn't care less whether it destroyed any chance of Indy for decades just as long as they get rid of her.

Pretty sad and contrast that to Nigel Farage, whilst I cannot stand the man, he was willing to sacrifice his own party just to make sure his dream of Brexit wasn't taken away at last minute.

He knew the only way of getting Brexit done was to hold his nose and tell everyone to vote Tory, he did this because he knew his dream was dead otherwise.

It seems strange how some Indy fans are determined to destroy their very dream when it has probably never been closer. 

So let me get this right: Jim Mitchell, who has been working on and writing about Scottish politics all his professional life, publishes something that goes against the ‘Sturgeon can do no wrong grain’... and he magically transforms into Stuart Campbell?

What did he say that was wrong and why?

I don’t always agree with Mitchell... but you’re literally making my case for me with that response.

I’d ask you about the bizarre and irrelevant Farage ‘comparison’... but what would be the point?

4 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

No, I still fully believe that the best path for Scotland is independence, and while the performance of the Scottish government certainly hasn't been at Tory clownshoes level, they've hardly covered themselves in glory over the past couple of years. My second vote will go to the Greens.

And you remain confident that a Sturgeon-led SNP that did the square root of zero through the Brexit crisis to advance towards independence, now hostage to what has still to come out in the Salmond affair, has any prospect of bringing that about?

If so, I admire your confidence.

I’ve asked this before (and got no answer): what happens next if the SNP get a majority (with the Greens) in May?

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

She's a more than able politician, and with 5,000 new SNP members it looks like the tories mud slinging backfired on them.

But go an and soothe your misery with telling yourself she's liar.

Yesterday was a clear victory for Nicola and the SNP, 8 hours of the same questions repeatedly which Nicola dealt with in a calm and professional manner, and we ended up with Margaret Mitchell like a spoiled wee girl stamping her feet and ranting and raving her hatred against Nicola who had got the better of her time after time.

Yesterday, she was ‘doing Scotland proud’ and ‘Scotland was proud of her’ (I was going to let it go, but Gigi did ask).

I’m not miserable at all, but I have to confess I do feel a bit sick.

Still, there’s no doubt whatsoever that Nicola Sturgeon is a more able politician than a deranged Tory who sneaked in off the list; so we’ll be fine...

Hilarious, seen nothing but Uber Unionists all over social media claiming Sturgeon would have to resign and it’s the end of the SNP and Indy, then their own enquiry absolutely backfireds on them. How many new members after a VONC? Scottish electorate clearly seeing Sturgeon was Judged and found guilty before she was even tried by the likes of Murdo and Baillie who didn’t even pretend she’d get a fair hearing, utterly delicious [emoji23]

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

And you remain confident that a Sturgeon-led SNP that did the square root of zero through the Brexit crisis to advance towards independence, now hostage to what has still to come out in the Salmond affair, has any prospect of bringing that about?

If so, I admire your confidence.

I’ve asked this before (and got no answer): what happens next if the SNP get a majority (with the Greens) in May?

She is one of, if not the most popular politicians in the UK, popular with vital demographics that will be needed to get independence over the line. Women, parents, the young, the middle class. After this burn the witch, Trumpian 'lock her up' campaign, ensuring she carries the can for what is ultimately the unacceptable behaviour of her predecessor and his desire to massage his bruised ego, who are you suggesting replaces her ? Joanna Cherry ? Salmond himself ? How about the Rev Stu ?

As for your second question, I have no idea, I'm not an SNP strategist, or even a voter at the moment. I suspect that they will again ask for a referendum, be refused, and then look into any other options that are available.