Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

6 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The F M has the power to move her just like the PM with his Cabinet Secretary.

Nope.

It's convention that the FM can ask for a new Perm Sec but the Cabinet Secretary is not obliged to do so. I don't think any FM has asked so we don't know what would happen. The FM can only choose a new Perm Sec from candidates chosen for them by a selection panel. 

Attacks on Leslie Evans character have been fkn heinous and wildly misplaced. Nothing but the mud-slinging of know-nothing cretins trying to reel her in to their fantasies.

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

You obviously know better than the political journalists. 

Screenshot_2021-03-23-15-54-32-124_com.android.chrome.jpg

Yes, in this case I do. Or at least, I'm not describing how it works in a way designed to appeal to arseholes.

I'm amazed you, of all people, would regard The Times as a credible source. Are you only edgy and cynical when it suits you?

Edited by GordonS

Just now, GordonS said:

Yes, in this case I do. Or at least, I'm not describing how it works in a way designed to appeal to arseholes.

I'm amazed you, of all people, would regard The Times as a credible source. Are you only edgy and cynical when it suits you?

It was reported this way in every paper. 

All permanent secretaries serve at the discretion of the minister. 

2 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Best line from Bailly yet.
" A majority of the enquiry were unanimous"
FFS.

😂

To go back to the boxing analogy that's a split decision.

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It was reported this way in every paper. 

All permanent secretaries serve at the discretion of the minister. 

That's bollocks and everyone who knows how this works knows it. And FWIW journalists know absolutely nothing about the civil service - and as a result, how 90% of the governing of the country happens. They don't know because they don't care. Very few civil servants speak to journalists and there are almost no well-known civil servants, so they can't bring them into their stories as dramatis personae.

Imagine you trusting newspapers... 

11 minutes ago, 101 said:

what did Rennie have to say about the leak? Tories, Labour and Green all happy for an investigation.

They all called out the leak you would think that the parties will be having a word to see if it was their representatives that leaked the confidential report. 

You have to imagine that it will eventually come out and be another scandal dropping them now and then not facing a by-election seems like a better situation.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

They all called out the leak you would think that the parties will be having a word to see if it was their representatives that leaked the confidential report. 

You have to imagine that it will eventually come out and be another scandal dropping them now and then not facing a by-election seems like a better situation.

Would be a good excuse for Sarwar to purge Baillie.

1 minute ago, HTG said:

Are we to infer from this that the tories got a bleaching on their VONC?

Every other party castigated the tories quite brutally about this being opportunism to try and punt Sturgeon given that they tabled the vote before the Hamilton report was even in, and had the cheek to plow on with it after the outcome cleared her.

So in fact the only party who really lost out as a result of the debate and vote was actually the tories themselves. What a terrible shame for them.