Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

8 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

His party only has to build a green like level of support on the list and they will hold the balance of power at Holyrood.

Big assumption on SNP vote holding up there with that arithmetic !

14 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I looked for ANY evidence prior to 2018 - there was nothing.

This means that it either happened but all parties agreed to keep stum about it until the falling out in 2018 or that there is a different version of events.

I'm just surprised that they managed to keep it quiet for 4 years without any inkling or rumour that the advice had been given. In modern political circles that is highly unusual.

What’s 2018 got to do with it?

In comparison to what's going on now I don't get the relevance of whether or not Salmond said it was a bad idea for Murrell to remain CEO when Sturgeon became leader. It hardly makes him Nostradamus. Her disapproval of him working for RT seems to have riled him more, according to that Courier piece. 

Just now, welshbairn said:

In comparison to what's going on now I don't get the relevance of whether or not Salmond said it was a bad idea for Murrell to remain CEO when Sturgeon became leader. It hardly makes him Nostradamus. Her disapproval of him working for RT seems to have riled him more, according to that Courier piece. 

Your point being?

8 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Your point being?

Exactly what I said, I don't see the relevancy. Murrell started off working for Salmond in Buchan and was made CEO under his leadership of the party, he must have rated and trusted him.

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Exactly what I said, I don't see the relevancy. Murrell started off working for Salmond in Buchan and was made CEO under his leadership of the party, he must have rated and trusted him.

The relevance of what?

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Which is precisely why its important to understand that Salmond told him to step down. At which point, it was Sturgeon's judgement that he should continue and her judgement that is at question now.

What's clear to me now is that Sturgeon was a brilliant communicator and she cultivated an image of competence and being above reproach. What's happened subsequently has shown it was exactly that, a construct, her judgement was horrendous and her policy achievements minor but she was a proven election winner. All in all, a bit of an enigma.

Its hard not to feel like it's a big opportunity missed for the cause and all this crap, the constant drip drip drip isn't helping and will take its toll.

I feel for Humza as he's inhereted a shit show. He needs to get on and sort it or it'll finish him too.

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Which is precisely why its important to understand that Salmond told him to step down. At which point, it was Sturgeon's judgement that he should continue and her judgement that is at question now.

He seemed to get a lot of credit within the party for organising the election campaigns, maybe that's why he stayed in the job. Whatever he's done to get into this mess now likely wasn't predicted by anyone, including Salmond in 2014. There's a load of hindsight gazing now, no doubt some Alba type in Banff will be saying he never trusted him from when he ran the SNP office up there.

Edited by welshbairn

35 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Again, what are you driving at? Are you suggesting that the date on which this became known has any relevant as to whether it actually occurred?

No - I'm saying that after that date Salmond had no obligation to keep quiet regards the advice he was suppose to have given. 

38 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

What's clear to me now is that Sturgeon was a brilliant communicator and she cultivated an image of competence and being above reproach. What's happened subsequently has shown it was exactly that, a construct, her judgement was horrendous and her policy achievements minor but she was a proven election winner. All in all, a bit of an enigma.

Its hard not to feel like it's a big opportunity missed for the cause and all this crap, the constant drip drip drip isn't helping and will take its toll.

I feel for Humza as he's inhereted a shit show. He needs to get on and sort it or it'll finish him too.

I don’t feel for Humza at all. He was in the with the clique and until now has been absolutely loyal to them, refusing to accept any criticism of how the party was run. He’s also a serial liar and a complete incompetent.

20 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

And? Your point being?

It's one explanation why any evidence regards the advice was not known before that point.  After Salmond felt he had been shafted by Sturgeon et al he had no reason or loyalty to her to keep that advice secret.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It's one explanation why any evidence regards the advice was not known before that point.  After Salmond felt he had been shafted by Sturgeon et al he had no reason or lotslty to her to keep that advice secret.

Yes……meaning?

10 hours ago, Thorongil said:

It’s a known fact that Salmond gave Sturgeon this advice and that she then pretty much closed the door on him. As soon as she became first minister she then completely froze him out. The clique she built around herself and Murrell then hated Salmond and saw him as a threat.

The trouble started with him telling her Murrell should go and when Salmond started planning a comeback crack at Mark McDonald’s seat after she threw him under a combine harvester they began their plot against him. 

This is common knowledge.

it is astonishing watching people still refusing to face the truth regarding Nicola Sturgeon.

It's astonishing that up until 6 weeks ago no one uttered a cheep about this common knowledge that had been going on for years.

Everything in the SNP garden was rosy.

13 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

It's astonishing that up until 6 weeks ago no one uttered a cheep about this common knowledge that had been going on for years.

Everything in the SNP garden was rosy.

It was only rosy according to the Sturgeon cult which rules the SNP. Dissenters were ruthlessly targeted for years, and many did speak out on these issues only to be disregarded as cranks and bad actors.