Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

So you can't reply sensibly to my post so revert to slagging me. Typical of you.

Do you think saying "your masters" to someone is sensible and that your post was sensible? 

I've not exactly slagged you off by pointing out if you use such language against people that would generally answer your questions in good faith it may kinda put them off..

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Absolutely correct.

When I start telling people who are getting ‘romantic and braveheartish’ about Independence that they’ve got 10 to 15 years of austerity ahead, that their pensions are in doubt, that their mortgage interest rates will soar, that their currency (the groat?) will be worthless, they may think I’m talking crap, but they will pay attention and give it some thought amidst the growing doubts that will increasingly set in.

So, like the pub bore, you think you have the right to tell people your opinion ?

You must be popular. 

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

It's ironic because the pro Independence campaign is always lead by grievance and perceived injustice, I can't remember the last time I saw anyone in favour of Indy make a positive case rather for it rather than "we need to do it because Wesminster is the devil."

I'd say human beings are more prone to being scared and fearful than they are optimistic and adventurous, why take risks when you're comfortable, most election campaigns work on demonising the opposition and perceived negatives rather than selling a positive story. 

In short, if you're playing politics you'd be dumb not to use such tactics. 

Then you haven't been listening.

Guest Bob Mahelp
21 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Always thought this forum was a place for opinions?

Maybe the HCB will put a stop to that?

No, I meant the way you worded your post...'When I tell people my opinion it makes them think'.  Does it really ?

What's the HCB ?

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

Makes them think he's a c**t.

I've noticed recently that Unionists seem to be getting more angry and more mouthy. 

Not just on social media, but we had a guy along doing work on my garage door last week. For no reason at all, he started to go off on one about 'thon Nicola Sturgeon'. 

I just grinned and nodded...mostly because I wanted my door fixed properly....but my first thought was 'what the f**k right does this guy think he has to lecture me on his political opinions ? Ckunt'.

So yes, that's almost certainly what Billy Boyne above mates are thinking. 

The Scottish govt definitely seem to be going through a sticky patch at the moment.

The slow pace of the plan to ease restrictions is pissing a lot of people off (on both sides of the independence debate) and the trial debacle is dragging on. She handled the hearings well but the overall situation does not reflect well.

Added to that the allegations against an mp this week and the controversial hate crime bill and it's clearly the toughest spell sturgeon has ever had to deal with.

I'd say I'm still giving her the benefit if the doubt because i still believe the snp are the best vehicle for independence but I'm wavering.

The Scottish govt definitely seem to be going through a sticky patch at the moment.

The slow pace of the plan to ease restrictions is pissing a lot of people off (on both sides of the independence debate) and the trial debacle is dragging on. She handled the hearings well but the overall situation does not reflect well.

Added to that the allegations against an mp this week and the controversial hate crime bill and it's clearly the toughest spell sturgeon has ever had to deal with.

I'd say I'm still giving her the benefit if the doubt because i still believe the snp are the best vehicle for independence but I'm wavering.
Not just the best but the only vehicle.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

The less sinister meanings bit reminds me of this

image.png.2bfff982241184983ea6836a1fba70ce.png

Do you think the party shouldn't have encouraged others to come forward?

I don't see how Salmond comes out with a W here if it comes down to arguing over interpretations if Sturgeon can, justifiably, point to the climate of the time the allegations initially surfaced.

I feel the same. Voted SNP since I was 18 years old but totally fed up with them now with their handling of coronavirus, slow in lifting restrictions apart from church gatherings and total anti football stuff coming out plus all the weirdos and dodgy MPs / MSPs coming out the woodwork. It feels like Labour when they surprisingly lost their majority in Scotland in the 2000s.

2 minutes ago, Shannon said:

I feel the same. Voted SNP since I was 18 years old but totally fed up with them now with their handling of coronavirus, slow in lifting restrictions apart from church gatherings and total anti football stuff coming out plus all the weirdos and dodgy MPs / MSPs coming out the woodwork. It feels like Labour when they surprisingly lost their majority in Scotland in the 2000s.

Eh?

So who would u vote for?