Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

5 minutes ago, renton said:

I honestly haven't.

As for the threads on here, you can't possibly judge people's emotional states from an online medium. Language might be robust at times, arguments may be ridiculed or dismissed but this is not a sign of hatred.

I believe you.

I would say there is a lot of what you describe but there is a few who spout absolute hatred imo. 

The SNP have a new referendum in their manifesto at each election and the people keep voting for them. How dare "once in a generation" unionists stand in the way of the people?

They also had scrapping APD in their manifesto but they’ve happily decided not to bother with that.

Personally think there’s very much a mandate for another referendum, but I don’t like hiding behind ‘the manifesto’. Barely anyone reads them, fewer give a f**k.

1 minute ago, Glenanover said:

I believe you.

I would say there is a lot of what you describe but there is a few who spout absolute hatred imo. 

You can't possibly know that though.

You have the choice to ignore the threads, or you can engage with the substance of the argument. Don't bother tone trolling people about 'hatred' though.

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Suggests your social circle isn't broad enough then as they clearly don't have the same point as the majority who repeatedly vote for the SNP. You should make pals with more democratically minded people.

I do have a broad range of friends. 

The majority voted for Unionist parties.

14 minutes ago, Glenanover said:

Another referendum is not what Scotland needs just now imo and 99% of people I know.

In Ashcroft's poll a month ago 47% said they thought there should be an independence referendum within the next 2 years, with 45% disagreeing.

You're either mistaken about what your friends think or you don't have a broad range of friends.

Better together voters want everyone to forget about the lies told in 2014 before a new pack of lies can surface for the next referendum.

The sooner a referendum is held the worse it will be for BT to be taken seriously on anything it promises this time.

I also hear that as a 1sg threat they're now saying if you vote Yes we might be taken back into Europe

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

Yes. 5 years ago. Some stuff that you might be aware of has happened since then to mean it might be worth revisiting the question.

My personal issue with it is 55% didn't get what they they were promised.

Commonly known as lied too

21 minutes ago, Glenanover said:

I didn't end up hating anyone but I have seen plenty that did. On both sides.

And going by a lot of threads on here there is a lot of hatred still going on.

I know people who fell out over the 2014 referendum. But, almost by defnition, in every single case at least one of them was an arsehole.