Dumbarton v Falkirk

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The rather obvious advantage for Dumbarton would be the guarantee of cash from every ticket sold as opposed to the likelihood of some vouchers not being used on the day.

Given that all the vouchers have gone within 2 hours, the people that have managed to get their hands on them will be people who know that they can go. Bearing in mind the inevitable changes in some individual circumstances, I'd imagine most of the 720 seats will have bums on them on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, cameron2000 said:

I know what we could have done to fill the ground efficiently. Make it pay at the gate and if your too late then your going home early. That I'm sure would have kept everyone happy.

You probably wouldn't get that many people complaining about that to be honest aslong as people knew before they went. At least then if you make the effort and get their early you'd probably get in. I'm sure the police would have something to say though.

Guest Back Post Misses
:lol:
What a fucking fanny.

Is there any need for the aggressiveness?

I asked a couple of questions both reasonable. I stated that it is Dumbartons home game and their call. The 500 empty seats will be in the hole end looking at your regular gates. There maybe more Saturday granted.

As far as a big game, it will be the biggest game Falkirk will have had at your stadium hence the large support.

It of course could have need anticipated if clubs would think ahead somewhat. Recently we took 850 to Tannadice and 1500 to Dunfermline.

Anyway well done in staying up. It is a good achievement again. Play nicely now and let us have the 3 points now.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You probably wouldn't get that many people complaining about that to be honest aslong as people knew before they went. At least then if you make the effort and get their early you'd probably get in. I'm sure the police would have something to say though.

Beggars belief that you think that's a better option than the current plan.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Is there any need for the aggressiveness?

I asked a couple of questions both reasonable. I stated that it is Dumbartons home game and their call. The 500 empty seats will be in the hole end looking at your regular gates. There maybe more Saturday granted.

As far as a big game, it will be the biggest game Falkirk will have had at your stadium hence the large support.

It of course could have need anticipated if clubs would think ahead somewhat. Recently we took 850 to Tannadice and 1500 to Dunfermline.

Anyway well done in staying up. It is a good achievement again. Play nicely now and let us have the 3 points now.

That comment was at Shadwell Dog who is being a massive cry baby.

We can't send the 500 home end vouchers to you, we need to segregate. It's down to Falkirk to let us know, funnily enough we don't keep an eye on how many you take to other grounds.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That comment was at Shadwell Dog who is being a massive cry baby.

We can't send the 500 home end vouchers to you, we need to segregate. It's down to Falkirk to let us know, funnily enough we don't keep an eye on how many you take to other grounds.

To be honest its been a good windup but i still can't quite believe how much football is still in the dark ages when it comes to things like this.

Put aside throwing around the blame for a second, and put yourself in DFC's position. 
You get a phone call on Thursday last week to say Falkirk are expecting to bring a big travelling support. What do you do? 
It looks to me that Falkirk (based on the statement) are happy to blame us, without actually suggesting anything better.

I just spoke to a very helpful chap on the phone at the club (yes I know, close your jaw at the shock of that), and I was advised that we were told 'late on Friday' by Falkirk, that they were expecting to bring a larger than normal support on Saturday.

Bearing in mind we are a part-time club with part-time staff, with modest to small budgets for most areas, and it's been a bank holiday, it doesn't give a whole lot of time to get anything alternative sorted.

I appreciate its far from ideal and there are potential pitfalls with it, but yes as you suggest, it seems Falkirk have just got the boot in so to speak, but not actually said what a better solution is.

As I said a short while ago, the Falkirk punters who really want to go, will go along with the arrangement that's been made (rightly or wrongly) and the ones who haven't got a ticket might just be ones who aren't the diehards and more reasonable folks anyway.

Simple you get tickets printed. Falkirk pick them up and sell them and then we give you the cash. Novel concept I know . In last years playoffs we managed to get them  done and sold in 3 days so its not that difficult.

As I've alluded to above, we're a part-time team with part-time staff to boot. That would take a fair bit of time, labour and expense. And given we only seem to have been notified by your club last week (by your own club's statement) I think this solution is the best and fairest that could have realistically been hoped for. The fact it's ruffled the feather of a few precious and fragile souls who vent their rage about it here is just a delicious extra.

Is Moonster always this much of a gimp?

'Voucher' reserved tho. So get it right up yees.

He's made a number of sensible and well-reasoned posts as far as I can see, whereas your posts appear tear-stained, overly angry and resorting to name calling. I'm glad you've got your voucher though, what a major hassle it must've been. Hope you're ok. X

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

:lol:

Aye, okay.

It has mate. At the end of the day if you want a ticket you'll get one like with any other all ticket event. Doesn't stop us having a laugh at your antiquated organisational set up.

It has mate. At the end of the day if you want a ticket you'll get one like with any other all ticket event. Doesn't stop us having a laugh at your antiquated organisational set up.

Yeah, because that's what some of you have been doing. Laughing.

Not being perma-raging and spluttering because we won't bend over to accommodate a larger support than usually comes to The Rock, just because you're chasing a runner-up position.

Archived