Dumbarton v Falkirk

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here though, after all the moaning from Falkirk fans and screaming defiance from the Sons, you'll like this one. Guy on the door this morning informed me that we didn't get all 720 vouchers as 'Dumbarton wanted to keep 30 to show them to the stewards'! :lol: Like a few photocopies wouldn't have done the job.

Also (and I'm bound to be missing something here) if there wasn't enough time to print tickets how was there enough time to print vouchers? 

16 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Punching well above their weight is another way to look at it.

Although I think next season could be the season they finally slip out the league.

Been hearing this for nigh on 6 seasons now.

Love it

33 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Punching well above their weight is another way to look at it.

Although I think next season could be the season they finally slip out the league.

Mate, Dumbarton and Falkirk (along with Raith, albeit potentially not for much longer) are the only established 'Championship Clubs' in this league. We need some solidarity against these promotion and relegation immigrants stealing our jobs players.

30 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I like the Dumbarton fans on here.

Can we not slag their club please.

:wub:

19 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Here though, after all the moaning from Falkirk fans and screaming defiance from the Sons, you'll like this one. Guy on the door this morning informed me that we didn't get all 720 vouchers as 'Dumbarton wanted to keep 30 to show them to the stewards'! :lol: Like a few photocopies wouldn't have done the job.

Also (and I'm bound to be missing something here) if there wasn't enough time to print tickets how was there enough time to print vouchers? 

I'm guessing vouchers don't have to have tear off strips, terms and conditions, dates, different groups (Adult, P+C, Concession) etc which probably take time. Vouchers can be fired out an inkjet printer on about 5 per page and typed up on word.

6 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Mate, Dumbarton and Falkirk (along with Raith, albeit potentially not for much longer) are the only established 'Championship Clubs' in this league. We need some solidarity against these promotion and relegation immigrants stealing our jobs players.

:wub:

I'm guessing vouchers don't have to have tear off strips, terms and conditions, dates, different groups (Adult, P+C, Concession) etc which probably take time. Vouchers can be fired out an inkjet printer on about 5 per page and typed up on word.

Well I did say I would be missing something! :lol: These vouchers are the real thing though - very tickety boo you might say! Only things missing are T&Cs and the tear off strip. Different groups, dates etc are all on there.

Well if Falkirk had said, or been able to impart that they expected a large support on Saturday, a few weeks ago, we could've been in a position to make better arrangements, but given we were only told on Friday, it's left not much time to get things organised.

I will say it again. Why would Dumbarton need to be informed by Falkirk? They would have had a good idea that if Falkirk are in a battle for second place that there would have been a demand for tickets.

It's been mentioned on this site for weeks. I don't need to hear it from Falkirk FC officially to know what the possible scenario was.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I will say it again. Why would Dumbarton need to be informed by Falkirk? They would have had a good idea that if Falkirk are Ina battle foe second place that there would have been a demand for tickets.

It's been mentioned on this site for weeks. I don't need to hear it from Falkirk FC officially to know what the possible scenario was.

Because if, as SD has said, a Falkirk player had scored in injury time on Saturday then the attendance for this wouldn't justify the expense and hassle of going all ticket. Falkirk have never got close to selling out the Rock prior to this, so I hadn't even considered it to be honest.

Don't think you can blame Dumbarton for this TBF, I've been down there in many standard league games and I could have sat in as many seats as I wanted, like live Alba games etc. Also, it's not Dumbarton's fault that we never took care of QOS last Saturday.

How do you please everyone? Absolutely impossible.

Unfortunately I had to go to work this morning so couldn't meander down to TFS and pick up a voucher. Also I phoned approx 12 times but was engaged 10 times, the other twice, got through only for the phone to ring out unanswered. So after following my team home and away all season and many more I failed to get my voucher but I don't blame Dumbarton. I read about one voucher per ST holder yet I hear people talking about picking up fours and fives?

I'm not happy about it but hey ho... Shit happens but I'll be there on Saturday,

if anyone has a spare voucher (home or away end) pm me pleeeezzzzee [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Come on ye Bairns or Sons, depends where I'm sitting I suppose!!!

Because if, as SD has said, a Falkirk player had scored in injury time on Saturday then the attendance for this wouldn't justify the expense and hassle of going all ticket. Falkirk have never got close to selling out the Rock prior to this, so I hadn't even considered it to be honest.

I don't think my reply would have been as succinct as yours, but that's spot on.

The Dumbarton fans on here are a sound bunch and I like to think typical of their support in general. Lets save our slagging efforts for clubs that deserve it, such as Raith Rovers, Hibs, Cowdenbeath and Dunfermline  

I thought we'd get the fourth section as well once the rest had been sold. Doesn't look like that will be the case 

Don't think you can blame Dumbarton for this TBF, I've been down there in many standard league games and I could have sat in as many seats as I wanted, like live Alba games etc. Also, it's not Dumbarton's fault that we never took care of QOS last Saturday.
How do you please everyone? Absolutely impossible.
Unfortunately I had to go to work this morning so couldn't meander down to TFS and pick up a voucher. Also I phoned approx 12 times but was engaged 10 times, the other twice, got through only for the phone to ring out unanswered. So after following my team home and away all season and many more I failed to get my voucher but I don't blame Dumbarton. I read about one voucher per ST holder yet I hear people talking about picking up fours and fives?
I'm not happy about it but hey ho... Shit happens but I'll be there on Saturday,
if anyone has a spare voucher (home or away end) pm me pleeeezzzzee [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Come on ye Bairns or Sons, depends where I'm sitting I suppose!!!

Believe me I am not blaming Dumbarton for anything. I think the voucher system is fair.

I think the 4 or 5 vouchers relates to ST holders picking up vouchers for other ST holders.

I actually have a great deal of respect for the Sons and what they have achieved with very limited budget.

However what I cannot understand is that if my estimations are correct there might be only 1300 supporters in a stadium that holds 2000.

Surely given demand that can't be right nor is it in Dumbarton best interests either?

Quite happy for me to be corrected here if my estimations are wrong though?

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Mate, Dumbarton and Falkirk (along with Raith, albeit potentially not for much longer) are the only established 'Championship Clubs' in this league. 

Behave. Queen of the South have been in this division for 14 of the last 15 seasons, and the one we were out for we had clinched the division below with 2 foot of snow on tbe pitch! Notwithstanding that we have one single season less than you in consecutive terms it doesnt get much more "established" than that. :rolleyes:

The Dumbarton fans on here are a sound bunch and I like to think typical of their support in general. Lets save our slagging efforts for clubs that deserve it, such as Raith Rovers, Hibs, Cowdenbeath and Dunfermline  
I thought we'd get the fourth section as well once the rest had been sold. Doesn't look like that will be the case 

Agree that the Sons fans are by and large a decent group.
The real roasters are the plankton that post on the Morten pages and the rabid, slavering mess coming from the Fifers recently was quite hilarious.

The ones I feel sorry for are the Sons fans. Just had a wee gander onto their facebook page, there must be quite a few folk affected like this. Doesn't seem to be any reply from the club to them either, good money/customers being thrown away here 

590a4eca344fa_ScreenShot2017-05-03at22_33_30.png.05e688e101fa4c1325c9075d79e283a7.png

4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The ones I feel sorry for are the Sons fans. Just had a wee gander onto their facebook page, there must be quite a few folk affected like this. Doesn't seem to be any reply from the club to them either, good money/customers being thrown away here 

590a4eca344fa_ScreenShot2017-05-03at22_33_30.png.05e688e101fa4c1325c9075d79e283a7.png

You bet, and the diminishing attendances reflect this.  Whilst there are specific issues surrounding this weekend's fixture, this is only a higher profile example of the reactive day-to-day running of the football club.  It is utterly dispiriting to watch our support melt away in frustration, but really who can blame them ?  We have one Director who gets the public-facing thing but in my view he is often marginalised.

Believe me I am not blaming Dumbarton for anything. I think the voucher system is fair.

I think the 4 or 5 vouchers relates to ST holders picking up vouchers for other ST holders.

I actually have a great deal of respect for the Sons and what they have achieved with very limited budget.

However what I cannot understand is that if my estimations are correct there might be only 1300 supporters in a stadium that holds 2000.

Surely given demand that can't be right nor is it in Dumbarton best interests either?

Quite happy for me to be corrected here if my estimations are wrong though?

No, you are spot on, business is business, take it while it's there, surely the segregation tapes can be moved to capitalise on our support.

Imagine that happening at TFS FFS, we would sell our grannies in this situation. The stewards and segregation boundaries would be up and ready just now with a plan to maximise every available seat.

Archived