Dumbarton v Falkirk

F**k me, I thought we had covered every angle of this. Anyone who doesn't have a voucher dry your eyes!
I for one don't see the big deal, Falkirk win, they finish 2nd. They lose, they can still finish 2nd dependant on results! Still another 2 games minimum to see your heroes play guys! You'd think it was Falkirk last ever game before going bust the way some of the fans are going on!

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Here though, after all the moaning from Falkirk fans and screaming defiance from the Sons, you'll like this one. Guy on the door this morning informed me that we didn't get all 720 vouchers as 'Dumbarton wanted to keep 30 to show them to the stewards'! :lol: Like a few photocopies wouldn't have done the job.

Amateur hour. Unsurprising.

21 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

F**k me, I thought we had covered every angle of this. Anyone who doesn't have a voucher dry your eyes!
I for one don't see the big deal, Falkirk win, they finish 2nd. They lose, they can still finish 2nd dependant on results! Still another 2 games minimum to see your heroes play guys! You'd think it was Falkirk last ever game before going bust the way some of the fans are going on!

Yeah its just a shame we cant give segregation a miss for a game like this to be honest. Worst that can happen to us is we come 3rd and there's no chance of Dumbarton getttig relegated. You'd think we could all sit together, have a laugh and then head home with nae bother.

I'm assuming that our fans on Facebook don't have access to a telephone? I'd imagine a wee call to the club would probably be enough to reserved a ticket or 3.

Lol @ people thinking the proof of address thing is to stop people from outside of G82. It's an SPFL ruling. A horrible, stupid, criminalising ruling. But not our fault.

Certainly doesn't 'sour my season'.

I don't want to urinate on your potato fries or anything, but unless your first statement relates to ST holders only, that's not the case. I enquired about reserving a ticket when I phoned and was told, utterly fairly, that it wasn't possible. Totally understandable, but reservations aren't being taken.

Totally agree on your last point though. Barring a complete disaster on Saturday at our game and Stark's (which I'm sure some of the FK seethers on here will be crossing their fingers for) it'll have been a resoundingly successful season and to have all but sealed it with a great result at Tannadice last week would make it all the sweeter.

We are 2nd in the league yet we have a sizable section of our support who want the manager sacked, slaughter the players after any game we don't win by 3 or 4, criticize the board of directors and chairman (ok, sometimes with justification, lol) the club shop, the guy that does the tannoy and even our ball boys during the games. The crossbar challenge that's run all season, Lee miller wins it for a wife and folk complain she got a player to hit it for her, instead of being happy she won. It's hardly a surprise that our support are going to moan and moan about the arrangements for this game!!

Personally I think we'll wrap up 2nd, Dumbarton will stay up and we'll fire into the play offs with every chance off going up

1 minute ago, knee jerk reaction said:

We are 2nd in the league yet we have a sizable section of our support who want the manager sacked, slaughter the players after any game we don't win by 3 or 4, criticize the board of directors and chairman (ok, sometimes with justification, lol) the club shop, the guy that does the tannoy and even our ball boys during the games. The crossbar challenge that's run all season, Lee miller wins it for a wife and folk complain she got a player to hit it for her, instead of being happy she won. It's hardly a surprise that our support are going to moan and moan about the arrangements for this game!!

Personally I think we'll wrap up 2nd, Dumbarton will stay up and we'll fire into the play offs with every chance off going up

Sizeable? We're just the same as any other club.

14 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

She was over the moon, did you see the way she cuddled him? Wonder if she'll tell her man the baby's his?

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah its just a shame we cant give segregation a miss for a game like this to be honest. Worst that can happen to us is we come 3rd and there's no chance of Dumbarton getttig relegated. You'd think we could all sit together, have a laugh and then head home with nae bother.

Let's be honest, if it was as simple as that then we would just go for that. But if you think the police would allow that to happen then you're kidding yourself on.

I think the difference from this to The Rangers coming to The Rock is that they have such a sizable amount of fans who reside in Dumbarton so could easily purchase tickets for the home end. Falkirk can't really do the same.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Jesus f**k :lol::lol: 

The drama, the scandal, THE OUTRAGE! 

Seriously boays, you are acting like the Kardashians of Scottish football. Simmer the f**k down. No c***s been shafted, about 4 of our fans are greetin on Facebook cause they think proof of address means you can't get in when you reside elsewhere. 

Pray 4 shafted Dton fans and inconvencied Falkirk Kardashians.

I agree with your point, but your delivery could have been better. 6/10

can we just move on to discussing the game or is that a crazy notion ? Every point and angle seems to have been covered multiple times from both sides and funnily enough, nothing has or will change.

again, which has been the case nearly all season, I have no idea how Houston will line up for this one. I'm hearing there are a few defencive doubts through injury. So maybe the starting 11 will be forced into his hands with hippo still suspended. 

Thomson

kidd    Muirhead  Grant     Leahy

craigen  Taiwo McKee  sibbald

Austin  Baird

Not sure on Grant or Taiwos fitness. Feel free to correct me.

Wouldn't it be nice if some Dumbarton fans could pick up a spare ticket for any struggling Falkirk fans wanting to get this with a pint as payment.

Surely both clubs are civil enough with one another to sit amongst each other at the football, have banter and get on. 

There is ways around this if you really want to go. Personally i'd just offer someone £50 on the coyb facebook page and they'd bite your hand off. 

1 hour ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

I don't want to urinate on your potato fries or anything, but unless your first statement relates to ST holders only, that's not the case. I enquired about reserving a ticket when I phoned and was told, utterly fairly, that it wasn't possible. Totally understandable, but reservations aren't being taken.

Totally agree on your last point though. Barring a complete disaster on Saturday at our game and Stark's (which I'm sure some of the FK seethers on here will be crossing their fingers for) it'll have been a resoundingly successful season and to have all but sealed it with a great result at Tannadice last week would make it all the sweeter.

That sucks, is there not even a way we could take payments or a deposit over the phone?

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

Fitba eh?

Right, Do we reckon Houston will make a few changes for this one? Anyone know if Luca and Watson are still injured?

According to my barber Luca is, aye. Him and Aird are both in there pretty frequently and I was speaking about them when I was in on Tuesday #Friendswiththestars

How's he been for you? I liked him a lot when I watched him with the Rangers Reserves a few years back.

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

We have 3 ffc season tickets and would all like to have gone on Saturday but couldn't get through to falkirk for vouchers. I have no issue with how the sons and falkirk have handled this but it would be a real shame if there were empty seats on the day when there are so many fans on both sides keen to be there. A few hundred empty seats averaging 15 pounds a ticket and other add one is a lot of money to miss out on.

I get you're not having a go here, but there is very little we can do about empty seats in the home end. Some folk have mentioned moving the segregation along a bit and sending Falkirk more tickets, which is a fine idea, but it involves moving Season Ticket holders from their seats. Given that some of our fans have already blown their heads off over picking up a voucher and having to give their address for the privilege then I don't think that route is really feasible at this point. As we've said before, there will be plenty room in the home end should Falkirk fans need to go there but we can't officially just let everyone in.

As for our decision not to take phone reservations, I can't quite understand it. Surely someone phones up and gives their name then they need to provide that info when picking up a voucher? It's that sort of stuff that we leave ourselves open to the type of bashing we're getting on Facebook. When something like an unavoidable all ticket match comes up, we really need to be shown to do everything possible to make it easy for fans to come to the game but instead, we give them a 2 hour window on the day of the game which is the only feasible time that anyone with a Monday to Friday job can get to the stadium, we don't let them reserve by phone and I can understand why that angers people. In the past we've opened up late between 6-8pm to give Mon-Fri workers an opportunity but it seems we're not doing that this time. Having said all that, the people on Facebook having a go at the club for taking addresses deserve a dropkick from Nade.

14 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I've never read such shite - it was Bob McHugh! :P

He had Austin rolling about holding his face in the Higgins booking....

The worry I have now is when Falkirk fans do travel, we dont deliver, so lets keep it at the 720.......

9 minutes ago, Trump said:

Praying that Watson is back so Muirhead can move back to right back and shunt Kidd out the team.

What's the situation with McCracken ? Is he one game away from a new contract ? Don't shoot me down in flames here, just thinking about our different options in defence.

15 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I agree with your point, but your delivery could have been better. 6/10

can we just move on to discussing the game or is that a crazy notion ? Every point and angle seems to have been covered multiple times from both sides and funnily enough, nothing has or will change.

again, which has been the case nearly all season, I have no idea how Houston will line up for this one. I'm hearing there are a few defencive doubts through injury. So maybe the starting 11 will be forced into his hands with hippo still suspended. 

Thomson

kidd    Muirhead  Grant     Leahy

craigen  Taiwo McKee  sibbald

Austin  Baird

Not sure on Grant or Taiwos fitness. Feel free to correct me.

Hopefully this is the starting 11. Seems like quite a few players are carrying some kind of injury. Important to finish second to allow the likes of Gasparotto, Watson, Grant & Taiwo a bit of a rest before our first play-off games. Having Hippo back will give us an extra option in midfield as well 

7 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

Wouldn't it be nice if some Dumbarton fans could pick up a spare ticket for any struggling Falkirk fans wanting to get this with a pint as payment.

Surely both clubs are civil enough with one another to sit amongst each other at the football, have banter and get on. 

There is ways around this if you really want to go. Personally i'd just offer someone £50 on the coyb facebook page and they'd bite your hand off. 

Any Falkirk fan that really wants to go will be there. You could even take up hospitality if you were that keen 

Archived