Dumbarton v Falkirk

Maybe the Falkirk board asked the  Dumbarton board to have tickets ready for the game "the next again week" and like everyone who wasn't brought up in the FK postcode, DFC didn't have a fucking clue when they meant?
I've lived here 18 years, and I still don't have a Scooby when "the next again day/week" is.
Ken.

Haha I work with loads of English folk who go mental when I start the 'next again day/week' stuff I fucking love it, it drives them insane, (so obviously I keep going at it with every little thing)

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh so very precious. I hope nothing happens in the game on Saturday that inconveniences you in a similar way, like a throw-in being given against you. Heaven forbid.

What?

I assume Dumbarton still plan on lying down and gifting us a 1-0 win given our dignified and gracious behaviour over the ticketing arrangements.

All joking aside, I really hope we go for the win. If the boot was on the other foot I'd be angered if another side didn't give it their all and we could be adversely affected as a result.

And anyway, even if some of the players wanted to do that (not that they would) Robert Thomson wouldn't. The man is on fire!

I assume Dumbarton still plan on lying down and gifting us a 1-0 win given our dignified and gracious behaviour over the ticketing arrangements.

4-5 Bairns' win. Might as well make it exciting.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Can anyone explain to me why when Falkirk informed Dumbarton in any way matters?

Dumbarton must be aware of how many Falkirk supporters attend games normally and that this game is of greater significance so the numbers would increase.

If there are empty seats at this game you have to wonder at Dumbarton financial management. Surely any small club should be doing everything in its power to maximise revenue?

That all said, I don't see anything wrong with the voucher system. It's really just the number of tickets they have made available that concerns me.

However I have been lucky enough to get one anyway.

Well clearly if we accept the premise that Dumbarton have been caught off guard by Falkirk requesting more tickets than they have available for the away support then it's perfectly clear why it matters when they were told. Dumbarton, unlike Falkirk, but like pretty much every other smaller club, will not have their own ticketing system and when required to do an all ticket match will need to outsource the printing. I presume Dumbarton will have a regular printer they use for such events as they've had plenty of all ticket games in the last couple of seasons and it's presumably the case that the seating plan is unchanged since the last one but it's still something that will take at least 24 hours to physically organise and print even supposing they do have someone already set up with their seating manifest. And then the tickets have to physically get delivered (I haven't a clue where Dumbarton get their tickets but ours are ordered from a company in Forfar when we get proper ticketing done so it will take a day to arrive) and then checked and forwarded to Falkirk. And that's presuming your printer has nothing better to do when there's a snap election going on and printers generally will be as busy as they are at any time in the next five years and Monday was a bank holiday so they were almost certainly shut.

To be fair, Dumbarton will not want to incur pointless costs. If Lee Miller's late "goal" on Saturday had not been ruled offside then the game would be meaningless to Falkirk and it's unlikely more than a few hundred would have travelled. It's not something they could have dealt with before Tuesday other than by printing a load of tickets that would potentially have needed pulping at a probably £500+ cost. Maybe if Falkirk had agreed to either print them or meet that cost they'd have done it?

There will inevitably be empty seats at the game. Segregation is a requirement and stadiums are usually set up to allow for a specific segregation point which isn't easily moved along a bit even if we accept for the moment that Dumbarton's existing season ticket holders would be happy to give up their seat for a one off occasion to get "the Falkirk pound" in.I doubt they were able to practically make any more tickets available without actually giving you ALL the tickets, or switching ends I suppose though I guess the two ends are more or less the same size?

20 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Genuine question here, maybe one for @SkylineDrifter ? Why can't these vouchers be sold as tickets? Is there some sort of league ruling on what must go on a match day ticket?

I don't think there's any reason they couldn't be. A match ticket is supposed to have the League Terms & Conditions of Sale on the back but it's a fairly minor point for a one off emergency scenario. I haven't seen these vouchers and don't know how easy they would be to simply photocopy if they aren't match tickets but if that's possible then having the voucher itself is no proof of anything anyway. I presume they just chose not to let Falkirk collect the cash, or Falkirk refused to do it, though that seems unlikely.

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

The 2,000 capacity which has comfortably housed our support since it was built? How stupid of the club.

Falkirk would need to have printed 2000 tickets then sent the home ones to us. If they thought that was the best solution, why didn't they offer to do just that? 

It does seem that Dumbarton fans are ITK about timescales and discussion details.

I must assume however it is only one side of the story and the truth will be somewhere in the middle.

How many times has this stadium sold out since Dumbarton got promoted? 4 times V Sevco?

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

It does seem that Dumbarton fans are ITK about timescales and discussion details.

I must assume however it is only one side of the story and the truth will be somewhere in the middle.

How many times has this stadium sold out since Dumbarton got promoted? 4 times V Sevco?

I don't know anything about the discussions, but if Falkirk were to make that offer I don't see why we would knock it back.

Our ground has been sold out twice since it was built, I believe.

Guest Back Post Misses
Just now, The Moonster said:

I don't know anything about the discussions, but if Falkirk were to make that offer I don't see why we would knock it back.

Our ground has been sold out twice since it was built, I believe.

So I assume there was a plan devised when Rangers rolled into town?

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

So I assume there was a plan devised when Rangers rolled into town?

Nah, we just let everyone turn up to the door on the day, let the first 2,000 people in and let the polis deal with the consequences.

17 minutes ago, distresseduke said:

Dumbarton belong with cowdenbeaths of this world ...a club with a ground & setup that belongs to the juniors... hopefully next year they will start moving back towards that

Punching well above their weight is another way to look at it.

Although I think next season could be the season they finally slip out the league.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well clearly if we accept the premise that Dumbarton have been caught off guard by Falkirk requesting more tickets than they have available for the away support then it's perfectly clear why it matters when they were told. Dumbarton, unlike Falkirk, but like pretty much every other smaller club, will not have their own ticketing system and when required to do an all ticket match will need to outsource the printing. I presume Dumbarton will have a regular printer they use for such events as they've had plenty of all ticket games in the last couple of seasons and it's presumably the case that the seating plan is unchanged since the last one but it's still something that will take at least 24 hours to physically organise and print even supposing they do have someone already set up with their seating manifest. And then the tickets have to physically get delivered (I haven't a clue where Dumbarton get their tickets but ours are ordered from a company in Forfar when we get proper ticketing done so it will take a day to arrive) and then checked and forwarded to Falkirk. And that's presuming your printer has nothing better to do when there's a snap election going on and printers generally will be as busy as they are at any time in the next five years and Monday was a bank holiday so they were almost certainly shut.

To be fair, Dumbarton will not want to incur pointless costs. If Lee Miller's late "goal" on Saturday had not been ruled offside then the game would be meaningless to Falkirk and it's unlikely more than a few hundred would have travelled. It's not something they could have dealt with before Tuesday other than by printing a load of tickets that would potentially have needed pulping at a probably £500+ cost. Maybe if Falkirk had agreed to either print them or meet that cost they'd have done it?

There will inevitably be empty seats at the game. Segregation is a requirement and stadiums are usually set up to allow for a specific segregation point which isn't easily moved along a bit even if we accept for the moment that Dumbarton's existing season ticket holders would be happy to give up their seat for a one off occasion to get "the Falkirk pound" in.I doubt they were able to practically make any more tickets available without actually giving you ALL the tickets, or switching ends I suppose though I guess the two ends are more or less the same size?

I don't think there's any reason they couldn't be. A match ticket is supposed to have the League Terms & Conditions of Sale on the back but it's a fairly minor point for a one off emergency scenario. I haven't seen these vouchers and don't know how easy they would be to simply photocopy if they aren't match tickets but if that's possible then having the voucher itself is no proof of anything anyway. I presume they just chose not to let Falkirk collect the cash, or Falkirk refused to do it, though that seems unlikely.

I've never read such shite - it was Bob McHugh! :P

Archived